cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A week to getting results

14 REPLIES 14
cath4512

Re: A week to getting results

I got my results last week 10th June. I have DCIS with microinvasions. I am having a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction & a SNB at the same time. Am in shock.
Godd luck to all of you still waiting xxx
Yvonney1

Hi all,
I am waiting for results of my stereotactic biopsy carried out today and have been called back for my review appointment this Thursday so hopefully I am lucky!!! I have had previous surgery (Wide Local Excision) three years ago and two clear mammogramms. This Mammogram/biopsy was really painful prior to the freezing part of it. Should it be that painful or is it because Ive had previous surgery?? Good luck to all of you waiting like me. It has such an impact on everything......
Waiting.............
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies, Im in the same boat as you, had mammo, scan and 3 biopsies done on Thursday 6th, should be getting results this Thursday so fingers crossed its good news for all...

thinking of you and sending positive vibes!! Xx
Bee x
Guest user
Not applicable

Its a week 2moro since my biopsy, and all I have done is worry myself sick!!!! My boob is still so sore and swollen, the bruise is massive. Just want to know the results, the waiting is driving me up the wall...

Jan x
poemsgalore

Hi, I'd just like to say that one week is about average, unless your hospital has the fast track system. Mine doesn't, and I had to wait a week for results of mammogram and biopsy, the 3 weeks for the results of my surgery. It is hard not to worry, so I do sympathise with you all.
Sending you big hugs and love to help you through.

Poemsgalore xx
cath4512

I was recalled for second stage screening on 30/5/13. I had a second mammogram, ultrasound & biopsy. I get my results tomorrow, 10/6/13.
They saw a 58mm suspicious cluster of calcifications. Will be so pleasd when I know the results in the morning.
It has been a long 10 days in which I have gone from optomistic to pessamistic & back again.
Good luck to you all xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi emms,

I had the same thing ultrasound biopsy, but the day of the biopsy they made me an appointment to come back the following week For the results. I cannot believe they are making you wait 3 weeks. I would call your doctor as they might have been sent your results. Also if you do have to wait, take a friend with you. Friends are sometimes better than family. I hope it's good news!
Morwenna

It's true, the waiting is the hardest thing. I'm in Canada and had to wait a week for my results, which were sent to my GP. I think I spent that week in blissful denial because I was actually not that worried. I had had cysts before , you see ......

After I saw him he said he had referred me to the Breast clinic, and advised me to contact them for an appointment. He actually said "go there and stand at the front desk and don't leave until they give you one!" He read me the biopsy results, but couldn't really tell me much.

I did as he said, but felt a bit daft doing it, but all they could tell me was they had received my referral while was in a pile waiting to be triaged, and they hadn't got to it yet! So I said OK, and meekly walked away! To be fair I think they called me later that day with an appointment for the following week.

For me, the hardest wait was between breast clinic appt and surgery as they couldn't give me a date, and I was told it could be 5-6 weeks. In the end I went back to the GP and had a melt down in his office, so he offered me meds to help me through the anxiety/lack of sleep, but actually I got my date shortly after, and immediately felt calmer!
Jo_BCC

Hi Emms,

If you don't want to use the freefone helpline then you there's the Ask the Nurse email service available to you here's the link for more information.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/ask-nurse

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

dib

Hi ladies,its awful that you are having to wait so long for your results.When I had my biopsy in Aug 2010 I had the results 3 days later,which was more than long enough for me,its unfair and I would continue to chase them up if I were you,good luck,I hope its good news,
Di.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Lucy - is there a landline number for the help line? 08 numbers cost a fortune so I can't afford to call from my mobile and I don't hvae a land line at home.
Jan and Kaz - fingers crossed for you both.
Lucy_BCC

Hi Emms and welcome to the BCC forums

Please feel free along with Kaz and Jan to call our helpline for further support and to talk through your queries and concerns, lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I know how you are feeling, and I am new to this so I really dont know....Its been 4days since I had my mammogramme, ultra sound and needle...Still in alot of pain, and very swollen and sore.
I have my fingers crossed for you, hope its good news...x

Jan
Guest user
Not applicable

I had a biopsy today have a 13mm lump and another small one unconnected next to it. I am sick with worry and cant imagine how the next week is going to be. I cant eat and am preparing myself for the worst news next week. How do you get through it?
Guest user
Not applicable

A week to getting results

Hi, Just wondered if anyone has any experience of getting the all clear via the post? I had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy 2 weeks ago. When I rang to chase them up the woman I spoke to suggested that if they came back negative they might just write to me saying it was clear and they didn't need to see me but then sort of back tracked a little as though she shouldn't have said that. Now I've been sent an appointment for next week and I'm convinced this means it's bad news for me. How on earth do you manage to get through a week of this kind of anxiety. Statisically speaking I'm young for breast cancer but not so young that it's not a possible outcome and I'm terrified. I live on my own, I'm not close to my family, and there's no one I can really talk to about this. What helped you cope with the wait and being told the news? Has anyone had the all clear and were called back to the hospital to get the results still?