Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Weighty Problem?

379 REPLIES 379
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: A Weighty Problem?

So glad I found this thread!! - the support of like-minded girlies will be such a help. I was going to Slimming World before mx of local recurrence of BC in January this year. Have now completed treatment & have opted for early retirement.

So....starting to get together a new plan for my days, which definitely includes more exercise and back to Slimming World. Suggestions for exercise would be helpful...(I already dance 2x a week and play badminton 2x a week, but with much reduced vigour with all the post-treatment aches, pains & stiffnesses...). Has anyone tried Pilates in the post-treatment stage?

xx Sal

Lozzarooney1

Hello lovelies did ya miss me?
Well ... I'm back... been back a week now... it seemed the weather has followed me home! Turkey was lovely once we eventually got there - an 11 hour delay at Gatwick in departures was not good and we had an hour delay coming home.

Did some trips... enjoyed the pool and the sea (like a bath!) and wasn't out in the sun too much ... so have plenty of white bits (too much info!) and some mottled looking bits ... eww! And yes Mazzalou the suncream sank into my pores and stayed there cos considering we went bed and breakfast I've put on what I lost 😞 boo hoo!!

So now back to reality... wish I could sleep but I'm wide awake and doing some OU coursework in readiness for my tutorial tomorrow... oh yes, I know how to live - NOT!

Good luck everyone with your weight loss - honestly with the amount of perspiring I've done these past weeks you'd have thought I'd melted it all off! As it is ... I have the fan going... hubby in bed... and I'm surrounded by OU books.

Will look in later... if I can find some matchsticks to keep my eyes open!

Love to all
Lozza xx
Trisha_51

Hi girls, can I join too. I'm on Anastrozole and have heard that one of the SE's can be weight gain, that's not good as I already had a load of weight to lose. I've been on the 5:2 diet for about 6 weeks now and have managed to lose 7 lbs so far. Not just doing it to lose weight but for the other health benefits it's supposed to bring.
Pat
Witchypoo

Can I join too please? I've been back at Slimming World since the beginning of April and lost 12lb - my hubbie started the same time and has lost just over 2 stone, ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm still on Herceptin so am blaming that for not losing weight faster - haven't resorted to taking out big Betty (my prosthesis) on weigh in night will save that for a special occasion lol x
Mazzalou

I think I shall banish my scales from the bathroom and hang my head in shame as we have just returned from a short break wining and dining in the Spanish sunshine - well it was toooo hot to sit out in it all day long sunbathing!
Happy holiday Lozza and you can always blame any weight-gain on the fact that your skin will have absorbed the copious amounts of sun-tan cream that you will be slapping on!!! It has happened to me!

vercors

The scales are moving in the wrong direction. I need to fix them This is no good.
lozza, enjoy Turkey.
Mags, welcome to the group.
Have a great week end everyone.

Lozzarooney1

Of course you can Mags! The more the merrier tho its been a tad quiet on here lately!!
Would like to say that I've lost the 2lbs I put on! Woop woop - tho am off to Turkey for my hols soon... so I expect I'll pile a shed load back on!!
in the meantime tho - would like to wish you all good luck!
hugs Lozza x 🙂
Mags2710

Hi all can i join as i need to start trying to get the weight of after treatment. I've lost a 1lb since i started trying to diet. Am back to work this week so don't know if the effert in that will help. x
Lozzarooney1

Haha Mazzalou - shaving legs won't work either I'm afraid ... unless you're super hairy!
however even a minuscule loss is better than a gain so well done for that! x
Mazzalou

All I can report is a really miniscule loss but wondering if it is because I had my hair cut on Friday! It really is desperate measures, I'm afraid so off to shave my legs!

Lozzarooney1

Ah ladies ... I hang my head in shame (*dons piggy mask!*) cos I've put 2lb on! Of course I know why ... and I was doing so well too! Oh well ... I only have myself to blame!
Onwards and upwards (but not in weight!) - we CAN do this!
Hugs to you all
Lozza xx ;o)
Mazzalou

