50th birthday - 1st cancerversary

Today I have mixed feelings, its my 50th birthday , its also one year to the day I was dx with bc , I am feeling fortunate to be here to celebrate but also sad as this day one year ago has changed my life so drastically .
I am trying to move on from having cancer I live in the land of ned but I also want to live my life as normally as can be possible with a bc dx, I know it could return at anytime , life is a lottery and I am going to play it to my best ability to win it is all I can do , finding this forum when I was dx was a godsend, you ladies/men on here are wonderful you like me have found yourself in the worst situation but there are some pretty inspiring people on here x
I wish ALL the ladies and men on here the very best of health & happiness and my prayer for today on this anniversay ( and I am no way religious ) is that one day they will find a cure for this bl**dy awful disease and breast cancer will be no more

Good vibes to all

xx

happy birthday! we share the same day of dx, except i was dx 21st feb 2008. its the big 5 years for me today but ive thought about cancer every day since i was dx aged 34. i dont think it will ever go away even now i am off hormone treatment. however, i am sooo happy to still be here ned today

Happy Birthday Lottie.
I was 50 on the 16th (last Saturday) and that was one year on from seeing my GP who confirmed that I did have a lump (I had found it myself on the 13/02). 14 days later I was dx with BC.
I found the week leading up to my birthday quite emotional - but, hey, we are here to tell the tale! We have shown strength and courage in dealing with all the treatments and we are now facing a new kind of future. I celebrated my birthday with my OH and 4 relly close, supportive friends and had a great time. I hope that you have a lovely day with people that you care for.
Health & happiness to you
Helen

Happy Birthday Lottie,

Sending lots of hugs
xx

Congratulations Lottie both on reaching the big five-0 and on your one year anniversary. Quite a birthday present! It is my six year anniversary this month, and I turned 50 a few months ago. Still don’t believe it - 50 is something that happens to other people, not me!

May you now go from strength to strength. You have an advantage over other 50 year olds - you know how fragile life is, and that you need to live every day to the full. So go live it!

Happy Birthday enjoy the day and celebrate that last years birthday is a distant memory. Well done for coming through the year stronger and healthier. It’s really hard not to think about it and move on, I have moved on but somehow can’stoops thinking about it and would really like to stop it and return to normality! I suppose the first stage would be not coming onto this site but its become my friend and hard to let go! I had my first anniversary at Christmas and celebrated by having a no expenses spare christmas as last years was horrid for all the family so I was determined to make this one special and spend a fortune, which I did and will be paying for it all year but who cares I am alive!

Happy Birthday Lottie - I hope you’re thoroughly spoilt today!!
lots of love and hugs
Lozza xxx ;o)

Hi Lottie, it’s my 50th on Saturday. I’m in between chemo and radiotherapy and still feeling pretty rough after last week’s docetaxol so certainly don’t feel like celebrating. Are you thinking/worrying about it less now after a year? I’m just so fed up of constantly thinking about cancer! Hope you enjoy your day! xx

Happy birthday Lottie,have a fab day,heres to many more.x
Di.x

Happy Birthday Lottie … and many, many happy returns.

I am still at the beginning of my journey - due to start chemo in March sometime. My 65th birthday was last New Years Eve and I was dx on 27th December. I was in the results waiting room right over Christmas. It was a Christmas I never want to repeat, and a milestone birthday I will never forget for the worst of reasons.
xxx

Hello Ladies,
thank you for all your lovely messages , I knew you would get me …Its bitter sweet but Roadrunner you are so right :slight_smile: , Teej I worry everyday but I try not to let it rule my life easier said than done ! Lolly73 congratulations on the 5 years I pray it will be many many more for us all , Lola65 best of luck with your treatment once it starts you will feel a little more in control its a rollercoaster but as you can see from the fab ladies on here its doable,
Thanks again for all your birthday wishes I have so far managed to get through today without shedding a tear, onwards and upwards for us all

xx

Happy birthday lottie, enjoy your special day. You deserve it xxx

Happy Birthday Lottie hope you have a lovely day and get throughly spoilt xxx Happy 1st anniversary too xxxx

Happy birthday Lottie. And well done you, on getting through a horrendous year! Hope you’re having a lovely day.
ive got my 2 year mammogram on Monday 25th February. My 2 year cancerversary is 7th March. So fingers crossed.
Heres to many, many more years to come for all of us
love Mandy xxx

Happy Birthday Lottie I am 50 in December & am planning a big party to celebrate reaching my half century. My diagnosis date was 2nd March last year, this year I will be on a plane with a glass of champagne in my hand heading to Baja California in Mexico to see the whales in their nursery lagoon. Not a day goes by without me thinking of bc but on that day I will be sticking two fingers up to it & celebrating life.

S x

Happy Birthday Lottie I am the big FIVE O on Sunday. 2 years ago on my birthday I had the results from my surgery and learnt I had to have chemo and rads!! Lovely birthday pressie that was. However just had 2 year clear mammo so looking forard to this weekend to celebrate in style reaching 50 and NEDDY!!! Hope you have a lovely day and carry on celebrating for years to come
Jill xxxxxxxxxx

Happy Birthday Lottie, Hope you have had a wonderful day.

MM x

What is it with the birthdays and cancer dx’s ???
I learnt 4 days before my 51st I had cancer. I have had my follow up mammo a year to the date of dx, Monday just gone. same room, same time, same radiographer.
On Sunday 24th I will be 52. I remember the birthday last year - absolutely dreadful. This year I hope will be a little better, but still waiting on that mammo result. So the trauma of it has all come back to me.
What a year it has been…
WSx

I know WS its a birthday I will never forget, and I TOLD the oncologist it was my birthday so he wasnt allowed to give me bad news, but he went just right on and did it anyway !! Happy birthday for the 24th try and enjoy I know its bitter/sweet xx