Just found this, lovely poem, love it, all the phrases are so true . thank you for posting xx
I have just joined this chat room today and I am finding my way around it... I found your comment Magda amazing as I feel like that too.....Brilliant for sharing you true feelings.......Joy...
So true. Xx
Magda, agree with your sentiments and all the comments that followed. x
Congratulations!!! I think that many women find their story in here....Touching and real!
so very true!
– Women with metastatic cancer are the strongest women I know
by Kaiulani Facciani
• They dare to hope when the whitecoats would take it all away.
• They endure the misunderstanding of the diagnosis by others who are well-meaning, but misinformed.
• They swallow their fear and put on a brave face for others.
• They process their anger because it serves no one.
• They struggle with loneliness because no matter how many love them and are there for them
… it is a road they walk alone.
• They focus on the good that is in their life because nothing is accomplished by focusing on the bad.
• They fight the demon with everything they’ve got.
• They crawl their way through excruciating, humbling, and humiliating treatments.
• They patiently ride the seemingly interminable roller coaster of good news…
… no, wait, its bad news
… well, it’s not so bad
… sorry, it’s worse than we thought
… aaaah, we’re all gonna die!
• They try their darnedest to retain their sense of femininity in the face of de-womanizing symptoms and side effects.
• They resist regret because that’s a stupid emotion but keeps trying to barge in.
• They can’t help feeling like a failure even though it defies logic.
• They rail against despair because cancer feeds on negativity and who wants to feed the little **bleep**er anyway?
And through it all… they go to work, they take care of their loved ones, and continue to give to others.
To all my metastatic sisters… I salute you!
And I send you a big hug and wet, sloppy smoochy to brighten your day!
This post has no tag