A whole week and a bit!

Having waited two weeks for the initial referral, then another week and a half for the biopsy results, then a few days for the MRI I now find myself in the happy position of having just over a week off before any other appointments. Just going to use this time to forget about having bc and be a normal person for the first time in about a month. Does anyone else do this? Just live life between appointments and not think beyond the next appointment. Next Friday I will find out if it is one boob or two and just what it is up to in there…then I will have a few days to a couple of weeks before surgery to be a normal person again. I cope with it all by dividing everything up 

Brill!  sounds very sensible Zena & good to get into this mindset.  

Goodness knows there is enough anxiety when going through this as it is, so by parking it, getting on with other things & taking it a stage at a time can help. I do remember feeling calmer when at this stage, by not thinking beyond the next appointment & telling myself I’ll deal with whatever it is, when I know what it is I have to deal with. 

ann x

Zenawarroir, that’s a really good attitude to have because although we have BC it doesnt define who we are.  I find I crave normality and a rest from it all so good for you. Xx