Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

hi lalala

Look forward to meeting you on Thursday.

Vic on the Square is opposite the old Glenn Webb shop near the Land Rover garage if that helps any.

Probably confused you even more.

take care

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just realised my mistake .... I was sure I had posted on this forum ages ago but I reckon it was in my 'chemo' imagination. Sorry. I'm 54, live in Clayton and was really pleased when I found a forum with locals on it. I have two girls 24 and 27, both living away from home. I'm three quarters through Epi-CMF - so have four more doses to go. Due to finish on 16th December and can't wait.

Shelagh x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi again,

I've just started to feel human again after double whammy CMF last Tuesday. Hopefully I will be able to make it on Thurs. Just looked Vic on Square up on google - so am pretty sure where it is. Good luck to Patsy and Erin having chemo this week - tomorrow??

Looking forward to talking to fellow chemo endurers.

Shelagh xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Carole,

See you all on Thursday, hope everyone can make it!

Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Florrie

Don't worry about the time you arrive anytimes good.

Carolexxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Thursday is fine by me but I can't get there until 6.45 at the earliest as my hubby doesn't usually get back from work till about 6.30, sometimes a bit later so it might even be 7pm. I have an 8 year old who obviously can't be left on his own. Does this cause a problem for the rest of you? Don't want to inconvinience anyone but would love to meet you all.

Patsy, Erin, hope your chemos go as well as poss.

Hope to see you all on Thursday. Look forward to it

Love, Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Barbara,

Vic on the square it is see you at 6.30pm.

I do hope you can make it Erin I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Carolexxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thursday is ok with me. Dont mind eating so long as its not much later than 6.30

See you all then. Assume we are off to the Vic on the square?

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sounds good to me... if I don't feel upto it I'll give you a text Carole!

Looking forward to it!

Erin x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Everyones welcome,

We decieded that Thursday 30th is good it will hopefully give Erin and Patsy time to feel a bit more human after their Chemo.Just need to know if were eating to sort out a time.
Thought 7pm if not eating but 6.30pm if we are.

Love to all

Carolexxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone - hope you're all feeling ok,

I've not been on for a while - recovering from 2nd cycle of CMF ... which really is much easier than Epi I agree. I've got windows being installed on Wed/Thur next week, so might need to escape. Would I be able to join the meeting?

Shelagh x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carole (and everyone)

Weds or Thurs sounds good, I really don't mind which. It would be nice to go for something to eat if that's ok with everyone else.
Just let me know which day & what time and I'll be there. Hope treatment goes well for those that are having it soon.
I'm now on my 3rd cycle of xeloda and apart from being tired & having a furry mouth & dry hands and feet it's not too bad at all. A walk in the park compared to the epi!!
Look forward to seeing you all next week.
Love Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

HI everyone

It will be nice to meet up next week, I will nominate Carole as the Social Secretary and will send her a text to ask to name the day and place. Hope you will be able to make it
Erin and Patsy. Good luck with the chemos next week. Have either of you read about LifeMel honey? Its very expensive £37.50 a jar but apparently it has been proven to aid recovery from chemo and improve white and red cells. Just google LifeMel honey to read about it.

Love Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

What about Wednesday 29th orThursday 30th oct, any days okay for me but I feel I need to take the lead, hope none of you mind.

Erin -Hope all goes well and you can make it.

Patsy - If you need a lift let me Know.

Florrie - do you plan to eat? (in the pub that is)

Barbara - Sorry you didnt manage to get away hope all is well with you.

love to all

Carolexxxxxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi to everyone i can also do eveenings has my husband works days and my children are also of school aswell
hugs to all
patsy
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. Been busy with decorating bedrooms. I can also make next week, It would be great to meet everyone at last! Does Vic on the square sound ok?
I can do any day but evening would be better as my youngest is off school for half term. What suits everyone else?
Hope you are all feeling ok.
love, Carol

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I have my last chemo hopefully next tuesday... fingers crossed so I might be able to make it but it does depend on how I feel after the chemo!

Hopefully I'll see you all soon

Erin x

ForumMember

Hi barbara and carol
I can also make next week aswell got chemo this friday but will be well enough to meet up next week sometime will be lovely finally meeting u lovely ladies
lots of love patsy xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carole

Not going away half term now so if you can muster some more ladies I can make next week.
Erin - Have you finished your chemo now?

Barbara

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all you Stokies,

Whats happened to our night out?

Erin, Barbara and I had a lovely evening when we met up would love to meet more of you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Erin

Not feeling too bad at the moment.Started a different hormonal tablets yesterday and will speak to Dr Brunt on Monday about what happens next. I can understand that you have got lots of questions for the doc I always make a list and get geoff to write down what he says in reply because I tend to concentrate too hard and as a result don't always hear what is being said. Good luck and if I don't see you at COP on Monday will arrange to meet up soon
Take care Barbara x

Sam_BCC

Hi Erin

It sounds like you have a lot of questions you would like answered. With regard to fertility you may find the BCC fact sheet useful, it can be found at

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/fertility_issues_feb_06_0.pdf

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards

Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Chemo number 5 yesterday and not feeling too bad atm!