I know the feeling Lottie as I seem to be in the same boat as you. Maybe we should all be weighing ourselves on Lozza's bathroom scales!
I have been doing the 2-day fast diet, but to no avail for too many weeks just lately. I must admit that I haven't heard of the 8 hour diet so I am very interested to find out how you fare on this one, and what the rules are. Only eating meals between an 8 hour slot though sounds difficult to stick to if you go to work as there are more than 8 hours from leaving home to managing to sit down for dinner that evening.
All offers of help on how to shift this stubborn weight please!
Mazzalou xxxx

lottie63

Well ladies I have started the 8 hour diet !! I have to try all angles as the rosemary conley one ddnt seem to do much , now before anyone says it I know I cant eat non stop for 8 hours !! So first meal is at 11.30 am which means no more food after 7.30pm which is when I munch in front of the tv ( fruit etc not sweets ) so this will need lots of willpower , hey ho poor hubby going to get some flack over the next few nights I can see 😞

Janice x

lottie63

Hi ladies
Not been updating as nothing to update !! I am stuck ... I cant seem to lose anything I have been at the same weight for the last few weeks regardless of how little I eat and how much exercise I do, its getting a bit ridiculas now tbh , Im going on holiday in 5 weeks and was really hoping to be below the 11st but I just cant get there, any ideas ?
I eat 3 x small meals a day no more than 1400 calories a day thats including milk allowance for tea and cereal if I have it I exercise daily walk the dog every morning and then 30 mins on wii and another evening walk with dog , its just not shifting and I just no Im going to really get the hump and gorge , any tips please please let me know
Well done all you losers, Lozza your doing brill

Love to all x

Mazzalou

4lb!!! Is there anything left of you Lozza? Whatever it is you are doing you must bottle it and send it to me ASAP as my bathhroom scales seem to be stuck on the same weight which is soooo soul-destroying.
Hope you are back to your old self soon as I feel so lonely here not losing weight. Is there anybody out there who can join me now that Lozza is becoming anorexic?!

Lozzarooney1

Hi ladies
couldnt sleep so thought I'd do my weigh in before I forget!
Lost 4lb! though to be fair I haven't felt too good this weekend so haven't felt the urge to pig out!
no doubt it'll all go back on next week! 😛
Hope everyone's ok... its been very quiet on here lately!
Hugs to you all
Lozza xx 🙂
Lozzarooney1

Aw Mazzalou - don't think I'll lose any this week ... have discovered plain digestive caramel biscuits and I can TASTE them!!! So nice ... but I may end up regretting it when I get on the scales on Monday!!
oh well ... once the packet has gone I won't buy any more!
have a great weekend everyone
hugs
Lozza xx
Mazzalou

Not just a tad but lots Lozza, although I have forgotten to weigh myself this week so will wait until the weekend. Mind you, it is soooo cold at the mo that I need my extra layer of blubber to help to keep me warm!

Lozzarooney1

Haha Mazzalou 😛 I think you might be a tad jealous lol! 😉 I've had another weight loss of 1.75 lbs!! It's obviously going back to work! Mind you I've napped on the sofa in the afternoons lol! goodness knows how I'll cope on full days next week!!
hope everyone else is doing well - sending some more positive vibes out there
Hugs Lozza xx 🙂
Mazzalou

So the forecast is wet and windy this weekend is it, Lozza? You really must stop eating those LAs then!
Have a great weekend to all you social butterflies who are rocking and even Les Miserables amongst you too!
xxx

vercors

Willpower lost between Oxford and London. I work from home but yesterday I had to go to the office and a colleague had bought a big box of Liquorice Allsorts. I did not have one, not two but ten. I told you I could not resist them. grr.
If cancer really feeds on sugar, bon appetit!
Well I had an enjoyable evening after that. Went to see We will rock you with my oldest to celebrate end of exams. Degree is over, finished. Just waiting for results now; which should be good. Can't wait for her to move back home. She will stay with us for a year while doing her masters.
Tonight I put on my chauffeur hat. Hubby dropped off for his school prom. Then drop off middle daughter for her school disco. Pick up son from Greek school, bring son to schoold disco. Supervise school disco for one hour. Go home for 1 1/2 hour; pick up son and daugher from school disco and then pick up hubby from school prom. bed time eta after 1!
I need some liquorice allsorts.

Lozzarooney1

Lottie - I didnt want to mention the wind lol!! Am thinking I maybe 'blew' the weight off!! 😉
well done on losing again tho ... dont knock lb weight loss tho... Better than a gain!

