1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Weighty Problem?

vercors

Re: A Weighty Problem?

No loss to report but then I had a week end of French cheese, wine and whisky! all in all this is good. Due to go on holiday this week and back next Tuesday. I am not sure I will dare step on the scales then. Still I will report! Take care everyone. Keep focussed, you can do it. Don't expect to lose it all in one day.

supertrouper

One week on and weighed myself this morning to find that I have stayed the same! Which I suppose is okay as I haven't put weight on but would have been nice to have lost. Since chemo finished I find I eat much more than I used to do and I also don't seem to have any will power at all. If I want it, I tend to have it!
Think I will try and cut back on the booze this week and see if that has any effect.

Mazzalou

Any room in your suitcase Lottie? Sorry about you having to pay excess baggage for me though - and a bit more than I weighed last week, but less than a fortnight ago - looks like I am going to come back in my next life as a yo-yo!!!
I agree though that the harder we try the less sense it makes. I am hoping that my 30 minutes a day on the old cross trainer is building muscle which is heavier than fat and that I will win through in the end!!!
Let's hope that next week proves me right as I hate being wrong!!!
Till then xxx

nannabarb

Enjoy your holiday Lottie63, bah humbug to diets when you are away xx
lottie63

Hi Ladies,
Humpff !!! well I can honestly say im confused, I have not lost any weight this week even though I have been really good no naughty food at all, taken light lunch to work everyday salads etc exercised more and walked dog further !! What am I to do it just wont shift ... ok I havent put on any but thought I would have lost a couple of pounds as Ive been so good, this is driving me nuts !!!
Im going away next weekend to Paphos 4* spa hotel im sooo excited as obviously missed holiday this year due to treatment etc, so when I report in week after next bound to have put on at least a couple of pounds , mind you there is a gym at hotel BUT I am on holiday so cant see me useing it 🙂
Good luck to all hope your having better luck than moi x

GingerLaces

Well done ladies for persevering and brilliant news to those that have lost. Cannot report yet as will weight self in morning as been away for a few days. Despite all the walking I am sure I have gained lots as cannot be good when out and about. Need to keep going though as will be away again most of this week so will not be able to report in next week. Keep going ladies. xx

nannabarb

EEEEk *horror* 11 stone 10lb = 2lb ON in a week - I blame this weather, cant help eating stodge when I'm cold, and the hot chocolate 'Milano' in Cafe Nero with my daughter yesterday didnt help (lovely thick continental hot choc)... Will def have to up the excercise, start walking more and get to the swimming baths.
Hope you've all done better than me
dib

Hi all,just 1lb loss this week but better than nothing,5lb altogether since we started the weigh in,good luck to all,
Di.x

nannabarb

Exactly Mazzalou, my downfall (apart from bread, butter,cheese, FOOD, wine.....) have been thinking about digging out my old Slimming World books.....
Good luck for next week
Mazzalou

Pardon the pun, nannabarb - welcome to the 'Pudding Club'!!!!

supertrouper

It's been three weeks since I posted up saying I wanted to lose 2lbs - and it has taken me three weeks to do it! But I have done it.
Need to watch the pennies at the moment so trying to eat as cheaply as possible. Spending about an hour on the computer each day doing supermarket comparisons for food and then planning my shopping around what I have in the cupboards. Also doing batch cooking which means I can freeze meals for the following week.
Iceland are doing some great deals on weightwatchers ready meals if anyone hasn't got the time to cook.
I do hope to be able to log on next week to report a further loss.

nannabarb

Oh well, here goes.... my first weigh=in (no big pub lunch today, but I did have a bowl of creamy homemade rice pudding
eeeeek 11 stone 8 lb..... if I could just get a smidge under 11 stone I would happy... 10 stone I would be delirious (with hunger probably )
Mazzalou

Better 1lb off than 1lb on Janice so keep it going. Good luck with the bone scan and I'm sure that all will be fine. Try not to stress as it will only give you wrinkles!!! Let us know how you get on.

lottie63

Hi Ladies,
well done to all you losers , I have AGAIN only lost 1lb this week but thats ok its steady as Vercors says thank you for that x I have done more exercise this week on the wii and its helping my poorly legs ( Tamoxifen ) I would have lost more I think but been stressing about bone scan due next week so been comfort eating a bit Oops ... Oh well onwards and upwards , good luck to you all for next week

Janice x

dib

well done Mazz,ive not lost any this week but i havent done any exercise so cant complain,at least I havent put any on,will give myself a "must try harder" for next week.Well done to all losers,
Di.x

Mazzalou

Really pleased with my 1.6kg loss this week and would love to keep this up each week - one can live in hope!!! I really didn't think that I would do this well as we went out for a lovely carvery lunch last Sunday, but at least I have had the week to burn it off!!.
I'm trying to do 30 minutes on my cross trainer every day, but it will be worth it if it helps boost the weight loss.
Well done to all this week's losers, but if you didn't lose, or you even gained, don't despair. Stick with it as I will be around here for a long time yet as I have loads more to lose so make sure that you keep me company please!!!

