Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE tumour marker

18 REPLIES 18
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: ACE tumour marker

That must be right then, mine surgeon doesnt speak very good English so yesterday i thought i better show willing and spoke French to himi didnt understand all he said but what i didnt he said in English.When he said all cancers mabye he meant other. But anyway now we know it is for cancer apart from breast. It supposed to be less than 5 so yours is better than mine.

peacock

My Onc said the ACE was for glandular cancers like thyroid etc.

My result was 0.7 I don't know if this is good?

See my other post under treatment "despondent"...........

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just back from seeing him. Swoon swoon. I actually think he came onto me! he said if i want just to go and see him every 6 months or whenener i like instead of the onc!!! anyway, i am a happly married woman thank you.lol
I asked him about ACE, he said CA 15.3 was a test for breast cancer and ACE was a test for all cancers.

peacock

cheers for that Pineapple, give the sexy surgeon a tch tch from me (kiss kiss) cos mine is not so sexy!

We can compare notes tomorrow, cos I go for 6th tax.

CONGRATULATIONS! Have a drink to celebrate.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Peacock
My blood test just arrived in the post. I ripped it open before i got to the top and step and yipeeeee
CA 15.3 down from 10.1 to 8.9
ACE down from 1.2 to 1.0 next to it it says should be less than 5.
I see sexy surgeon tomorrow and will ask him what the ACE is for.

Guest user
Not applicable

The only time i have ACE tests done is when i am seeing the surgeon for my regular checks but not when its the onc.

peacock

hello fellow expats, thanks for researching this.

I've checked back through all my lab tests and have not been checked before for ACE.

I'm at the hospital next week so I will ask as well, when I have blood tests done via my GP I always get a copy of the results but not when done at the hospital, so I guess I'll have to wait.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

just found this too.

Normal results

Normal ranges for this test are laboratory-specific but can range from 8-57 U/ml for patients over 20 years of age.
Abnormal results

Serum ACE levels are elevated in approximately 80-90% of patients with active sarcoidosis. Thyroid hormone may have an effect on ACE activity, as hypothyroid (low thyroid) patients, as well as patients with anorexia nervosa with associated findings of hypothyroidism, may have low serum ACE activity. ACE can also be decreased in lung cancer (bronchogenic carcinoma).
Key Terms

Sarcoidosis
Sarcoidosis is a rare disease of unknown cause in which inflammation occurs in lymph nodes and other tissues throughout the body, usually the lungs, skin, liver, and eyes.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Been silently following this one and have just dug up a previous blood test....

''Antigene Carcino-Embryonnaire'' - could this be the same? On my bit of paper less than 5ug/l for non-smokers (10 for smokers) seems to be OK.

Hoping everyone's results are good...

S

Guest user
Not applicable

I have just found this on the net but non the wiser. I will ask him next week.

This is a blood test that measures the amount of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE).

Guest user
Not applicable

Not sure, if i have time to look later today i will report back, but i will know next week as i have my dreaded 6 monthly blood tetsts, mam, scan and then off to see my georgous surgeon the following day. God, i am dreading next week -just fills you with dread.

peacock

Thanks Pineapple, do you have any idea what the normal ranges should be (just to give me something else to worry about)

Guest user
Not applicable

Probly something they only test for in France.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi i also get ACE test once a year when i see the sexy surgeon.
As far as i am aware its a hormone test.

belinda

Hi again peacock..I really don't understand the Ace test..hope you get the results soon..waiting is the worst part I think..I hope all will be well for you...x

peacock

Hi Belinda

Yes I had looked already at that website and found the ACE test. I'm confused though because is the disease a form of cancer? The test is for sarcoidosis.

CaVa, I may have got it wrong - in any case I got the CA bit wrong as it was the CA15-3 tumour marker they took, and not for CA-125 as I mentioned. I'm pretty sure he did say it was ACE, but there may have been some confusion as he spoke French when he told me.

Oh well, I suppose I will just have to wait for the results!

thanks all

belinda

Hi there..I've had tumour markers taken for several years now. I'm in the UK and have CA15-3 (breast cancer) markers taken...The CA-125 marker is usually for ovarian cancer..this website might help explain the various markers, just click on 'tests' and CA-125, CEA. ACE and CA15-3 are all on there...I'll break up the address in case the moderator doesn't allow it but it's all the w's dot labtestsonline dot org dot uk.
Best Wishes...xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi peacock.

I tried to look up the ACE test in my Norwegian blood test info, but found nothing of interest. But with all due respect, are you sure you have the letters right?

There is a tumour marker called CEA which among other things is used to monitor possible bc mets. My medical English is not good enough for me to translate all the info on the website. But if you look up CEA , maybe you will find some useful info.

All the best,

cava

peacock

ACE tumour marker

I've just had a blood test for tumour markers, one was CA125-3 and the other I was told was for ACE.

I've tried to find out about this ACE test but can only find information that relates to a test for ovarian cancer.

Is this right, I'd appreciate if anyone knows the answer

many thanks

xxx