5 years

5 years ago today I went to my gp to see about a lump in my right breast, never thinking that it might be anything, it didn’t hurt, my grandson had caught my boobie with his foot. My gp sent me to the breast clinic and the madness of my cancer ride began…I was directed to this site by my McMillan nurse as I was explicit in not wanting people to know. I had wonderful support from ladies on here, anonymous and knowledgeable I would’ve cracked without this site. This post is to let you newly diagnosed ladies know that there is life after treatment, its crappy but imminently doable, its worth going through for the peace of mind afterwards, and life does return to some kind of normal, hang in there. I never thought I’d get this far and I’m grateful xx

That is so lovely to hear. I meet my oncologist in the morning to discuss the radiotherapy and am feeling quite scared. Its been a crazy couple months but my results last week were good and I know I should be so relieved but does the worry about cancer coming back etc evr leave. xxxxx thank u and keep well 

That’s so nice to hear, I like it when people come back and do these inspirational posts, it does help current users for sure. I  am struggling with the ‘how can I ever not be afraid of it coming back’ at the moment too. I guess I just have to remind myself that it could appear for anyone, at any time, even people who aren’t diagnosed at the moment. Each one of us always has that inherent risk… Still I hope that given time the fear might diminish for us Marydan. 

I am so pleased for you Applestreet2. I have my operation on 22nd September and am feeling very positive. I have quite a few friends who have been through exactly the same thing and they fit and healthy now and are giving me so much support. I do not want everyone to know as I dont want pity, I want positive talk. Thank you for your lovely post. Be healthy and happy always. xx