GMT
Volunteer
Volunteer

Sorry didnt post last week as yet again had not lost any. I've managed a pound this week but not sure it' ll stay off. I start off well at beginning of the week with exercise , by Wed I'm aching so much, I can't face it. Perhaps try swimming, at least without much hair, not much faffing about in the changing rooms!
Well done to those of you who' e lost.
Gaynor xx

filosofie

So miserable - now back to square one. I know I've been eating too much rubbish while waiting for results of bone scan (clear thank goodness) but I've been quite active so didn't expect to have start again. Well done to all who've managed to do better.

vercors

I now officially believe in Santa Claus. I manage to lose weight despite the fact that I had a business trip, went to the restaurant with ladies who attended the Secondary Breast Cancer day in London, went out on Friday night and lunched with the Claredrops yesterday. I am really proud of myself.
Bikerchic, welcome to the group, I have no idea what 12 stones means as I only understand metric. Cutting the snacks really helped.
TammyM, not sure if it is the right time forypu to lose weight, you need all your strength for your reconstruction and then look after yourself for a full recovery.
Lottie63, it is best to loose a bit of weight every week than a lot every now and then. Keep faith.
Looking forward to hearing everyone's good news.

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies, well I've just been on the scales and I weigh 12 stone, 😞 , shakes head in disgust, I'm going to seriously do something about it, will cut back on all the snacks and stick to 3 meals a day, I also have the hairy bikers dieters book, so I will try some of their recipes,:-)
TammyM

Hi Ladies,
Well done to all. I know exactly what you are going through. I put on 2 stone by the end treatment was finished. Got my last herceptin in two weeks, but still on Tamoxifen (which apparently has the side effect of 'weight gain' - how rude).
I've already managed to lose 19lbs since January, but its been a long old slog, and I've still got a way to go because I wasn't a great weight when I got diagnosed. I'm having reconstruction surgery in 3 weeks, so I don't know if I'll put weight on during recovery, or lose it? I'm going for healthy eating, no pizza, no chocolate, no booze. Sounds boring, but I'm sick of feeling fat frankly.
After everything we've been through, why are we left with this problem? It just seems SO unfair.
Plus I'm hating my hair regrowth, I just look like Pat Butcher at the moment. Going through a very unpleasant phase. But you just got to keep on keeping on, right!?!
Lots of love. Keep the weight loss going. I'll join and post when I can, but I already owe £19!!
Tammy xxxxx
cherub

I've been doing online SW for about 4 months and I've managed to get about a stone off - then last week I sabotaged myself a bit (was a bit blue because the annual mammo comes round next week). The upshot was I gained a pound and a half, so I was really disgusted with myself

This week I'm having what they call an Express Week, which means 2/3 of each meal has to be veg or salad. Went on the scales this morning and I seemed to have got rid of a pound of the gain which is good - however the downside is wind

vercors

Congrats ladies.
I am afraid I have to report 400gr gain! ( lowering head in shame) . Two days of business trip this week, a night out with some secondary girls in London on Thursday and a pub lunch on Saturday with Claredrops ( for those of you who did not follow the surreal place thread, Clare shared with us some really difficult and also joyful moments in the last six months of her life)
If I report a loss next Sunday, I will need to review my current belief of Father Christmas!

lottie63

Ooooh this is harder than I thought , lost 2lbs this week but tbh thought it would be more as been really good , Im having trouble exercising as much now though with the effects of Tamoxifen on the poor old bones I must try to do more swimming , well done to all loosers, and good luck for next week, if anyone knows of any light exercise with great results please share lol , seriously I ache soooo much after walking/exercising I feel about 90 most days but im sure it will improve

Janice x

Mazzalou

Only a very small loss for me this week, but a loss nonetheless so 'must try harder' is my mantra this week. My main problem this week though was having my portacath removed so I didn't think that the cross-trainer was a good idea with stitches in my wound.
I have to confess Nannabarb to a big and delicious Sunday roast lunch today at Bawburgh Golf Club in Norwich with my hubby, daughter and her husband and his parents! Still a whole week to work it off - and more I hope!