Got my onc appointment with Dr Brunt on Monday... I've got soooooooooo many questions to ask him.... sorry to be so depressing here but because I'm 24 does the chance of the cancer reoccuring or secondaries become more prominent for me? And because I'm hormone positive, even though my fertility might not be affected, won't getting pregnant send my hormones all over the shop and put me at risk?! Does anyone have a child or grandchild they might want to sell me in a few years when I want to be a mother? lol

Barbara - Thanks for the text, I keep leaving my phone all over the shop at the moment... I've stopped looking for it, I tend to find it eventually - memory like a sieve! How are you feeling now that you've had your last chemo?

Patsy - sorry about the lymphodema! I think I've managed to catch mine pretty early, although reading what can bring it on I'm surprised I've only just got the bloody thing!

I hope you're all doing well!

Erin xxxx

ForumMember

Hiya erin hope you are ok for chemo tuesday ive been told ive got lymphdema my appointment came through the other day got go on 16th october but the pain is so unbearable sometimes.My periods are still here will have to wait and see if i seee a period next month
hope all goes well for you on monday and good luck mate
hope everyone else is doing ok hugs to everyone
patsyxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

How are you all?

Had my chemo delayed because my bloods are good enough so hopefully after bloods on monday I'll be good for chemo on Tuesday! Also, I've got lymphodema in my arm!!! Like I need anything else!!! Got to wait for an appointment to see the lymphodema nurse but god knows how long thats going to take... have any of you got it?

Patsy - My periods have eventually stopped and in replacement I've been having hot flushes...

Barbara - Firstly... hoorah that you've finished chemo... soooooooooo happy for you! I've got an appointment with Dr Brunt at 2.30pm on the 13th so if you're around that time I might get to see you!

Hope everyone is well

Erin xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Erin

Had last chemo on Tuesday (yeah!!!!!!!!) I will text you in a couple of weeks to arrange a meet up. (Pleased that you are managing to get out and about during cycles) Have got an appt with Dr Brunt on 13th Oct so I'm hoping that my appt for a scan comes through before then.

Carole (oatcake) have read on secondary site that daisypink has been in hospital so if you are in contact with her perhaps you would like to invite her to join us when we next get together

Love Barb

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm doing well... been really busy - I've using all the time off work to catch up with people I'm usually too busy to see so I've been having a grand old time. Victoria on the Square sounds good to me, my last chemo is near the end of Oct so if I'm well I'll be there!

Diane - I'm currently having TAC chemo at North Staffs, I know its scary and it sounds like your having a really bad time of it but you'll get through it and chemo goes so quickly!

And Carole I'm very jealous that you went on holiday!!!

Erin x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Welcome Diane sorry you have joined the club no one wants to be a member of but if it helps at all I was diagnosed in 1993 and had 13years before it came back. Things have advanced greatly since then and there are many many more treatments around now. Good luck with your chemo, I have just finished 6 cycles of FEC and will start on hormonal tabs again in two weeks time. Chemo is do-able but listen to your body and rest whenever you can.

Victoria on the square is ok for me but I might be away in the half term week at the end of October

Wait to hear from you Barb x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Just returned from a lovely week in France with the other half.

Nice to meet you Diane as has been said you'll get a lot of support on here, sorry you've had to join us, hope you you can make our next evening out.

Carol - Victoria on the Square sounds fine to me just let me know a time and date and I'll be there.

Take Care

Love to all

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,

Diane,
Really sorry that you've had to join us but welcome anyway! I think we're a friendly bunch and if you're anything like me, you'll find it really helps to come on here and be in contact with other ladies who are going through the same horrible time as you are. I was really depressed too when first diagnosed & also just after I'd had my results but I've found that with time and lots of help & support that it becomes easier to accept and you just get on with it as best you can.
Some of the ladies on this thread met up a few weeks ago & had a lovely time together. We're hoping to arrange another date sometime soon so perhaps you would like to join us if you feel up to it.

Patsy,
Hope you are feeling a little better now. Sorry to hear that your chemo didn't go too well last Friday. I know how it feels playing pin cushion. It took 6 attempts for them to cannulate me on my 3rd epi and was very painful. I'm lucky that I'm on xeloda now which is tablet form so at least I've got a break from the intravenous treatment until I have my herceptin. Poor you with your arm as well, you must be feeling really fed up at the moment but remember you can always come on here and have a rant. Chin up eh?

Erin,
Are you ok? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope things are going as well as they can for you

Oatcake, (and everyone else )
How about Victoria on the Square for our next meeting? Do you know it? It's in Shelton just before you get into Hanley. We went there for our works Xmas do last year and it was really nice. I've also been for lunches a couple of times too. Perhaps we could go towards the end of next month (October)? What does everyone else think? If you don't fancy it, we could always do Wetherspoons again.

