Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

168 REPLIES 168
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

Hi Jackie
Sorry you have had to 'join the club', but welcome to the forum: I am quite new to it myself but finding it very helpful, especially this local thread. I am due to start on Epi/CMF on Monday after a failed attempt at TAC chemo (allergic reaction): how have you got on with it?
Will have to be more careful about getting out and about when white blood cells are low in future, though I thought I was being: though not having had the full treatment last time they didn't give me the precautionary antibiotics or booster injections, so that may have been a factor?
Hair is stubbornly trying to grow back in patches, mustn't all have been quite ready, so am still shaving head! Hopefully the next chemo will finish it off and I won't have to bother with it any more.
Hope everyone has had a good Easter and is getting along well
All the best
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi, im from biddulph, diagnosed in december just doing my chemo, half way through epi/cmf, I am 48 and have a 17 year old daughterwho has been great how are you doing ?

Guest user
Not applicable

HiKaren

Sorry to read about the neutropenia.It always seems to happen to me at the weekend. It's not good enough though that you were left for an hour before being seen. The "red card" is given so that you are able to queue jump and I can honestly say that I have never waited that long. I understand that once the new oncology ward is open at the City General patients at risk will be referred directly to the ward and so avoid the horrid process of having to go to A & E first. Are you in contact with the Oncology cancer team (Debbie, Sharron and can't remember the others?)They are contacted via your out of hours district nurses number and you ask them to get one of the girls to ring you.They are lovely and they will not be happy that you were left waiting for so long.
An alternative to remember is if you feel as though you are going neurtropenic during the day just go to the pathe lab and show your red card and they will take your bloods immediately.

Anyway hope you are feeling better now, sorry about the hair loss, I did exactly the same when mine started to come out in clumps but to be honest, although I hate having no hair I don't think I could be bothered with washing,blow drying etc whilst dealing with the effects of chemo.
Have a lovely Easter
Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone
Sorry it has been a while since I checked in: it has been an interesting few days! Started with a bit of a sniffle last week and temperature started going up Friday evening, so rang ward 1 for advice as instructed, though I felt fine. Went up to A & E for blood test, flashed red 'Neutropenic Sepsis' card at reception, then sat and waited an hour next to a woman vomiting (!), before I was seen.
Turns out I was neutropenic, so they rejigged the ward to make room and admitted me there at 1am Saturday. I imagine some of you have done this, and those that haven't will have read or heard about it, so I won't bore you with the details: antibiotics through a drip, white blood cell boosting injections, you get the idea... They did the job anyway, and were happy enough with my little white cells to let me out on Sunday afternoon with huge antibiotic tablets.
By this time hair loss definitely seemed to have started, a few at a time(no itching to speak of though) and continued steadily, until yesterday afternoon it was coming out in tufts rather than combfuls. So I decided the time had come, and pulled out as much as was ready (which turned out to be most of it) before shaving what was left.
To my surprise I felt okay about the whole thing and actually quite like it: I went out in one of my wigs this morning, but will probably wear a bandana round the house most of the time, or nothing. Did 'go naked' up the back yard with some recycling, but no neighbours were around!
So there we are, it has happened, even on half a dose of chemo: it didn't hurt, won't have to do it again, and it will grow back.
Good to hear you are back at work Erin: I think it'll be October before I am! Happy Birthday for next week!
Wishing you all a happy hopeful Easter weekend
Love to all
Karen xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

I hope is going ok and Barbara I hope the chemo isn't too too bad!

I went back to work 5 weeks ago so I've been very tired but happy to be out and about again and next week is my 25th birthday so I'm very excited about that!

Would be lovely to meet up soon when everyone is well enough

Erin xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol

having dose 10 tomorrow and so because of Easter I will have ten days between the final two. Should finish on Friday 24th April if there are no problems with bloods. Think I might have to have another blood transfusion soon,I had one on the 12th March and for a couple of weeks my Hb was 12 which is great but it didn't last and today my Hb was only 9.7. It's not a problem but you are at the hospital all day cuz it takes 4 hours to give one unit.
On the subject of your mammogram,If you are sent for under the "50 and over scheme" they normally write to you within a couple of weeks with the results. I had a mastectomy and so they only check to see if any spread into left breast.I assume you want to know if everything is ok in you cancer boob? Do you have a review before your chemo? if so mention it then and ask how long it will be.
Good luck Hopefully we can meet up once I have some energy!
Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing ok.

