6 REPLIES 6
moorcow

Re: 7 Years On

congratulations Eileen and Cherub, thinking of you tracyld,

N

tracyld

Hi Suzanne ,

I hope you managed to cope okay with the docetaxel. I have got to have a full spinal scan tomorrow at the old DRI as I have been in constant pain in the lower back. I do have an old injury as I had a spinal fusion at 14, so I am trying to stay positive. I know the docs have got to rule out the spread of the breast cancer but I rather wish they had just done an X ray to see if there was ant evident damage. Anyway I will try and stay calm.

What do you think of the new stadium name. Not really very impressed but it wont make a lot of difference, everyone will still call it Pride Park.

Take good care of yourself. Love Tracy xxx

Ramsfan55

This is a very inspiring thread and I am also finding that reborn feeling cos you do change the way you look at life. I have also found that my clinical psychologist has helped me through this journey. Learning to live for today and appreciating things so much more. I no longer live at 90 miles an hour as I did in my professional life, and this has given me more time for contemplation.
I am three years down the line with primary and secondary (bone mets) from the start in nov 2010. Recent spread to liver and start docetaxol today! Hence early morning!!
Hope that all goes well for all of you. Keep the faith too.
Suzanne xxx

tracyld

Hello Eileen and Cherub.....

Well Done on the 7 year Anniversary of you both being Breast Cancer survivors !!  WE are always pleased to hear good news. 

I have been to Malta and Gozo , but I did not know that St Agatha was the Patron Saint of Breast Cancer , so thanks for letting us know that snippet of information. I am a Christian and go to church every Sunday so my faith has always been exceptionally important to me. It was lovely to hear Naz say she felt as if she had been reborn. We are being given the chance to see the world through different eyes .

Lots of love for many more years in the land of NED. !! Have a good weekend celebration xxxx 

eileen765

I'm right behind you, in 2 weeks I will be 7 years since mascectomy.  Eileen 765 xxx

NAZ

Wow Cherub!

Thanks for sharing with us.

That was a really  hair tingling experience you just told then..

I am finding the whole post cancer journey is turning into quite a spiritual  one, i sort of see the world through different eyes if you know what i mean. Almost has if i have been re-born..

I am so pleased your mammo was clear, it bet that is one massive relief for you?

Take care

Naz xxxxx

cherub

7 Years On

I don't visit here very often these days, but I just wanted to say I had my annual mammo a couple of weeks ago and all is fine again this year, so 7 years on now.

A bit stressful in the lead up to it as the appointment was a day before I was going on holiday, but I didn't want to put it off. A few weeks previously I had a dream about my late mum sitting on the side of my bed, she was holding my hand. It spooked me a bit as my mum died 33 years ago and it is very rare for me to dream of her, last time was when my late father went into care with dementia 9 years ago. In the dream my dad walked past, maybe this was a good omen.

On holiday in Malta, I went over to Gozo for the day and visited the museum at the cathedral. There was painting of St Agatha, the patron saint of breast cancer and it was very disturbing as it was a graphic depiction of the Romans cutting her breasts off. My husband hated it so much he walked away from it, must admit again I was spooked. Weird thing is I hadn't slept well for weeks (it's the same every year when my mammo is due even after all this time), but I slept like a log that night and every night afterwards.

The result of my mammo came the day after we got back, maybe St Agatha was another good omen?

Best wishes to all.