Vercors - glad it helped... Tho I'm staying away from LA ... addictive with sound effects lol! 😛

Am off to see Les Mis in London tomorrow so will definitely be a VERY naughty girl (just thought I'd make my excuses in advance!) as wet and windy weather is promised and I just know I'm going to need comfort food!! As well as a big box of tissues ... hmm perhaps those loo rolls can be put to good use after all!!

Good luck everyone - hope you're all losers this week (if you know what I mean lol!!!!) 🙂 🙂 🙂 xx
Mazzalou

Welcome back Lottie as long time no see, and we all know that yo-yo feeling as it seems to be a case of 1 step forward but 2 steps backwards
Getting over BC seems to be soooo much easier than losing weight so the more the merrier here to spur us on our way - we can do it!

lottie63

Well hello ladies ,
sorry for not updating recently but been so busy with one thing & another ! Lozza I tried the liqouroce allsort diet at the beginning of this thread and had the same outcome ( blush ) also with terrible wind .... too much information i know , well Ive lost another 2lb I seem to be able to lose about 1lb a week , which means I SHOULD be down to pre chemo weight by Early June but alas as i lose 2lb I sometimes put a 1lb back on grrrrrrr so its yo-yo all the way for me ho hum , lovely to see so many joining the thread

Love to all x

Mazzalou

Don't fight it Vercors and break open that packet of liquorice allsorts and you'll magic away 1.5 lbs just like Lozza. Mind you, you'll probably have to break open that BUMper pack of loo rolls too!

vercors

Thanks for the willpower Lozzarooney, I have had a couple of good days. Please don't talk about liquorice allsorts, I can't resist them. If I open a packet, I have to finish it in no time and I mean no time; so much so that they give me heart palpitations. I do need to keep away from them.
Come on willpower, stay with me...
good luck with the calories ladies.

Lozzarooney1

Haha Mazzalou I'd buy a BUMper pack of loo rolls at the same time if I were you!!! 😉
Lozza aka Trotsky! 😛
Mazzalou

There - what did I tell you about licorice allsorts Lozza - I rest my case!
Off to buy a giant bag all to myself!!!
Mazzalou aka Bertie Bassett

Lozzarooney1

Haha Mazzalou
Funny you should say that... don't think I'll ever eat a WHOLE bag again!! It definitely had a laxative effect!!
Vercors - am sending you some willpower - in fact there's enough for everyone!! Such a glorious day today!!
hope you all have good weight losses.
Lozza xx 🙂
Mazzalou

Well, ladies - our Lozza has discovered the secret to losing weight - LICORICE ALLSORTS! Mind you, licorice is also a laxative so if we eat enough of it then it will have not only the desired effect on the bathroom scales, but also an undesired effect on the loo!!!

samjs

I had been doing really well losing weight. Then I found out mum had BC, checked myself, found I have it too. This led to a downward spiral and last week when mum had her mx I just ate rubbish all week, can already tell I have put weight on. Back on it tomorrow. How I am looking forward to light Philidelphia and melba toast for lunch tomorrow!! As they say, no pain now gain!

SAm
Jayne_m

It is tough - I didn't lose any lat week, guess I have to face up to the harsh truth that 2 days of near fasting does not mean that I can spend the next five eating all the wrong things!! Weigh in again tomorrow but the bank hol has put paid to all my efforts, oops . I have to go to Dublin for work this week so again, fasting will be hard - oh well I will just have to try and be good, I so wish there was an easy way but if there was, we would be on this thread right?!?!

Hope you are enjoying the sun.

Jayne x
Kathleen289

Hi Please help need advise on how to lose weight tried a few diets nothing appears to be working . I am comming on 2 years since being diagnosed .wle chemo rads and now on Tamoxifen .Asked Doctor for advise all was told cut down food intake ,I watch what I eat but it's now greeting me down nothing fits .
kathleen 289
vercors

Well done Lozza. Well I am still stuck. All my fault, I don't make any efforts, still snacking and yesterday was Greek Easter... this is what happens when a Catholic marries an orthodox! Two Easter, twice as much food. It would be rude not to eat it. At least there is no chocolate wih Greek Easter. Jusst real eggs.
Can somoene help me find my willpower please?
Good luck with work Lozza.