Karen, sorry to hear that your 1st chemo didn't go well. Hopefully you'll fare better with the epi/cmf regime. Let us know how you get on. You sound really upbeat & cheerful. Long may that continue for you. As you say, a bit of sunshine makes all the difference.

Barbara, hope you are still doing ok on the chemo. You must be nearly at the end of it now? I've just got 3 herceptins left then a 6 week break before I start on lapatanib.
Can I ask you a question please? I've got a mammogram next week which I wasn't expecting even though it's almost a year since my diagnosis.I thought they would have left it until I'd finished treatment.
Anyway, what's bothering me is if I have to wait a few days or even weeks for the results. Do they tell you there & then do you know or do you have to wait to see your consultant? It will drive me mad not knowing. Sorry to go on but I thought you might know. Thanks

Oatcake, how are you doing? I haven't seen you posting on here for a while. Perhaps we can meet up again once Barbara has finished her chemo and is feeling up to it.

Take care all and enjoy the weather while it lasts X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Barbara
I have been told 4 doses of Epi at 3-week intervals, followed by 4 cycles of the CMF cocktail, which sounds like it is going to take an awful long time! With the radiotherapy afterwards it may take till the end of the year, and that's with no hold-ups for low blood counts or anything.
I had Docorubicin last week with no problems along with the cyclophoshamide before things all went pear-shaped, so the Epi should be okay for me: so I have already had the 'red wee, flush twice' experience.
I'm not sure at this stage exactly how the CMF part will work, seems there are a few possible variations, but not worrying too much about that bit yet: will find out more when I go on the 20th.
Happy April to you all! The rest of the week looks good weather-wise, so hopefully we will be able to get out and about a bit: sunshine certainly lifts the spirits.
Take care all
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi karen

Pleased to hear that they have decided on a new treatment regime for you. I had the Epirubicin as part of the FEC ( don't be alarmed when you go for a wee afterwards and it is red!!!they will advise you to flush the toilet twice to get rid of the toxins) It should be kinder to you body so I hope that you are able to tolerate it. Are you having 6 doses, one every three weeks?
Let us know how you go on
Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
Back from hospital: they have decided to scrap the TAC regime for me and go with Epi-CMF instead, starting on April 20th all being well. So that is a relief: I was a bit worried about having to try the Taxotere again after the reaction last time.
Just got to wait around nearly 3 weeks now before we get going again, which is frustrating, but can't be helped: at least my white blood cells should surely be back up to scratch by then!
Hope you are all having a good day: take care
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Barbara
Thanks for the advice: I had a letter yesterday to say I have an appointment on Tuesday morning, so will hopefully find out more then. I am assuming it will be with the registrar as the doctor is away.
My understanding is that as I had a lot of lymph node involvement, in the neck as well as under the arm, it needs a good hard hammering now to kill off anything that might be still lurking in the system that could take root and cause problems in future, so I guess that is why they have gone straight for the 'big guns'.
Unfortunately it clearly didn't agree with me, so just have to wait and see what they decide to do with me: if it means trying the Taxotere again very slowly and staying in hospital overnight, so be it, I'll give it a shot.
Side-effects wise I have avoided the dreaded sickness thank goodness, but have given up trying to fight feeling rough and made a tactical withdrawal to bed for a lot of the time: I will know better for next time when I get a full dose of whatever.
Best wishes to you all
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Karen

Sorry you had such an horrendous time with your first chemo but the girls are very good and it sounds as though they acted promptly to get you back on track. I am no expert on chemos but the usual "lines" are to give anthracyclines first to see if they do the trick and then move onto the taxanes as a second line of treatment when and if they fail but obviously Dr al N had mixed the two together. Taxotere is a very hard chemo for some people to deal with and it can have some nasty side effects but it does work. I have to say I don't know of anyone who has had it as part of a combo. Did Dr al N explain to you why he was giving you this? I am having weekly Taxol which is part of the taxanes as unfortunately FEC didn't work for me (Apparently I am anthracycline resistant so I am hoping that this one works for a while for me) I am under Dr Brunt so have no idea of how patient friendly Dr N is but I always go to see him with a list of questions and he always answers and explains everything in detail.
FEC is every three weeks (usually 6 doses) and apart from feeling very sick about 5 hours after treatment I dealt with it quite well so if that is your next option I hope you go on ok
Good luck Barbara

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, just to let you know how I went on with my first chemo yesterday: didn't quite go according to plan, had the first two drugs ok (cyclophosphamide and doxorubicin), but they then checked my blood pressure and found it a little low, so decided to give me the Taxotere at a reduced rate, over 2 hours instead of one.
Good job they did, as 20ml into the 250ml dose I had an allergic reaction and I apparently turned bright red as my blood pressure jumped up, so they stopped the treatment, gave me oxygen, hydrocortisone and piriton and several bags of saline over a couple of hours till I was deemed fit to go home.
So a bit of a false start: they took back most of the drugs I'd been prescribed to take home (they were all the ones you mentioned Barbara, they were just using their other names so I didn't recognise them), so I just have the anti-sickness ones for now.
I am hoping to hear from the nurse on the ward today after she has spoken to the oncologist's secretary for an appointment for a treatment review: trouble is, Dr Al-Naimi is off for a fortnight, so if he prefers to deal with me himself rather than letting me see his registrar in the meantime I will have to wait till he's back before we know what will happen next. Then it will be Easter, so I could be looking at 20th April before my next treatment, whatever they decide it's to be.
As I understand it, the options are either to 're-challenge' me with the Taxotere, maybe over 4 hours, or scrap the whole regime and start from scratch with a different set of drugs altogether, possibly FEC? We will see...
Sorry to ramble on for so long: has anyone else experienced anything like this? The staff on the ward were all great, really helpful, so apart from the reaction it was on the whole a good experience, just a bit frustrating I couldn't have the whole treatment, but at least it is another small step closer, and no ill-effects to speak of yet, though it is early days so I am on the alert.
Hope you are all feeling okay at the moment: chins up girls!
All the best
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for your advice on the drugs Barbara, glad you are seeing some positive results from your treatment: I don't recognise any of the names you mention besides the Ondansetron, but I'll find out all about it tomorrow.
I waited an hour at the hospital pharmacy on Friday 'cos they were going to give me everything on my list to take home with me, instead of just the Dexamethasone! When I expressed surprise at being given a carrier-bag full instead of just one little bottle, they rang ward 2 to check, and eventually decided they had better keep the rest to send to the ward on Monday...
Feel I am finally getting somewhere now I have started the Dexamethasone this morning, was getting a bit frustrated as it has been over 8 weeks now since my surgery, so bring it on!
Best wishes to you all
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Karen

Sorry you only had a visit rather than your chemo last week but good luck for Monday. The chemo staff are great and you will be well taken care of.At your first treament the nurse will go through the medication you have been prescribed and explain what it is for. you will probably have 1)Domperidone for sickness,2) Ondansetron which you know about,3) Metaclopromide which is an injection that has to be given by district nursing staff if you are sick once you get home and 4)Lenegrastim which is also an injection given by your district nurse for either 3 or 5 days to help your white cells to recover and prevent you from going neutropenic. I aalso had to take Ibuprofen for three days after chemo but I think this might depend on which chemo you have because I am not taking them this time

Carol - I am doing ok thanks I have now had 8 doses and have four more to go. I had a scan last week and it shows a slight reduction in the size of the tumours in my liver which is good news. Afterwards I will start on Faslodex which is a new hormonal drug and I hope that I get a better response from that than I did from the Arimidex or Exemestane otherwise it is back to the chemo. Sorry to read your veins are not co-operating but I hope you are doing ok otherwise. Had a text from Oatcake about meeting up but want to leave it until after the chemo so it will probably be May time

Hope everyone else is going on ok.

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hmph! So much for starting chemo today! Appointment turned out to be just a quick chat with doctor and steroid prescription (Dexamethasone) for 3 days around treatment. So I actually start the chemo on Monday now.
Maybe I am not asking enough questions and making too many assumptions, but I was all geared up for it starting today. Still, it was useful in the sense of seeing the unit and listening to people in the waiting room, so I have a better idea of what to expect on Monday.
Think I'll need one of those pill organiser boxes for when I get all the meds: I wish I'd had the presence of mind to note down all the stuff on the list, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I did recognise Ondansetron, as sickness is the potential side-effect I'm most concerned about, but am curious to know what the rest are for.
Hope everyone is getting on okay with whatever stage you may be at,
Take care
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all 🙂

Hope its ok to join. I am 39 and after first diog at 34 and lumpectomy, its now back for a 2nd go, just 12 weeks after my last tamoxifen at new year and me toasting the end to that part of my life. I had surgery last week and am back to hospital Thus for treatment plan which will include chemo. I had Zolodex last time so kept my lovley long locks - terrified this time is not the word.

Would love to hear from any of you and maybe support each other to beat this thing -

Jo x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Karen,

Sorry that you've had to join us but welcome anyway!
I'm 46 so just a bit older than you and had WLE & axillary clearance in April/May last year. I did 8 cycles of chemo, 23 rads and am now on daily tamoxifen & weekly herceptin (allto trial).
It's been a long road but the time has gone really quickly and I'm sure it will for you too. If you ever feel like having a rant there's always someone on here who understands how you feel so please feel free. Best of luck with your 1st chemo on Friday. Don't forget to let us know how it went.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

How's your treatment going Barbara? Hope it's not manking you feel too yucky!! How many more have you got left?

Erin, how are your veins holding up with the weekly herceptin? Mine have not been playing ball for the last couple of treatments. Feel like a pin cushion again but never mind, I'm more than halfway there now.

Take care all and keep smiling
Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Stokies!
I'm new here, just make it into the 'younger' category (age 43), but am pleased to have found a local thread. Everything has happened so quickly for me: went to GP to have lump checked out on Christmas Eve, WLE and axilliary clearance 22nd Jan, start TAC chemo this Friday (20th March).
Will be checking in on here whenever I can, so would love to hear from anyone in the area.
Best wishes
Karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi lipgloss

Nice to see you posting again. Are you sure that Dr Brunt has suggested a hysterectomy and not an oopherectomy? This is a much less invasive treatment in which the overies are zapped and this brings on a premature menopause. I understand that this is the usual procedure offered to young women.

Hope everything goes well for you

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to everyone
So sorry i have not been in touch but ive had no internet up untill yesterday We moved house after christmas plus the chemo and the radiothearopy Must say though ive missed talking to you all has done my head havin no one to talk to whom understands wat we r all going through.treatment has finished now on tamoxifen when i went see dr brunt i was told that i had got to have hysteractomy has my cancer is hormonal and more chance of coming back so im back up the hospital next thursday im on tomoxifen untill i have had the operation would love to meet up with you all im really having a tough time at the moment worried about results and has the tretment worked hope you are all doing ok lots of love
patsy
xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sorry to hear your hair has gone again Barbara - must be really upsetting. Mine had developed into typical mad chemo curl, so had proper hair cut last Friday to try to make it look like a real(ish) style. I'm half way through radiotherapy now and all is well. In fact I feel like I'm beginning to regain my inner strength at last. I started Tamoxifen 10 days ago too and so far no s/e. Am starting to think about returning to work ... but really want a holiday first!

Big hugs, Shelagh xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all,

I'm new to this thread - hope you don't mind me joining in. I live in Leek, so close to Stoke (and Jayne in Cheadle), but travel to Manchester for my treatment. I've completed chemo and had a mastectomy, just off for my first radiotherapy this afternoon. Celebrating tonght by going to see Calendar Girls, although hope I don't get too much boob envy! Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carole

Nice to see you again last week. What a small world fancy your son recognising Geoff from school! He did say what a nice lad he was. I have just had 4th Taxol and have got 8 more to go. I would love to meet up again but will wait until I have finished the chemo as it is every week and apart from the tiredness I am avoiding going out in case of infection. Hope that you coping with your return to work, it must be great to feel part of the real world again.

Sorry to see that we have two new recruits but remember girls our hospital is a centre of excellence for breast cancer and Dr Brunt is one of the country's top oncologists. I was originally dx with bc in 1993 and the approach to treatments were very different then than they are now. It is often decided now to give a course of chemo in order to kill off any stray cells that may have escaped via the bloodstream in order to give patients a better chance of survival.Good luck to you both and I hope that you go on ok

Erin - how are you doing? have you now got a decent covering of hair again. Mine has all gone again just as it was beginning to grow back. Ugh !!!!

Barbara

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all and welcome to moocow & seraphcat although I'm sorry you had to join us. We have all met up a couple of times and it would be nice to do it again. You are both more than welcome to come along if you feel up to it.

Erin, How are you? It was nice to see you the other week although the setting could have been better!! Is the herceptin going ok? I've just had number 3 today so am now a quarter of the way there. I think you're one in front of me aren't you? I agree that we should arrange to meet up soon too.

Barb, It was nice to see you last week too although I was sorry to hear that you have to have more chemo but fingers crossed that you get better results this time. How's your treatment going? Do you feel up to getting together for a drink/meal & catch up?

Patsy, How are you doing? Hope the hair is still growing! Do you fancy meeting up again soon? If so, where & when?

Shelagh, Glad to hear that you are feeling better now.

Love & hugs to all
Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne, sorry to hear you feel isolated. I am older than you (54) but joined this discussion as I was keen to converse with others in the same part of world as me, as I felt on my own too. Where are you having treatment? It must be really hard going through all the palava of chemo and rads with a little baby but at least you've found it early ... and they say bc is the easiest to treat!

Glad to hear your treatment is nearly over moocow.

Big hugs, Shelagh x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks. I found my lump in June but having just had a baby my GP sent me away so took til August to get dx then had to wait for mastectomy then they found it in the sentinel lymphs so had to go back to have them stripped which delayed my chemo. Anyway you're right other people don't find it til it's too late at least we have.
Thanks again
Jayne

Guest user
Not applicable

Never think you are alone within days of getting to know your way around this site you should make so many contacts with poeple who are younger and older but all having been in contact with bc in some way . I was dx in sept 08 and had a masectomy within a few days of results . I am having cemo now last one coming up so we are going through the same thing at the mo and of course you will see your children growing up stay positive and this will help . so many women are out there not even knowing that they could have this thing in side them we are the lucky ones that we have caught it before it caught us. so chin up and dont forget to have a good moan on here or even the odd joke is welcome , i prefere the last one a good laugh really helps .I am off now my daughter 9 years has just come home from school hungry thank god for chicken nuggets and smilees !!!
speak soon
love Jayne

Guest user
Not applicable

Am new to this forum. I live in Stoke (well Cheadle) and feel totally isolated. Was diagnosed in August 08 (on my sons 3rd birthday) at 31. Everyone else seems so much older than me. Have just had my last chemo and am seeing oncology soon to discuss rads, hormone etc. I live in constant terror that this is going to stop me seeing my children grow up my son is 3 and I have a baby girl too. Any advice

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Erin, Great to hear from someone on this link. All going well with me at mo. Had last chemo on 27th and start radiotherapy on Monday. How are you?

Shelagh x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well!

We should try and meet up soon... its been ages!

Hope that everyone had a great xmas and new year.

Erin xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Hope you are all feeling well enough to enjoy a Happy Christmas. I've recovered from my dose of CMF on 16th, but am feeling fluey and achey from neupogen injections this week. My girls are home now though, so no cooking for me! Best wishes and hope to meet you in the new year.

Shelagh xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Just posting to say that because of illnesses we have decided to cancel tonights get together and will re arrange for sometime in the new year. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time Shelagh and hope that you will feel better soon and the chemo won't spoil your christmas too much

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies, Sorry I won't be able to make it to the gathering again. I've had yet more gruelling days this week. It seems my Hickman line is probably the cause of the high temps I keep getting as they seem to happen after redressing and flushing. This week I developed a temp of 38.8 fours hours after, along with constant shaking and white, numb fingers - a bit scary. I was allowed to have chemo on Tuesday though, but back via a cannula, as the Hickman line has got to go! Hope you have fun tonight, and hopefully I will be able to meet some of you in the new year. Take care, S x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry you wont be able to make it on thursday Carole. hope you will be feeling better soon. Have a lovely Xmas. Seems like it's only me and you Carol, what do you want to do? We can always leave it til after christmas when maybe more ladies are able to join us. let me know. ( I seem to have misplaced your mobile number - chemo brain again!!!!!!!!)

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Barbara,

Sorry I wont be able to make Thursday, I have a viral infection in my eyes and apart from having difficulties seeing I'm very concious of all the girls still having treatment.
Keep me informed how it goes and hopefully will see you in the New Year.

Love to All

Take Care

Carolexxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

For those of us who can make it on Thursday, shall we say between 6.45 and 7.00 at the Vic. Sorry you can't make it Erin perhaps we can meet up with you early in the New Year

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well... I can't make Thursday it's my boyfriend's Dad's birthday and we've been invited out to dinner so I'll be sorry to miss you all but I'll hopefully be able to make the next one.

Erin x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Holiday was wonderful, its so nice to feel the sun on you.

The Vics fine for me, I'm happy to eat, what time did we say?

Look forward to meeting the rest of our little possy.

love to all

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, Great to hear lots of hols going on ... I can't wait till next Feb when I should be able to go away again. I thought I was feeling OK but Dr B wouldn't let me have chemo again this Tue as my bloods are very low again. He thinks I have a virus. Like you Patsy I was threatened with the danger of septacaemia or pnemonia and defo more time in hospital .... so am gonna stay in and do nothing till next Tue at least. Hope you've escaped hospital now Patsy.
Will look into honey you mentioned Barbara . thanks. S x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Returned from Tenerife end of last week after a fab holiday which did me the world of good. However, I have now got a cold and can hardly speak (my hubby's quite pleased!). Must be the change in climate but I think it's a small price to pay for the sunshine.

