A miracle is all I ask for. Xxxxx

I pray for a miracle

Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m really sorry that you/your mum/your family are having this awful situation to deal with. I really wish I could wave a magic wand to make it all disappear for you - but I can’t, and maybe miracles happen in a way we’re not aware of or can understand.
You don’t mention if after her initial treatment two years ago (of chemotherapy and Radiotherapy), whether she was given medication to try and stop the cancer returning (such as Tamoxifen or Letrozole/Femera/Aromasin). If she didn’t, then it is possible that these or chemotherapy such as Capecitabine could still be an optiion. But of course, she would need to pull though her current problem and be strong enough to cope with these treatments (but these are unlikely to cure her, as secondary cancer is largely incurable). However, don’t give up hope because there are people on this forum who have pulled through from what seems hopeless situations, and have then received medication that enabled them to live for quite a while with secondaries in the liver, bone and lungs.
When you say she had BC two years ago but thankfully beat it, I’m guessing that you’re under the impression the secondary BC she has now is something new or separate from the original/primary BC ? If that is the case, it’s no wonder you are so disappointed - as you probably believed the horror of BC, was history. I don’t know if this will help, but I think most people on here will tell you it’s much more likely that the secondary BC she has now has either arisen from a recurrence of the original, or that she already had secondary BC when first diagnosed, which was undetectable at the time, because the cells in her blood had not yet formed into metastases. I know this may sound like a moot point, but at least this provides you with the comfort of knowing that if your Mum believed she had beaten BC, she at least has had two years without nagging worry.
Anyway, if it’s alright with you I will say a prayer that she will pull through her current problem, and become fit enough to deal with treatment, and that if she has this treatment it will give her a long time to spend with her loving family.

Hi Shelinadave and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read that you are going through such a difficult time with your Mum’s illness, in addition to the support you have here please feel free to call our helpliners for further support/information and a listening ear. Lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy

I will pray for a miracle too. Remember God does not give us the Cancer our bodies grow it. Wrap your loving arms around your Mum and enjoy every second with her, she must know how much you love her. Sending you big hugs Tracy xxx

How are you all doing ? Let us know how your Mum is and what is her name so we can hold her in our thoughts.
Love Tracy xxx

Thinking of you Shelindave , and your four other siblings . How are you all ? Tracy xxx

I am thinking of you, your siblings and your mum. Hope everything is well with you all at he present. And hope your mum is getting strong enough for other treatment. She is lucky to have you and your love. This is important and to enjoy every day with her. I know this because after 20 yrs free, mine has come back. And my family are such loving kids and keep me going. Try to be positive and fight with her. Sending hugs to you all.

Christine xxx