cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Good Distraction

67 REPLIES 67
Lulu34

Re: A Good Distraction

Sorry you weren't a winner with sir terry Twinky but well done for making it so far.... Your still a winner to all of us.... And what a great idea donating a song to bcc.

Lxx

Mazzalou

Well done, Twinky

How does it feel to be somebody who has made it to Sir Terry's 'Top 20'?

A Star is Born.

Get on the blower right away to Gareth Malone and tell him that your 'Twinklettes' will be 'shobby-do-wahing' in the background for you too. I'm sure Sir Tel can pull a few strings for you on this one too.

Looking forward to your updates and perhaps a Just Giving link once you have your 'hit' released.

What a good news story on this cold and wintry day.

Best wishes

Mazzalou xxx

Cackles

What a fantastic idea Twinky. I know cash is very tight for them at BCC because of the financial problems which prevail. I would hate it if the Forums, Helpline, etc had to close. The charity is quite small and hasn't been able to advertise in the same way as Macmillan and the other " big boys".
Go for it... Perhaps contact the fundraising dept and see what help they could give.
Big Hug and best wishes for the op.
Cackles

RevCat

Hey Twinky that's be brill if you could do that.

Sorry you didn't make the final four.... their loss

Hope you are soon feeling up to recording again.

Guest user
Not applicable

Just to let you know that although I got into Sir Terry's top 20, I wasn't one of the final four selected to have the song recorded professionally & released. Was lovely to have the support of the ladies here though and I thought I might look at 'donating' a song to BCC, recording it & releasing it on iTunes for sale with all the proceeds going to BCC as they do such a valuable job here supporting all of us. I shall look into doing this & hope that you will all help spread the word & encourage everyone to buy it.

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Not long until my op now (3 days) but I will spend some time writing & recording new songs as I heal. I find it helps doing something enjoyable but constructive whilst going through these difficult times.

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

So lovely to have this boost to take the edge off my pre-op nerves as I deal with my recurrence. Have worked out that if I do get through to the final 4 then I should be able to do the professional recording bit before starting mt next stage of the treatment after my MX so it all works out nicely for me!

Thank you all so much for your nice comments and getting behind me on this. If there are any ladies who enjoy singing and would like to record a song themselves and are in the Midlands somewhere then I can offer to record you free (can do it in your own home as I have a portable recording unit too) if you'd like a CD of you performing! Just PM me.

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

yayy, great news Twinky, well done u xx

Guest user
Not applicable

How about Twinky and the Pink Ribonettes!!

Mx

Lulu34

Twinkly I was too late to vote for you but listened to your song and loved it you so deserve to be chosen

Well done that's wonderful news.... Here's to great things.

Lxx

RevCat

Twinklettes - like it. Far better than 'Unwilling Amazons' or "one boobed wonders" which would be other options ;-))

Mazzalou

Well, Twinky, as you are nearly a number 1 hit perhaps you can suggest it to him please, but we need to come up with a name for ourselves - any suggestions for Twinky and her backing Twinklettes please?

Watch out Simon Cowell - here we come!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for all your comments. No Mazzalou I don't know Gareth but I'd like to...he seems a real sweetie! I'm sure we'd all make a great choir! Perhaps we can be his next project.

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Congrats twinky. Well done and good luck for the next round

Maj x

KatyD

Fantastic news. Well done and certainly deserved beautiful song.

KatyD

Guest user
Not applicable

We have a star amongst us!!!

Twinky, well done, your song is beautiful. You'll go far!

Mxx

Guest user
Not applicable

congratulations, it is a beautiful song, beautifully sung. xxx

Everton_babe

Hey Twinky

Sooooo pleased for you-What a lift!! Onwards and upwards girl!!

Cathie xx

lisha

Lol i will refrain from joining in if you actually want to get somewhere!!!!
Congratulations though you have done really well xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh your comment made me giggle Mazzalou... superb idea 🙂 xx

Guest user
Not applicable

So so pleased.. Woohoo 🙂 well done xxx

Mazzalou

A good omen for you if ever there was one! Perhaps we can all be your backing group and give the Military Wives a run for their money. Does anyone know Gareth Malone?!!!