Barbara,
Hope it went well with Dr. Gulani and that you've now had your final dose of fec

Sorry if I've missed anyone.
Love & hugs to all
Carol X

ForumMember

Hi I hope you don't mind me joining your thread. I had mastectomy on 8th Septemmber. Results Grade 3. NPI 6.4 so not good. Surgery couldn't remove all the nodes some stuck to the axillary nerve/vein/artery whatever. Feel very depressed at the moment. Start chemo 8 weeks post op so mid October time. Havint 6 cycles of TAC, radiotherapy and then hormone therapy. I am from Stoke and asusme like me you are treated at UHNS. Di

ForumMember

hiya everyone just thought i would update on my chemo friday didint go that well took 6 attempts to put a canula in i ended up in tears it hurt so much finally got in havint be to good on my 1st cmf due to have the rest of it friday but i am on antibiotics at mo for a cold so will see if it goes ahead this weekI have also been having alot of promblems with my arm been in so much pain got told friday o have got lymphadema so waiting for an appointment for that only there is a 8week waiting list because staff of on maternity leave
how is everyone else doing hope you are all doing ok
lots of love
patsy
xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all,
Glad to see your all doing okay, Hope it won't be long before we can all meet up again it was so nice to put names to faces.

Erin - hope your doing okay think about you often.

Barbara - hope your grand-daughters didnt tire you too much.

Carol - get in there early with a date you can make it, i for one really enjoyed our get together it was so good to talk freely and we had a good laugh too.

Was in Weatherspoons today the xmas menu looks really good, not that we have too return there i'm up for going any where.

Take Care

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while... had a massively busy time before chemo and not a great time after so I've been keeping myself to myself but starting to feel more myself now.

And we should arrange for us all to get together at some point, Carole, Barbara and I had a lovey time!

I hope everyone is well!

Erin x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all doing ok. Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, been busy with family stuff & trips to hospital etc.

I have now finished the epi (hooray!!!) and am nearly at the end of my 1st cycle of xeloda. Although it's early days, I have found it a walk in the park compared to the epi.

Glad to hear that those of you who met up had a nice evening, I would have loved to have been there but was on holiday at the time. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one. Does anyone have any thoughts on when/where that will be?

Patsy, hope it goes well for you on Friday, don't forget to let us know how you get on.
Barbara, how did it go with Dr. Gulani, well I hope?
Erin, how are you doing?

Sorry if i've missed anyone
Love & best wishes to all
Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Patsy

Just wanted to wish you all the best for friday Hope that you find CMF tolerable. Have never had it but have been given epi as part of FEC and have only one dose left. Am due to see Dr Gulani on Monday and if bloods are ok will try to get them to fit me on Tuesday ( need to get it out of the way )

Take care
Barbara x

ForumMember

Hiya to everyone jusr checking how everyone is doing been very quite here hope yp=ou are all doing ok i start cmf friday finished the epi thank god hope you are all doing ok lots of hugs from
patsy
xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol

Just emerging from chemo yuk week. Had a reduced dose but it didn't make any difference to the after effects. Don't go back to see Dr Gulani until the 22nd of Sept because he is on holiday until then. Am now waiting for an appt to see Dr Brunt sometime in October to see what happens next. It was lovely meeting up with you and Erin and we must all do it again sometime. Take care x

Barbara

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy,

Lovely to hear from you was getting a bit worried as I hadn't heard from you hope your doing okay.

I met up with GeoBar and Erin and I had a lovely evening in Weatherspoons and it was nice cause our other halfs came in for the last 1/2hour.

Must arrange another evening when more of you can make it.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Take Care

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hiya kladies
hope everyone is doing ok just wondering how the meet went and how everyone is doing i finished ny last epirubicin 1wk ago and start my cmf in 2 wks my last one finishes on the 19th december i carnt wait hope all is ok
lots of hugs patsy
xxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Kate

Sorry you cant make it but you can bet we will be arranging our next get together this evening and hopefully it'll be when we all can make it.

Will post tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

Take Care

Carolexxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Hoping you all have a lovely evening, sorry i'll be missing it! Have had a hectic week and very tired, don't know if it's the rads or i've done too much. Have met another breast cancer buddie and have asked her about coming to meet you all. She's 28. So, make sure you make another date and have fun!!!

Kate xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy

We Havnt heard from you for a while hope everything is okay with you.

We've planned a get together and do hope you can make it, if not I'm sure it'll be the first of many we'll have.

Take Care

Carolexxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Barbara and Erin

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Take Care

Carolexxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carole,

Good plan, I'll see you then!

Erin xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol

Ok will do Geoff will drop me off. I am 60, slim, glasses and I have got a grey wig.

Look forward to meeting you

Barb x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Barbara and Erin,
If you like I can meet you outside at about 7 I can park outside I have a black KA last 3 letters are CAZ i'll stand by it and wait for you.

Carolexxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Same thought went through my mind too Erin. Don't know the layout of Weatherspoons very well but if Carol can think of whereabout inside we can meet it might help ?????

Barbara x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies!

Look forward to seeing you all on Thursday! How are we going to know who the others are? Just slightly worried I'll be wandering around by myself!

Hope everyone is well

Erin xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

The 28th it is then will be in there from 7.30pm hope to see you all there.Patsy if you need a lift let me no I'll keep checking the post.

Sorry you can't make it Carol will make sure your about for the next one.

Carolexxxxxxxxx