Absolutely Confused..

Hi

Im Sue and 42.
Last October I found a lump in my right breast and as five years previously on the same side I had a cyst I decided to wait and see and wasnt too overly concerned.
Two weeks ago at the GP’S I just happened to mention it and she had a feel and decided to send me to the BC clinic.
Tuesday (26th) I saw the consultant and after an examination he told me he was very unsure as to what it was and on a scale of one to five (five being the worse news) I was a level 3 before the Mammo and Ultrasound and if needed a biopsy.
The Mammogramm was fine so I felt ecstatic…the ultrasound i thought also was good as she didnt do a biopsy. The lady gave me a letter to take back to the clinic and I handed it over and said I think that as everything was all clear could I cancel my appointement for the following week. I had only just left when they rang and said the consultant needed to do the Biopsy and not the scanner (thats what the letter was for) so now im really confused. If my mammo was clear and the lady at the ultrasound didnt do the biopsy why did the consultant need too do it?
Any advice would be good…im trying to stay positive but after feeling the lump again today im started to worry now even though the mammogram said not too.
The biopsy is scheduled for the 4th so even after next week I will be no nearer ro knowing whats wrong :frowning:

Sue

Hi Susan

I’m sorry to read you’re having a tough time. If you need some extra support during this difficult time please do give the helpline a call and talk to a member of staff there. The lines will open again on Tuesday at 9am until 5pm and the number is 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator