cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good story for October

7 REPLIES 7
delly

Re: A good story for October

Marial - Thanks for your kind reply. And yes, I hope we ALL keep well to next year and beyond.

Where are you then - you mentioned not the UK?

Delly xx 

marial

Hi Delly, What a shame you have only just discovered the forums, but I'm sure you you will find plenty of support here. Even 9 years down the line, we still feel vunerable at times, and those around us who have not been through the same thing, cannot really understand. It's true we, from the Embarking group, are all rather crazy and our antics on the forums helped us though the thick and thin. I hope you will join me next year to celebrate your 10 years down the line.

xx

delly

Yey Maria, Mash and Dragonbunny,

I'm a 9 yearer following two mastectomies but only been on the forum 6 months or so.

Had a look at the "Embarkers" post today Maria, good stuff - well done you.

Dragonbunny -  I was interested to hear you mention "mindfulness", I'm interested to look into it myself. Help pick me out of a nasty hole at the mo'.

Yeh Margaret, it's difficult to put it to the back of your head and for it to stay there. Especially when it's often featured in almost every newspaper and mag you read. I don't worry everyday but there's still a seed of doubt when I get an odd pain or something. We never know do we. I should be making the most of everyday really but I've been very down from other stuff.

If you haven't done already, have a look at "Embarking on an adventure", Load of bonkers people - Maria started it a few years ago.

Love and Good Wishes to you all

Delly xx

marial

Hi Dragonbunny and Mash,
Lovely to hear from you, good luck with your biking, Dragonbunny.
So lets stay positive and make an appointment and meet here next year !
I hope the year treats you all well, and brings you happiness.
Marial
PS for those who wonder, this is my bc profile:
2003: bc in left breast, 2.5 cm and another 1cm, 0/7 nodes, invasive ductal, grade 3, hormone positive HER border line. Had mastectomy and chemo (4xEC), 5 years of tamoxyfen and arimidex for 1 year. 
2010: bc in the other breast. Mastectomy, grade 3, invasive ductal, 1.1 cm, sentinal node + 2 others negative, triple neg. FEC x3 tax x3

. No reconstructions.
I've got the BRCA1 mutation. so had an oophrectomy 14th Oct 2010. 

Mash

Hi Mariel

it was lovely to read your message. 

I am 2 1/2 years on from treatment. I worry everyday, so it was lovely to read your positive message .

I look forward to reading it again next October (please God)

Thanks 

Margaret

dragonbunny

Hi Marial

Thank you for your post. I think many will read it now and into the future and though they  may not reply will get comfort from good news posts.

When I was diagnosed in 2012 my first question to the consultant was 'Am I going to die?' I had no idae of grades and stages and was just told it could be 'one of two operations'. I was on my own and did not even ask - I think I was in a state of shock. I know I got great comfort from women who posted good news so thank you.

I am still here too! I had grade 2 stage 2, chemo/rads and now two and a half years years into letrozole..

Half way. Getting all the usual symptoms including dryness, joint pain etc. But I am still here and on a good day rejoicing! So far so good overall. I do have some down days - mainly because of usual life events alongside the cancer. I have learned many things on this road and made some changes for the good.  I have found mindfulness and tai chi  help me. I hope for continued 'no evidence of disesase' for all of us.

Just bought a bike. Gulp. Haven't ridden for nearly 40 years! Going to give it a try....

All the best

marial

bump

marial

A good story for October

When I was first diagnosed with bc in 2003, you all know what I went through, just like you it was hell and then hope, and hell and hope time and time again. Once I found the forums, one of the questions I wanted to ask was how long have I got, and searched to find people who was still around years later, but there were not any. Mainly because those who are living with Ned, leave the forums or come on less and les frequently. So I promised myself I would come back in October each year to let you know I am still here. When I had my 2nd diagnosis in 2010, I met some wonderful people on the forums, and they have been supporting me ever since. We are a group of 17 and meet up as often as we can, which is quite a feat as two of us do not live in the UK and the rest come for all over the country, but it shows what a strong bond we have. I hope you can all get the support I did.