RevCat

HURRAH! Go Twinky, Go Twinky...

SO pleased for you... hope you are one the winners...

weme

congratulations, good luck for the next stage.

Weme

AnnieK68

Congratulations! I'm really pleased for you!! :0D

Let us know how you get on!

Axx

supertrouper

Congratulations - I love hearing about good news!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh wow oh wow....just got an e mail saying I made it to the next stage of the competition where Sir Terry himself will be judging the songs alongside Johnny Walker, Ken Bruce & Bob Harris. Wanted to let you ladies know first and thank you do much for the votes & nice comments. Four of the final 21 songs will be selected by Terry & the gang for recording professionally before release for sale to find the overall winner from the number of sales (The money will go to Barnardos not the songwriters). So pleased to have for so far at this dark time. Great to have some good news to share!

Thank you again

Twinky x x

RevCat

doh, long term chemo brain strikes again!!!!!!

Have a great week off instead, MUCH more fun!

Guest user
Not applicable

Psst....Revcat...surgery is next week on the 19th. Having a week off work this week for some me time :-). Some songwriting & recording, my first ever live football match with a friend of mine. Lunch with the mother and husband of two wonderful ladies that I had my first treatment with that sadly died last year and a few walks to try and kick start being healthier and fitter in 2012!

Twinky x x

RevCat

here's hoping....

And (more importantly) hope all goes well with surgery this week

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you all for voting. I'm really touched that so many of you helped me. The results come out today so I'll let you know what happens. Makes a change to be waiting for results of a different nature!

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Gutted ladies - the voting closed at noon today 😞 However, I'm sure you will have done well Twinky68. Keep us posted!

All the very best.

Deb x

AnnieK68

Bumping up :))

Mazzalou

Last day of voting and MX all in the same week - how much more excitement can a girl take, Twinky?

Good luck and best wishes for both

Mazzalou x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Twinky, how have i missed this thread! Well now i've found it i have voted for your song which is beautiful, it brought a tear to my eye this morning. Good luck with it, we'll have to keep bumping all day to get u more votes. Good luck with the op as well xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Mazzlou....last day of voting today. Feel quite excited but I'm also de-mob happy as I'm taking a week off work next week for bags of 'me time' before my MX the following week.

Just had a thought....have the BCC staff voted for me?

Twinky68 x x

Mazzalou

Bumping it to the top of the forums for you Twinky and here's hoping you get more votes

Guest user
Not applicable

Ooh....just looked at the competition timeline. I'll know on Monday whether I got enough votes to make it to the top 20 ready for Sir Terry! Thank you to those who have voted so far. Just a final push as the voting closes after tomorrow:

http://Www.oldiecomposers.com Song no.34 One In A Million

Twinky x x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Beautiful.... got my vote and a shout out on my facebook page - ooh fingers toes and anything else we have left crossed 🙂 xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you all for voting! Gives me something to look forward to! Just heard my MX will be Thurs 19th Jan. got to hold a 'chicken fillet' today. They're pretty good aren't they! Now need to buy some new bra that aren't saggy and grey lol

Twinky x x

ragamuffin

Lovely voice, great lyrics, have voted for you.
Good Luck with everything- song- results and treatment! xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Loved the song and have voted. Will tell family and friends to do so too.
Good Luck!

AnnieK68

Hi Deb,

Here's the link ....

http://www.oldiecomposers.com/TOP50.html

Song No 34!

Axx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Twinky

Well done you! Can you provide the link to the website to register your song. I'll pop it on Facebook too and see if we can get you as many votes as possible.

All the best.

Deb x

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes music is a fantastic distraction! Off to the hospital in 10 mins to see my consultant & BCN to find out when my MX will be. Feeling quite nervous now

Twinky x

AnnieK68

Bump ...something nice to take the pressure off things!

Everton_babe

Bump!!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Wrote it for my hubby whom I met after battling cancer the first time. He loves me despite my MX & reconstruction scars. So lucky to have him. I manage to play guitar despite lymphoedema in my left arm!

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

great song lovely voice. voted

KatyD

Brilliant lovely song. Voted!