66865members
352842posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 years today since dx with primary BC at age 36, still NED.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: 7 years today since dx with primary BC at age 36, still NED.

Hi Tors,

I remember you on here all those years ago and its good to see you fit and well.

I was then named Truddles but ive since changed it to Trudy2010

I too am reaching 7 years in October 2010 and have finished tamoxifen and all my check-ups have been clear.

I keep popping on this site and BC is never out of my mind , several people I know have been diagnosed in the last 2 years and I've found I can be a support for them.

Its amazing how far treatment has progressed and there are so many success stories.

Highlighted

I echo Optimissey, Tors, what a lovely inspiring post, thank you for that and so pleased to hear that you are doing so well 😁 brilliant xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you so much for this tors. Like most of us on here I imagine, now my active treatment is recently completed, (just the hormones for 5 or more years now) and I've time to draw breath, thoughts of possible recurrance tend to sneak their way in, so reading your post is such a boost. I am so pleased for you, especially with the little ones becoming bigger ones all the time. So thoughtful of you to think of us who are at the start of this somewhat challenging road. "May you live for a hundred years" as they say in Albania.

Thanks again. XXXXXXX

Highlighted

7 years today since dx with primary BC at age 36, still NED.

Hi, I just wanted to share that I was diagnosed with primary breast cancer, grade three, mildly oestrogen positive in March 2010, and although there have been ups and downs since, I'm still (touches wood!) fortunate enough to have no evidence of disease, 7 years on. My boys were 2 & 4 years old then, now they're 9 and 11. I've seen the youngest start primary school and the oldest start high school. This time seven years ago, though, I was a terrified sobbing wreck and totally sure I'd not be around to see this. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, radiotherapy and tamoxifen. I remember so clearly how tough those early days were and the hope it gave me to hear back from members who were a few years down the line and still (more touching wood) doing ok, so I hope that reading this helps someone in the same way! Sending lots of love to you all. Take care xxxx