Lozzarooney1

Hello lovelies!
well would you believe it... I've gone and lost another 1.5lbs!! And I have to confess (*blushes*) I demolished a bag of liquorice allsorts all by myself!!! Can't taste milk chocolate... am assuming its the tamoxifen?? also makes me feel sick when I wake up.
Anyway I digress ... I have been fairly good this week with a bit more exercise cos I'm back at work!!! Only mornings at the moment thank goodness ... am finding it a bit hard ... there's been loads of changes and more in the pipeline ... so not sure of anything now or even if I belong there anymore...
anyway - good luck with your weight losses - welcome Jayne!
Hugs
Lozza xx 🙂
Mazzalou

Congratualtion Jayne on your coming out - from behind the biscuit tin that is! Well done on a mega-3lb loss and fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Yes, you have a long old haul, but I will stick along with you so we are in this together - even if the rest of the crew are in purdah at the moment. Come on you lot - confess all!
xxx

Jayne_m

Ok, I will creep out from the biccy tin....

I started the 5:2 day diet a couple of weeks ago and am into my third week, I lost 3lb the first week and the second weigh in is tomorrow but I am not holding out too much hope as I took the 5 'non-diet' days a bit too literally this week and did indulge a bit too much!

I have 4 stone to lose so it will be a long haul - I only put about 1/2 a stone on during treatment which is a miracle as I normally pile weight on so easily, I can only assume it was the big reduction in wine drinking as it tasted so vile on chemo as I certainly didnt eat any less.

Jayne x
Mazzalou

Wowee! I'm not surprised that your 3lb loss has cheered you up although I am concerned that you may becoming anorexic, Lozza! What a week though - smear test and starting back to work - you are a glutton for punishment and sure know how to live!
I'm afraid that I have stayed the same this week, which only goes to show how strange it is when you lose a kilo one week and then the next week you stay the same when you have made just as much effort as the week before. Let's hope for better things next week as any loss is good for spurring us on. And on I must go as still some way to go before I am a skinny-minny!
Hope all goes well on Wednesday Lozza so let us know how you get on.
As for the rest of you lot who are lurking behind the biscuit tin - you can come out now and reveal all - success and failures!
xxx

Lozzarooney1

Hello ladies
Gosh its quiet on here!! Well after my bad week of putting 1lb on... weighed myself twice to find I'd lost 3lbs!!!!
My back still aches but not as badly as before thank goodness ... worst part of the day is getting up from a lying down position ... spasms horribly 😞 Still this loss has cheered me up no end... just as well really cos I've got to go have a smear today! Rubbish timings ... surely I couldn't be that unlucky... ? I shall be positive!!!
Did any of you ladies know that tamoxifen can affect your eyesight? I didn't - just as well I've just had my eyes tested then... apparently it'll be yearly testing for the moment.
i've got a chicken cooking in its juices in the slow cooker... smells divine and I'm determined to be GOOD this week! Start back at work on Wednesday mornings for half the month then full days - max of 4 and finally fulltime beginning of June! Am supplementing it with my holiday entitlement so should be fine. Am pleased but a tad nervous if I'm honest - feeling a bit like a new girl!!!
Good luck with your weight losses everyone - hope you all have a good week 🙂 xx
Lozzarooney1

Mazzalou that's wonderful news - am raising my cup of lemon and ginger tea to you - cheers my dear!!
oh and a kilo loss too - you know how to do things in style!!
so pleased for you on all accounts - well done!! 🙂
xx
Mazzalou

What have I been up to? Nothing that I haven't been doing these past few weeks although I have stepped up the exercise a bit and also trying really, really hard to make a bottle of wine last me and hubby for Saturday and Sunday dinners . I am trying the 2-day diet where you cut out carbs on these days and only eat protein.
I am really hoping that this week's loss is no one-off and even a one-pound loss each week will keep me happy.

lottie63

Mazzalou thats teriffic news, celebration a must s*d the calories , you are so right if you can beat bc then weight Pfft no problemo , wwell done on the kilo loss thats a good result what you been up too ? share the knowledge lol , What beautiful weather we have had this weekend lets hope it continues salads are so much more appetising when the weathers nice