nannabarb

WHY ARE MY POSTS APPEARING TWICE ????

ahhh got it, I know what I was doing wrong now 🙂
nannabarb

OOOh all making me feel guilty that I haven't been able to shift any weight... lost 1/2 stone just after surgery last year, but nothing since... think I may start weekly weigh in and post on here to encourage myself (cant quite face Slimming World yet)
Isnt it strange that this public image of cancer victims is one of really skinny sickly looking people, when in reality unless you are at end stage (hopefully something most of of will avoid) we are moonfaced and podgy because of the lack of excercise and steriods taken during treatment!
Keep up the good work ladies, hopefully you will inspire me to cut back on the lovely pub Sunday lunches, like the one I just had, followed by a white and dark chocolate orange mousse..... xx
GingerLaces

Hi everyone glad to report another small loss of 2lb. I say small as really tried hard but better off than on. Well done to ladies who have also lost. Really difficult when lots of things happening socially and I myself got one of those weeks coming up. But determined to keep going so we shall see what next Sunday brings. Loss would be nice!!! Keep going ladies x

dib

Hi all,just had another weigh in and lost 2lbs,pleased enough with that,well done to all losers!
Di.x

vercors

@Cackles, I find that anyone using the imperial system must be really good at maths. I still can't get my head around, the number of onces to a pound, the number of pounds to a stone. With metric, it is always 10. You guys seem to like complicated stuff .
Good idea about contacting Vita, I shall do that sometimes this week. When are you off to Scotland?
hmm just had some yummy biscuits ( yes biscuits with an S or 4 S as I had four). Scales are going to move in the wrond direction again!
Keep focussed everyone, we can make it.

Cackles

Well I am a happy greedy thing. I bought the Hairy Dieters book and the recipes are super.....filling and tasty. So this fat old bat is going to lose weight soon I hope. Who would have thought leeks could replace lasagna.
Vecors you have just exposed yourself as non British!!!!!!!'(not that it matters) GRAMS what the heck are they old girl ....not British and that's for sure!!!! So good to hear all is well with you. Many congratulations again for the Thames walk. Have you sent pictures etc to BCC for Vita mag.....you ought to. I thought of you today when we couldn't get to the boat because of Red warnings on the the rivef and therefore walked along the Thames Path to a Pub for lunch.

lottie63

Evening lovely ladies, well not so good this week as put on the pound I lost last week Grrrrr !!! But didnt expect anything else as been out for a meal and have people over too, oh well I shall knuckle down for next week, I have at least managed to keep the 6lbs I have lost so far off so not all bad, Good luck for next week I shall have to get the wii out of its hiding place and walk my dog even further, ( She looks good for it at least )
Have a lovely week ladies & enjoy the sunshine

Janice x

GMT
Volunteer
Volunteer

Hi all,
Stayed the same but not too disappointed as was away a couple of nights and a party last night. Must do better tho!
hope I can record a loss one week !!
Gaynor xx

Mazzalou

Alas! A one pound gain for me this week but with 2 birthdays to celebrate with meals out this week it really isn't surprising.
Must try harder!
Mind you, my port comes out on Wednesday so every little helps!!

dib

Hi ladies,after going to a birthday party last night i am pretty suprised and pleased to report a loss of 2lb,not a lot but enough to encourage me to try a bit harder,well done to all those who managed to lose some if only a little,not easy when your on medication.Keep up the good work,
Di.x

GingerLaces

Hello ladies reporting in with a small weight loss of another 1.5lbs. If I could lose that every week I would be a very happy bunny but think it is still the holiday weight coming off. Better off than on so lets keep going. Hope you have all had a successful week. Sundays come round very quick and hope to report another weight loss very soon ........

vercors

Last week I had put on a few grams, this week is down one kilo. Lost five in six weeks. I am really happy as I am not dieting as such, I stopped snacking, and reduced the portions I put on my plates. Today, I am going to a wedding...
How is everyone doing?
Xx

Mazzalou

I'm so exhausted after reading your post mb5648 that I now need to go and have a lie down in a darkened room as I feel quite exhausted at your exercise regime!!!
Seriously though, yes we may all want to lose weight, but hopefully we will also get fitter into the bargain. After the battering our bodies have been through during our treatment becoming fitter and healthier is very important.
Onwards and upwards ladies