Shelagh, Patsy, Really sorry to hear that you have been so poorly. Are you feeling better now? It would be nice if you could both join us next week when we all meet up again. Let us know if you feel up to it.

Erin, Hope your rads are going ok. I went to see Dr. Brunt this morning and am due to start mine on 1st December

Carole, hope your holiday went as well as mine! Are you ok with next Thursday?

Barb, Glad you enjoyed your break in the sunshine. My Mum was gobsmacked when I told her I'd seen you. She sends her best wishes to both you & Geoff and asked after your girls who she remembers babysitting for many years ago. I'm quite happy to go back to the Vic if thats ok with everyone else. Hopefully, my cold will have gone by then. Should be ok getting there but a lift back would be really appreciated if possible. Are we eating again like last time?

Love, Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Just back from hols and catching up with posts.

Shelagh and Patsy Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time hope that you will both be feeling better soon. Have either of you heard of LifeMel honey? It's very expensive but is brilliant for helping with the white cells whilst on chemo.
Carole (florrie) Hope you had a good holiday and the sun has done you good. I certainly feel better for the dose of sunshine.
Erin - good luck with the rads
Carole How was Tunisia?
Saw Dr Brunt yesterday for scan results. He is querying the scan results as they don't seem to correspond with the blood test results but I don't see him again until after the next scan which will be in January and then he will know whether or not the hormonals are working. If not it's back to the chemo

Next date for meet up is Thursday 27th Nov. If you want a lift Carole just let me know. Shall we go back to the Vic?

Barbx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

I've started my radiotherapy today and generally starting to feel on the mend... still tired but much more like the normal me!

Patsy sorry to hear that you've been so poorly... hopefully you'll be on the mend now you've been sent home... how much longer do you have left with your chemo?

I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to seeing you all soon... I might even have some hair by then! 🙂

Erin xxx

ForumMember

hI to everyone well things went really bad for me on friday afternoon blood presure really low temp very high 39.9 was really poorley if thet hadint taken me in on friday afternoon and i would have left another day they told me i would of ended up in intensive care really scary been on a drip since friday and the=y let me home this afternoon will update more later love to everyone xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy,
Hope you're feeling better soon. I've been polaxed in bed with high fever since Tue - it's scary isn't it! The antibiotics have worked today though and at last I feel 'like me' again for the first time in ages. I'm really wary about going anywhere now though - defo going to do christmas shopping online! Hope your daughter is feeling ok. It must be really hard going through chemo with little children 😞

Shelagh x

ForumMember

Hi to everyone sorry i cudint make the last meet up i have been reall y poorley with viral infection and the flu my chemo has been postponed til nxt friday was takin in hospital last nit with a temp of 39.3 they wanted admit me last nite but my little girl is also poorley and she will only have me hope all is well with u all and hopefully i will be there and the next meet up hugs to everyone patsy xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

I had to miss my chemo on Tue as I woke up with a raging fever again. Thankfully my bloods were healthy so have been sent home with anitbiotics and chemo postponed till next Tue. Feeling much worse than if I had had CMF!! How are you all?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Glad you got my message. I just escaped hospital today after 4 nights in. Was feeling rough Tue/Wed and went for a blood test ... then was not allowed home as my neutrophils were 0.10. Have had intravenous antibiotics and 4 neutropen injections to promote white blood cells and thankfully neutrophils started to recover yesterday. Gonna stay in bed for a few days to make sure the infection, whatever/whereever it is, is well and truly beaten.

Seems you had a lovely time. Hopefully I will make the next one.

Shelagh x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls,

I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed our meeting tonight amd I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Carole, Erin, it was great to finally meet you and put a face to the names.

Barbara, still can't get over meeting you again after all these years!! What a small world! Wait I tell my mum, she will be so chuffed. Thanks again to Geoff for dropping me off. It was really appreciated.

Shelagh, we got your message. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling too good. Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

Patsy, are you ok? Are you feeling rough after your chemo last week? We were expecting to see you tonight and were a bit concerned when you didn't show. Please let us know how you are asap.

Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Carole - did it used to be a really good vegetarian restaurant? I'm sure I'll find it anyway!

Shelagh x