7 months post rads

Hi, Does anyone have any experience of still having extreme fatigue and nerve pain in breast several months (currently 7) after radiotherapy? WLE was 3 months before that. I feel I “should” be better by now. Family/friends are like “great that you’re fine now” - and they’re right, it is! Except I still don’t feel fine. I also feel guilty as I know I’ve been very fortunate so I should be “fine”
Also, in the past month or so I actually feel the fatigue is worse, like it’s in waves. Feels like a permanent jet lag just now. Have had bloods checked by gp so nothing else causing it.
I think I just feel I should be better than this as I didn’t need chemo. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Hi Eli
I’m also 7 months post rads and struggle with fatigue. Would like to work more but worried that I won’t cope.
That feeling you get which you describe comes in waves, I used to get that when I didn’t drink enough. Even now I need to drink at least 2 litres a day. Especially in this weather! See if that helps xx

I’m getting awful fatigue.I have a really good cancer book which talks about this “should” thing that we do.Who says we “should” be better now? Other people who haven’t had cancer? What would you be saying to a friend who’s had your treatment? Would you be chastising them? I don’t think so.My fatigue has got worse and I finished rads end of January.Its the thing we’re never told about and it can last months or even years.I work 20 hours a week and am on my feet cleaning and walking from one place to another and often feel wiped out…too achey to even lie down or to cook a meal.

Sue and Treeze, thank you both so much. Sorry for delay in replying, I’ve had a couple of days where I’ve been incapable of anything much at all.
You have both given me so much reassurance. Yes, the docs can tell you it’s ‘normal’ to be tired, but they don’t make clear how utterly debilitating it can be.
And Treeze, yes, you’re right. I should erase “should” from my vocabulary! Thanks both of you!