50 years old, Bury area, newly diagnosed

Hi everyone
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma 3.3cm’s found on mammogram - can’t feel it. Thank god for screening.
Felt very positive until I received a letter saying I had to have a liver ultrasound due to mildly elevated levels in blood test. Elevated levels of what I wonder? Anyway, I think you are all brave and wonderful and good luck to every one of you.

Hi Sid

Sorry you’ve had to join us here on these boards, but as someone else who has only been diagnosed fairly recently I have to say I think you’ve come to the right place!

The support and comfort here, and even laughs too, have really helped me - the helpline too has been invaluable.

I’m no expert on all this but I know some of the best advice I received was not to google and terrify myself silly with what is often inaccurate and out-of-date information.

I suppose you have to wait for the results of your ultrasound before you get a treatment plan? I’m still waiting for my plan too. Lots of people here and my BCN have said that the testing and waiting part is the worst and once treatment starts things get a bit easier mentally.

Anyway, hello from me and I’m sure some of the others will be along soon to ‘welcome’ you.

D x

Hiya - Invasive lobular carcinoma here - dx end of May 2011. Sentinal node biopsy and core biopsy June 2011. Started chemo end of June - finished end of November. Mastectomy and axillary clearance December 20th. Now going through Radiotherapy - 6/15 done.

What ever the future holds for you - you will get through this. It will pass. We are here together to support each other, one step at a time, one day at a time.

So sorry you have found yourself here - but please feel welcome

Debbie

p.s. screening didn’t find me - my mammogram was clear. Self examination saved me.

Hi
Thanks you two.
I’ve been following you Historygirl and my heart goes out to you. I wonder where you are up to now? Did you have any cancer in your lymph nodes? Has it shown up anywhere else? I love your sense of humour. I think a bit of gallows humour gets you through it better.

Supertrouper it sounds like you have had quite a journey but you sound very upbeat. Interesting that your mammogram was clear. Good job you self-examined. I guess both types of screening are vital.

Best of luck to both of you and thanks for welcoming me to the forums. Would be good to hear about your continuing journeys.

Hi Sid

Sorry you have found yourself here but welcome!

With regard to your liver function tests, there are lots of reasons why LFT’s can be raised so try to stay calm and in the moment. I know it’s so easy to let your mind run away with all sort of awful thoughts.

Good luck with the scan and hope you don’t have to wait too long for the results. If you need to chat, give the helpline a call - they’re really great.

Laurie x

Hi Sid and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support here please feel free to call our helpline where you can talk any concerns and queries through with one of our team, the lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2 on 0808 800 6000

I am posting a link to more information and services from BCC which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Sid

Sorry you have had to join us here but just to echo what the ladies have said before this place is a great for support and advice

I too am not too far from Bury so feel free to pm. me etc…

I too HAD invasive ductal…triple negative and am having chemo following MX

take care and feel free to get in touch x x

Julie x

Hi Laurie, Lucy and Julie. Thanks for your welcome.
I went to hoz today and doctor said I have tubular cancer which is good news because it is not aggressive and unlikely to spread or recur. It is not in my lymph nodes but is big enough that I need a mastectomy. I don’t think I will need chemo or rads. I don’t know how it has managed to go from 1 cm to 3.3 cm and then to 2.4cm, or how it has gone from Invasive Ductal Carcinoma to Tubular but I’m glad it has!!! Liver ultrasound on Wednesday but doc says if cancer all three tests would be raised and only one of mine is so not likely. BIG RELIEF.

Hi Sid, thank you for your post, it made me want to login to feel part of the support, I’m 46. Found my own naughty boob in Nov 2011, doc referred me ‘just in case’ diagnosed week before xmas following biopsy. Main op on 18th Jan WLE and Axilia. All went great, I was surprised at how good I felt. Results Oestrogen, Grade III 30mm & 8 mm (originally a 21mm from Ultrasound) so lots of bruising and 1 of the 14 nodes taken has a tiny micro bit of cancer cells. Needless to say they didn’t get the margins they wanted to either side so going back for a wee bit more to be removed through the same scar this coming Weds 22nd then the wait for the results before getting on with it. It is the waiting and thinking that gets to you. As early as I am with BC (no treatment yet), the hardest mindset is to put yourself first.
My heart felt hugs to everyone, thank you all for being there x

Hi Spacehopper
Not been here for a bit - just getting sorted for surgery and treatment.
Hope all went well for you on the 22nd. How are you now?
You are so right about the waiting being the worst part! It kinda takes over your life doesn’t it.
All the very best to you - here’s to a quick and full recovery.