79 years old. diagnosed 3 days ago. I need advice.Please!

My mother 79 was diagnosed with IBC 3 days ago. The doctor says that we go to chemotherapy. I researched the options and I know it is the only one. Please share with me of what is awaiting us. My sister and I are keeping a very high and cheerful attitude with our mother, but inside we are frightened. Any advise or sharing of experience will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck to all. Wish you well :slight_smile:

Hi Riki, so sorry your mum is going through this. It is a very frightening time for all of you, but your mum will be very well cared for as she goes through treatment. My advice is to keep up the high and cheerful attitude for your mum, it must help her greatly - especially now. She is very lucky to have such loving and supportive daughters. Please send her my love and all the best wishes in the world for a successful recovery :slight_smile:
x x

Hi Riki

I have put for you below the link to BCC’s publication regarding IBC and hope you find it helpful.  If there is anything you need to know please just ask, there’s always someone here to help, plus our staff on the helpline are there to support you and your mum through this.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/inflammatory-breast-cancer-bcc23

Take care,

Jo, Moderator