ASPIRIN. who takes it?

I just wondered, especially since the Press have reported it today, whether anyone takes low dose aspirin in the hope of preventing a recurrence? I have decided to take it alongside Anastrozole. It appears, after various studies, that it could prove to be very beneficial.(I know for ladies with stomach complaints etc it is not recommended). Anyone else taking it? Cx

I tried taking it - I have a family history of bowel cancer as well as my own BC.  But it gives me nose bleeds so I gave up.  

Hi Cesrabbit, 

Thank you for starting this thread and I am sure more users will be along soon to share their views and offer their support. 

Breast Cancer Care has responded to this in the news through our clinical team. I have included the response below.

"This new analysis gives insight into how aspirin could be used as an additional tool in treating people with breast cancer. But we must proceed with caution.  For some, taking aspirin over a prolonged period of time can cause complications such as bleeding and stomach ulcers. So it’s important people speak to their doctor before making any decisions.

We look forward to seeing further research to determine whether aspirin can play a part in boosting breast cancer survival rates.”

If anyone would like to talk about this further, or have any questions or concerns, they can always call ourhelpline at 0808 800 6000. They can also Email Our Nurses and send in a question.

The opening hours to our helpline are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

There is a trial into aspirin at Peterborough City Hospital but I can’t go on it as I’m on naproxen for arthritis. It’s a shame cos I would have liked to be part of the trial xx

My hubby takes a low dose for his heart problems every day …he bleeds very easily and suffers a lot of heartburn.
Unless the clinical trials can prove to b a magic bullet for breast cancer , I would personally not add it to my medication.
Hugs xc

Hi MM,

Your GP may be unwilling to make the switch to ARIMIDEX, but then you ask to be referred back to your onc, since my onc suggested the3 month trial my side effects have reduced so much. I still hobble, but am less limited , my sleep is better (though can still be disturbed) but, if you dont have the conviction that life could be better - or at least is worth exploring if it could be better, why will they try to work with you.
Jot down your side effects, your limitations, the positive comments you have heard from others and get that discussion going x x
Let us know how it goes
LL xx

I take aspirin daily with tamoxifen I have been told by oncologist that a side effect of tax is clotting hence the aspirin