Love to all x

Mazzalou

Whoop! Whoop! A red-letter week for me - Thursday 18th of April was my 2 year anniversary to remove my breast cancer, my 2nd mammogram results are clear and on Friday my wonderful breast surgeon and consultant said goodbye to me, so, other than an annual mammogram for the next 3 years, that's it!
And to top it all I have lost a whole kilo this week so my bum is a whole bag of sugar smaller! Not that it notices!!! Here's hoping that this is the start of my long slippery slope down the weight scales!
What a long way my family, friends and colleagues have travelled this past 2 years but with their love and support I have made it! If any one would like to read my account of 'My Journey through my breast care treatment and out the other side you can find it on this site with the following link:- http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/undergoing-treatment-breast-cancer/my-journey-th... And to all of you just starting out on your very own Journey I hope that you will find inspiration in my story.
All that remains now is to lose the rest of the weight that I don't want. Me thinks that this could be an even tougher journey, but, heigh-ho, if I can beat BC then I am sure that I can do it, so stick with me girls 'cos I need you help now!
Mazzalou xxx

Lozzarooney1

Hello lovelies 🙂
Welcome Buffy - I'm another awkward one who weighs herself on a Monday morning!!
Not sure what the weight loss will be this week - have been pretty good eating my homemade soups and have used my slow cooker loads but have had really bad backache every day this week and it seems to have gone to my chest cos it aches so not much moving around just lying around lol! Had forgotten (!) how wearing backache is ... not sure if its down to the tamoxifen either 😞 anyway I saw a different GP yesterday and he's given me some stronger cocodamol and told me I shouldn't be taking ibuprofen for my joint pain but paracetamol! Do wish these blooming Drs would make their flipping minds up!! Anyway had a chest and lumber X-ray just in case theres anything more sinister going on.
if anyone's got any tips for nausea that would be good too. Am in the wide awake club again too 😞
And you're never gonna believe this but I've gone off milk chocolate!!! Have always hated plain... but lately I've craved a bit of plain... milk chocolate doesn't taste of anything!! Now that's scary!!! 😉
Congrats on your lb loss Lottie 🙂
hugs to all
Lozza x
lottie63

Me too mazza Im sure we could get them with the trade descriptions you know pfft I was so hoping for a new body for my holidays x

Mazzalou

There's always one awkward one isn't there, Lottie?!!! Well done on this week's loss, and it really isn't about what the scales say as exercise should build muscle which is denser and heavier than fat so as you tone up your body will change shape too.
Hello Buffy3 and just to repeat what Lottie has told you, your stamina will return eventually so be easy on yourself to start with as 2 months post-chemo is still early days.
By the way, I keep going into the Body Shop to get myself a new body, but they only seem to sell toiletries and make-up - anybody else have this problem?

lottie63

Just a lb loss this week but its all going in the right direction, I have upped the exercise and even though the weight isnt dropping drastically my shape IS changing and certain clothes fit better so I dont think its all about what the scales say , hope you are all getting a little more motivated now we see the occasional bit of sun in the sky Welcome Buffy the more the merrier , Weigh in day is supposed to be sunday but I have my weight class on wednesday so I usually update thursday just to be awkward lol walking is really good after I finished chemo just a stroll was like wading through treacle now Im marching around the park !! My dog looks much slimmer pfft which some would rub off onto moi

Love to all x

Buffy3

Hi everyone, Can I join you please? This time last year I had been dieting for my up and coming wedding. Little did I know had had bc with sx in tbe bone!!! Anyway chemo now finished...two months ago...about to start letrazole on Friday. Am stable at mo and responded well to chemo plus all the additional food my body craved. Pies, croissants, super noodles, cheesy bread - all low fat food (not). Plus not moving hasnt helped much. Avoided the scales but have pug on about a stone and a half. So the two stone I lost last year have almost gone back on.
Have made a start with a healthy diet again (most of the time!) lots of green leafy veg, fruit, fish chicken etc and of course the odd doughnut...how can i stop and resist those naughty things. Have gone off alcohol and chocolate...tastes a bit odd 😞
Have also started walking and yoga to get my achy body moving again! Is there any particular weigh in day? I do need some motivation.
Good luck
Mel xx
vercors

I am no shaker but not a loser either; I am just stuck...
Should try harder!
Keep looooosing (pronounced the Bruce way)

Mazzalou

Oh Lozza
A severe case of piggyitis and your slimming world books in front of you - you haven't resorted to eating them have you?!! Good luck on Tuesday but try to make sure that your GP only signs you back on a phased return to ease you back into the daily grind of work slowly.
Only half-a-pound less of me this week but at least it is less and not more so onwards and downwards I hope! Wish I could get to the bottom a lot quicker though as not where I wanted to be weight-wise yet so you guys will have to spur me on!