A rant

A rant

A rant I just need a moan. I know that there are obviously people on this site who are in a worse position than me, but I’m fed up.

Last November I had a ?abcess, ?cyst thing just behind my nipple, that was diagnosed by 4 doctors as something different. I was put on Tremacet for the pain and antibiotics once it had swollen to 8cm. When I went to get it drained, I was told nope, we’re not going to drain it, it wouldn’t be worth it.

So I put up with the pain and waited… and waited for the lump to go. In January some yucky, smelly pus came out of my nipple and I thought that might be the end of it. The swelling was back within the week. This time I’d swapped doctors surgeries and told them I had an abcess and would need antibiotics. The practice nurse agreed and put me on antibiotics and told me to come and see my GP the week after for a full breast examination. Which I did, the GP said it wasn’t an abcess, but an infected cyst, referred me to the breast clinic for a biopsy.

A week and a half later (Monday this week) I went for my biopsy. At first they weren’t going to do a biopsy, just drain what they could off, but when they went in with the needle there was nothing there, just a solid lump. So she did a biopsy after all. Yes, it was painful, but not too bad once she had finished. Certainly no worse than it had been between November and last time it flared up.

But yesterday I woke up in the early hours of the morning in absolute agony. I took some tramacet, but these didn’t touch the pain. Eventually I got back to sleep, but it was very disturbed. I tried to ring the doctors to get an appointment with no joy. Because of how much it hurt I just couldn’t wait until the afternoon to see if any appointments were available, so off I went to A+E. They did tests for infections and did all they could, I came away with an appointment at the breast clinic on Tuesday, a box of paracetamols and was told it was normal. So I’m still in agony, with a lovely lump, that was smaller than a pea on Monday, is now bigger than a golf ball in my breast, fast approaching tennis ball size.

I’m sick of being in pain, sick of being looked at like I’m whinging and taking up valuable time, sick of not being able to go to the gym, or out for run, or run around with my kids, or be intimate with my husband without being in agony.

Helpline Hi chickenchargrill

It sounds like you are goinig through a really tough time struggling with the pain in your breast.

You may find it helpful to talk to someone in confidence about what you are experiencing and how you are feeling, please feel free to phone our helpline on 0808 800 6000. This is open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm and Saturday, 9am - 2pm.

Hope you find these services of help. Do keep posting on the forums as I am sure you will also find support here.

Kind regards.

Online Host

Thanks I may well use that helpline tomorrow. At the moment I’m trying to get an appointment with th eout of hours GP as now in pain under my armpit.

Hi chickenchargrill

I have only just seen your post and I wondered how you were getting on? Have you found out what’s going on yet? I assume you must have had or be due your biopsy results back? I hope they were ok?

Pleae let us now how you are getting along, I hope you are feeling a little better now.

Lynn x