GingerLaces

Evening Ladies, well done ladies. Even if we haven't lost at least we are trying to do something about it. Apologies for not posting last night, went out for the day. Glad to report that have been a very good girl for the week and managed to lose 1.5 pounds of my holiday weight. I will keep going as like a lot of you I do not want to buy any new clothes as have plenty that I like. Its a slow process as was expecting to lose more, but lets see what next week brings..... loss I hope!!! Keep going x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies
Haven't been on here for a while but remember 'chatting' with Mazzalou last year as I started chemo. That's all done, along with 15 sessions of radio, and am now on tamoxifen and have done 8/18 herceptin.
Got my annual mammogram booked for 3 Oct so going to have an anxious wait for results. And what do I do when I'm worried? You've guessed it!
I've probably lost my entire bodyweight over the years, but most of it always seems to creep back on! I can do healthy eating OK but my portion sizes are my downfall.
Had been doing weekly Zumba classes - my knees ache too much now - and gyming and swimming, before diagnosis, but 'public' exercising was off limits during chemo and radio; had a nasty radio burn that took 3 weeks to heal.
Back to 3-4 gym sessions a week now with a 10K strategy - I make sure I cover 10K each visit on whichever equipment I use. Today was 6K cycling and 4K rowing. sometimes it's the treadmill or cross-trainer. And it doesn't take as long as I always imagine - I can easily sit with the laptop and TV for a couple of hours without noticing the time, but can do a decent gym session in an hour, The scales don't show much change but my fitness is improving.
Will pop back next week and see how we're all doing. Good luck, but more importantly - keep well.
supertrouper

First weigh in today and I would like to lose 2lbs this week. I am not going to say how much I actually weigh. I am hoping to achieve my target weight of 9 stone before Christmas. I have a meal out on Wednesday and a weekend away coming up. These are my weaknesses - cider cheese and bread!!
Will try my hardest this week.

Mazzalou

Don't be too hard on yourself Janice - 6lbs in a month is nearly half a stone - very impressive.Are you sure that your scales were the right way up Vercors and that you weren't reading them back-to-front!
See you soon Rad ladies but keep on slapping on the old aqueous cream in the meantime and doing your post-surgery exercises even after your rads have finished.
Now, could that be why I have put on weight - has my body absorbed the copious amounts of aqueous cream that I coated myself in?

lottie63

Well done Mazzalou , thats a great result 🙂 x

lottie63

Humpff !! Ive only lost a pound ... started the week well swimming/exercising and eating good food but sort of went a bit off the rails last few days, oh well hey ho at least I lost a pound an didnt put any on , so far thats 6lbs since finishing rads 3rd sept so canr t be too disappointed , good luck for next week one and all 🙂

Janice x

Guest user
Not applicable

Cackles I have the same problem as you, having lunch out at least once a week with friends from work, and doing a lot of baking, comfort cooking and eating lol, but yes I agree it has to stop and soon before I have to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mazzalou, that's a great idea, I'm bigger thabefore a pre cancer, and dearly want to loose the extra me lol, I finish rads on the 10th October, so will join you on the Thursday 🙂 xx
Cackles

I did so well for two days then went to the boat with friends and ate far too many carbohydrates. However winter is now here so hopefully less gallivanting about . Ever since diagnosis I have been out for lunch at least once or twice a week. It must stop soon. The problem is I am greedy and love eating and cooking.
Onwards and upwards

vercors

Not a very good week, I put on a bit of weight not much, but enough to get the scales going the wrong way. In my defence, I had. A business trip and lways eat too much for breakfast in the hotel, plus Hungarian foodnis really greasy. I came back and spent all day Saturday drinking with friens...
Well done Mazzalou, keep going.

GMT
Volunteer
Volunteer

Sorry, forgot to say Well Done Mazzalou !!
Gaynor x

GMT
Volunteer
Volunteer

Well I'm the same as last Sunday but at least I've not put more on ! I was fairly good a few days but it went a bit pear shaped towards the weekend. Only finished rads Tues so wont be too hard on myself. I did manage a walk Sat and today but fitness levels are fairly dire. Don't hold out too much hope for this week either as going out for lunch Tues and away Wed and thurs on a girly spa thing!! If I stay the same I'll be quite pleased.
Goal for this week is to do at least 30 mins exercise a day, a walk or cycle (not sure I can manage 30 mins on my bike at the moment!).
Good luck everyone,
Gaynor x