cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little confused

3 REPLIES 3
Ann_R

Re: A little confused

many thanks ladies. This really helps. I guess I have to go back to doing what I was doing before - being grateful that I was a very lucky girl that did not need rads or chemo, instead of starting to question everything to do with anything in my world and worrying its wrong! The very best of luck with your test results and further treatment caz d. I will be cheering you on. xx
Carrie - all i know is that it was a grad two invasive lobular tumour (something else that I wonder about - as others seem to have lots more info!! LOL) Ok - so something else to ask medics about?
carrie35

I think no two cases are the same so we all get different options. Also depends where you live as some get chemo first, others after surgery. Some get offered chemo whatever the size and grade and other ones have different approach. I think you should put your faith in your medical team and be confident that thdo have sorted you out. You don't mention what type for cancer you had?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne, dont know that i can help you much with this but im waiting for my results following quadrantectomy and sentinel node biopsy and am expecting chemo and rad im 47
my mum had invasive lobular at 63 had a mastectomy lymph nodes clear her surgeon said he was happy she would need no further treatment the only reason he offered her radiotherapy was that her tumour was very close to the chest wall and he wanted to" stabalize the area "he told her that he was def airing on side of caution and had it been anywhere else in the breast the mastectomy would have been all she need
Maybe you could call the breast care nurse to discuss with her just to see their reasons xx caz
Ann_R

A little confused

Hi Everyone,
I was diagnosed with invasive lobular bc last September. I had a mastectomy and trap flam recon at the end of October.
The sentinal node biopsy came back clear and my surgeon said he was happy he had removed all of the tumour. He prescribed Letrozole and advised I did not need radiotherapy or Chemo. I was over the moon about this.
All in all I am doing well, but have had a few problems with tummy tightness and localised pain, also hair going thinner with the Letrozole. Bone density scan showed thinning of the bones so having the usual medication for that now! Since diagnosis I have visited this site many times and have usually found the answer I have been looking for and have gained strength and comfort from reading about others journeys.
However the more I read of the forum posts the more I am confused. Everyone else in similar situations seems to have had the follow up treatment of radiotherapy or chemo. I am wondering what is different in my case? Is it unusual or is it just that others like me haven't needed to post?
Look forward to hearing from you, and thanks for all the good advice that you give.
Ann