378588posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

ForumMember

Re: ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

Welcome carole sorry to hear you have joined us hear im sure we will support each other through these tough times ahead.im not on the trail was a bit apprehensive to do it so just stuck with the usual one which hopefully is better for me and hopefully will do the trick.I am positive that i will beat this and hopefully it wont return
please take care and everyone just post as much as possible the support here is great
lots of hugs to everyone thinking of you all
love
patsy
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

wow,

Hi Barbara nice to meet you.

I was dx in Mar 06 my treatment finished in Feb 07 on Tamoxifen at the moment.
I have 2 daughters and a wonderful grandson who came along half way through my treatment.On many days he was the driving force that kept me going on really bad days. Hes very special.

I'm very excited about finding you all, I've followed the groups on here and have at times been envious, but we now have our own little group.

Love to you all

Carolexxx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Girls

I too am from Stoke. Live in Meir Heath area and was dx with primary bc in 1993. Unfortunately it came back in 2006 and so I am one of the mets ladies in the secondary group. I am under Dr Brunt and am now having chemo every three weeks. Should have third one (FEC) on Friday unless the white cells are down. Trying to stay positive and enjoy life.

Good luck to you all and it's nice to find fellow potters on the website.

Barbara

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all,

how lovely to hear from you all.

Patsy was begining to worry about you its been a while, i was so unwell after my first chemo glad to hear you got though it all okay.

Florrie, I was the 1st person to take up theTACT 2 trial at our hospital i was on the fully excererated arm and although it was rough at times i finished my chemo 6wks early, to me that was a big bounus this Cancer wasnt going to take up any more of my life than was necessary.

ErinG try to keep positive it is a long road but you can get through it were all here to support you and i agree with patsy now theres a nice little group of us perhaps we can find a place in the middle for us to meet up.I know when i was having my treatment the hardest part was not having someone who knew what i was going through to talk to. I tended to keep it all to myself trying to be strong for everyone around me and falling apart inside, the only place i could be truly honest was on this site the support i got was amazing.

Keep Strong

Love to you all

Carolexxxx

ForumMember

Hiya everyone had a new computer so havin been online so my user name has also changed from lipgloss to patsy 32 had to register again as cudint get on/It is so nice to have so much support close by
hi to erin and florrie so sorry to find you both hear but hopefully we can all give each other support and get through this together and we all live pretty close together so would be nice if all could meet up.Well my first epi was 27th june and to be honest went pretty well had 3 days of feeling unwell but now feel pretty good just tired.Im hoping that it will be the same all the way through fingers crossed hey girls hope everyone is feeling as well as can be expected
lots of love to all of you
patsy
xxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol,

I live in Trentham! so we're not too far from each other!

I'm not on the trial, TAC is the strongest cocktail of drugs they can give me because I'm triple positive and will be having Herceptin and Tamoxifen after the chemo and radiotherapy.... seems like a lot but hopefully it won't return.

Also, there was a worry that my cancer had spread which delayed my treatment and proved to be the worst two weeks of my life waiting to hear that it hadn't!!! So now I just feel like whatever treatment I go through has got to be better, although if I'm not feeling too hot I'll probably be feeling good and sorry for myself!!!

I cannot imagine how difficult it is to have children and be treated for breast cancer... I luckily only have to look after myself! Seems like we've both got a long road ahead but I think we all find strength whether we knew we had it or not.

I hope all is going well for you and let me nkow how you're getting along.

Erin x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm also from Stoke & I live in the Blurton area. I had my 2nd chemo on Friday and am just beginning to feel better after a bad couple of days.
I'm 45 and have 4 sons aged 21, 18, 15 & 7. My onc is also Dr. Brunt & my consultant is Mr. Adjogatse, they are an amazing team and I have every faith in them.

Oatcake,
Thanks for you positive comments. It really helps to hear from someone who has been through this and come out on the other side. You sound like a very positive & determined lady, I admire you greatly.

