68594members
360755posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU. RE 'excruciatingly painful skin mets..your advice please'

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: A HEARTFELT THANK YOU. RE 'excruciatingly painful skin mets..your advice please'

Thank you Stresshead,

Havent been on here for a little while,, 

how are you doing ?

hugs, Moijanx

Highlighted

Re: A HEARTFELT THANK YOU. RE 'excruciatingly painful skin mets..your advice please'

Moijan, so sorry to hear about your friend...i jst hope we were able to ease his pain in some small way. Condolences to you and his family. xx

Highlighted

Bless you all. Thank you. I will pass on your messages.

he had gone into a hospice for pain control, but wasnt able to return home. He spent his entire workng life in the NHS nursing and helping people.  As you say, very sad and a very brutal illness.

much love,

Moijanx

Highlighted

Dear Moijan

So sorry you have lost your friend this disease shows no mercy and as you say it has been very quick. Please pass on our condolences to his wife and family. Such an awful time of year for them but there is no good time. I do hope he got a little relief from his skin mets.

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Im really sorry to hear this, it must be so upsetting for you and devastating for his family....such a quick progression of his illness. X

Highlighted

Hello Moijan, so sorry to hear about your friend. At least he is out of pain now, but it's probably not much consolation to his wife and family (or you, as such a good friend). Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you and his family.

Hugs and best wishes. Barton.x

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

just wanted you all to know that this friend has now diedxx

his Wife,  R, was so grateful for the advice you offered, which I did pass on to her. Poor guy, he only discovered in May this year that he had primary and secondary Lung Cancer and latterly he went downhill quickly. 

i just wanted to thank you all againxx  it seems that some forms of primary lung cancer are often very much more aggressive and progressive than lung Mets from elsewhere.  

I did pop into the ' skinny' thread, but decided this thread might reach you earlier.

Love, Moijanxx

Highlighted

Re: excruciatingly painful skin mets..your advice please

Thank you Stresshead. I passed them on, but his wife is pretty busy looking after him and we dont chat, she did say thank you for all the tips. I hope he isnt suffering too...he only heard about his primary and secondary in ?May and now hes dying, so a real shock for him and for his wife..,they have two children and about 4. Grandchildren and were due to go to Oz to see one daughter when the cancer appeared and put paid to that, sadly. Poor guy.

hope you are doing ok Stresshead...you have a heavy burden of your ownxxx

love,  Moijanxx

Highlighted

Hi Moijan, just wondered how you are and how your friend is doing. were the tips on here any good to him. I do hope he isnt sffering too badly. Lots of love. xx

Highlighted

Thank you Marirose, good idea, will pass it onxxx

Highlighted

Dear Moijan stresshad is spot on I had a very itchy time and I was prescribed antihistamine it really did work. Hope your friend gets relief give him our love

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Highlighted

God Bless you Stresshead, will pass that all on to his wife

hope you are ok

?

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Moijan, so sorry to hear your friend is suffering...i've been there and its not nice.

When my skin mets first broke down i was given chlorphenicol ointment...apparently it is eye ointment??

I have tried lots of dressings but have always reverted back to urgotul which is a silver impregnated dressing and this is then covered with kerramax. Both are available on prescription  (think that is also what you asked Marierose). I also take an atihistamine, chloraphenamine, twice a day to help with the itching. Does he have a district nurse to come in and chage his dressings..if not, he needs one. I got releiof from guaze soaked in saline solution, then dabbed dry before dressings.

I havent tred manuka honey but i have tried propylis, which is what bees prodce to protect thir hives from bacteria etc..didnt work for me. With regard to the manuka honey i was told it had to be medical grade so i would try a reputable health store. I believe there is also a website called the honey doctor so that may be worth a try. Anything is worth trying when you are in pain so please let us know if anything works for him and/or he finds another solution. Very best wishes to you and your friend. xx

Highlighted

Thank you both for your response. I felt so sorry for him, he only found out he was terminally ill in May and now he cant do anything for himself and has skin mets in several places, poor soul. Have passed on your suggestions to his wife.

love and hugs,

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Hi Moijan

I am sorry your friend is suffering with skin mets I know how irritating they can be although mine are not so painful. But one thing I don't do is put anything on them I try to keep them as dry as possible but some of mine have ulcerated and I use carbon dressings with silver. I wish I could suggest something to help your friend  the people who are supposed to help us seem to know very little about skin mets.

But one thing I have learnt when the mets break down don't use adhesive dressings  because it irritates the good mets.

So sorry I cannot be of any more help but I wish him all the best and hope he can find some relief

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Highlighted

Don't have anything to offer but the Manuka honey thing ....as I posted on the other thread ages ago ...my son's dog has a huge cancer lump on his leg ..and it was removed it would just not heal due to cancerous tissue and the vet ran out of ideas ..used the honey and within a few days ..all healed .
Might help and u can just buy it in the supermarket .
Carolyn xxxx
Highlighted

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU. RE 'excruciatingly painful skin mets..your advice please'

Have today been to visit a friend who is dying. He has some very painful skin mets on his back and side, shoulder etc. i have read that some ladies have been trying various things to relieve thier skin met symptoms..

i would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions you might have to offer

thank you, Moijanxx