7 years clear of cancer

Hi I’m 7 years clear of breast cancer and still feel just as scared as when I was first diagnosed my mum died at the age of 49 because of this horrible disease I was 34 when I was diagnosed I don’t have anyone to share my deepest fears with I have two daughters and worry everyday about them I have had a genetic test but they only test for the most common genes so can’t assure us it isn’t genetic I was 10 years younger than my mum when I was diagnosed I have never really be offered any support I didn’t understand why I was given a breast nurse but I could honestly say she didn’t make any difference being there and was hopeless I have never understood the reason she was there for as she did nothing for me I have since worked with other breast cancer patients and patients who didn’t have cancer but had build up of calcium that could have lead to cancer every single one of them have been given support and help from there nurse why wasn’t I even though its been 7 years my everyday life is effected by this where can I turn for help

hi Lori,
So sorry to hear of your experience, sadly professionals are human too & sometimes one or 2 may not be able to come through for whatever reason.
It’s so good you’ve been clear for 7 years, but obviously in view of what you’ve been through, it’s not surprising you feel the way you do.
It might be an idea to give the helpline above a ring to talk things through.
Do take care & best wishes with it all.
ann x

PS, If you’re on your mobile the helpline no. is 0808 800 6000. x