Lipgloss,
Hope your 1st chemo went ok, I found that it wasn't half as bad as I expected. Are you on the tact 2 trial or having standard treatment? Perhaps we could compare notes and help each other through our treatment?

Erin,
I really hope your 1st one goes well too. I'll be thinking of you. Are you on the tact 2 trial? Is that what you mean by tac chemo? I am in group 3 which is 4 cycles of epi followed by 4 cycles of xeloda. Then I have rads and herceptin so a very long road ahead but one I'm determined to get to the end of. It would be nice to keep in touch & find out how you're doing. I wish you all the best.

Carol X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

I joined this website tonight after finally deciding that I need to speak to people that have been through what I'm about to and I live in Stoke so thought that I'd say hi!

I'm 24 and I'm having TAC chemo which will start on Friday and saw Dr Brunt today to confirm everything and its strange to know that you've had the same people as me and that you're being treated at the moment too.

Look forward to speaking to you

Erin x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy

No i'm on BT.

I give up trying to private message you i'll have to find another way.

In the mean time try not to worry too much about Thurs/fri. I'll be thinking about you.

take care

Carolexxx

ForumMember

Hi all

I am writing to let you know about our 'Younger women's forums' which provide a chance for you to meet others in similar situations, here is the link to the web page containing details of where and when they are held:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=1944

Best wishes
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

wow oatcake u seem like a very busy bee are you on msn at all
hugs patsy
zzzz

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy

Don't think that worked I think everyone can read it Whoops never mind.

Speak to you later.

Carolexxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy

I'm part of the Social Care team, i access care packages and get people home with support.
Its very handy for appointments dn't have to go to far.
I'm at the Haywood tomorrow for Xrays but I have 2 cases on the re-ab ward so i'll go there before i go to the office.
I'm not sure how to private message on here or if i could give you my private E-mail but I have a go.

Will get back to you

Carolexxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks alot carole would be nice to meet you i start my chemo friday this week got go thursday to have bloods taken and weight and height checked not sure what else i will be having done.Not sure about alot really they tell you that much its alot to take in what do you actually do at the hospital carole lovely to hear from you
take care
patsy
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Patsy,
not too far away then.
I work at the Hospital so if you need any support whilst having your Chemo let me know i can always pop on to the Unit.
I had Surgery,Chemo and Rads.
I too had Dr Brunt but Mr Duffy for surgery. They were an amazing team.
I had alot of Lympnode involvement so they keep a very close eye on me.
Try not to worry about your Chemo you will be fine they are a great team and you'll find it a great social event, you even start to look forward to going to chat to others in your situation. You probably have the most amazing support at home but as no one around you is walking in your shoes it can feel a very lonely place at times.

Keep Strong

love Carolexxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

sorry carole yes to your question im having all my treatment at the north staffs my consultant is mr kirby and my oncoligist is mr brunt
love patsyxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya oatcake
How lovely u are not far from me i live at chell heath near chell.Im 32 yrs old i have 4 children 3 boys aged 12 8 and 9 months then i have a my angel she is 2 yrs would love to chat I start my chemo friday not looking forward to it havin 7 months of chemo and 3 months of rads how are you feeling now all your treatment has finished carole hope to hear of you you take care would be lovely to meet up if you would like
take care
love
patsyxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi patsy
Live in stoke well kidsgrove actually just on the Cheshire boarder.

I'm not classed as young on here as I've just reached 50 but I often check the young pages as i think of myself as young, young at heart any way.

I was diagnoised in mar06 and have now completed all my treatment.

If you want too chat at greater length just reply would love to have a buddy in the area.

Are you having your treatment at the North Staffs?

Hope to hear from you soon

Take Care

Carolexxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ANYONE FROM STOKE ON TRENT AREA

Was just wondering if anyone was from stoke on trent area
thinking of u all
patsy
xxx