A good book to read whether newly diagnosed or looking for advice on living with stage 4.

Here is a link to some free to read chapters of a very good, informative book now out of print.

It’s a guide to living with secondary breast cancer, it’s a kind book written by a woman, Musa Mayer, who had primary breast cancer and noticed there were no books or hardly any books for stage 4 women. It’s mostly women’s life stories and how they cope with secondary breast cancer. I have a copy of the book and have read and re-read it over the last ten years.

advancedbc.org/content/advanced-breast-cancer-guide-living-metastatic-disease

Hi Belinda

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks really interesting and helpful - and, let’s face it, we need all the help we can get! I just had a look on Amazon and there are a number of second hand copies available very cheaply (just ordered one as I’m a bit of a Luddite and prefer real books to screens).

Thanks again.

Della x

Hi,thank you Belinda,that’s really helpful.
Huge hug,Helen xxx

Glad you found it worth a read so far Helen. And I hope it’s been a worthwhile read Della.Treatment wise it’s out of date but so much of the book is about coping and managing life with secondary cancer. I think it’s a good book to have. And with all the clear headings and chapters well explained and laid out you can read the book in any order you choose and if you are feeling fragile or not ready to read some chapters there is no way you can suddenly stumble upon them.

x

Can you please give me the name of this book Thanks Tamron

Hello Tamron, it’s the ‘Advanced Breast Cancer Guide to Living with Metastatic Disease.’ The author is Musa Mayer.

If you haven’t already if you click on my link in my initial posting you can read various chapters of the book online for free. It’s an old book so there have been new treatments introduced since it was published but it’s very helpful (I’ve found) for advice for our day to day living with secondary breast cancer. Best Wishes.