Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Reeling from mri scan results! :(

11 REPLIES 11
Roisdara

Re: Absolutely Reeling from mri scan results! :(

catzooo

Hi Roisin. I have a PICC line. Tho it wasn't put in at the start, my hospital (Hull) only suggested it after 3x chemo and having trouble finding veins. It is on the inside of my upper arm, I had it put well out of the way as i have 2 very bouncy poodles and was worried about them pulling on it. Been in since February no problem. You may well be better with a portacath with kiddies!
Im doing great ta. The chemo did its job. the pathology results after surgery were great - only fragmented dead cancer cells in removed breast. One lymph node had dead cancer cells. All other lymph nodes clear. Am now recovering well. Trying to build up fitness by walking and gentle exercises. Been a helluva year. I am older than you - was 49 at diagnosis. I Don't have any kids. I can't imagine going thru this with young ones. Whereabouts are you?
x Sue
chezzap

MOrning Roisin
Glad some ladies with IBC have come forward it must make you feel more hopeful.
The portacath is most expensive option so try and persevere with it as otherwise they might try and get you to have a picc line which just isnt practical with a 3 year old.
so sorry we findourselves "meeting" under these circumstances at our age. Crap isnt it
My hair started to fall out in big handfuls today so thats todays meltdown!!!
Roisdara

ChristineP

Recommend book called mummy's lump to read with children - electronic version available from this site.

christine

ps just sending short messages as longer post which took ages to write was lost with a blib on this site

ChristineP

Recommend book called mummy's lump to read with children - electronic version available from this site.

christine

ps just sending short messages as longer post which took ages to write was lost with a blib on this site

ChristineP

Three years since ibc diagnosis - chemo mastectomy and radio and still here 🙂

chezzap

hi
Couple of bits of advice:
If you have young kids ask for a portacath instead of a piccline especially if you having herceptin for a year. A portacath is all under skin so babies/ kids cant pull at it and will save your veins. I got mine fitted on Tues and have a 10 month old so a picc line was never going to be practical for me
If you are starting chemo join the thread with us August girls. theres loads of us having chemo at the same time. we will help you through it

been reading your posts and have felt so much for you. Cant give you any advice about IBC as dont know much about it but good to see that catzoo has answered that will be a great support for you
Roisdara

catzooo

Hi Roisdara.
Oh my. I do feel for you. I was in your position last October. Diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. My boob grew so fast, felt hot and sore. Then the underside on the boob changed to orange peel looking skin.
As IBC is so fast growing you will probably be offered chemo first. In order to shrink any tumour and to stop any spread. I had a mass of 8x5 cm which chemo shrunk to next to nothing. Then had a radical mastectomy and have just finished radiotherapy. Am now getting Herceptin until the end of the year.
Try not to google IBC. There is a lot of scary out dated info out there. If you use facebook check out this place - you will get the most amazing support from this group - Inflammatory Breast Cancer Support - UK.
It is such a shock. But your oncologist team will move fast and sort out your treatment plan. Chemo is shit. But you will get through it. Come on here to rant and to share your feelings.
If, or when you have any questions pls feel free to ask away. You will get through this. We are here for you
x Sue
Lols

Roisdara, your not over reacting at all it's a massive shock to have any bc diagnosis and takes a long time to come to some acceptance but you will in your own way, just remember your doing the right thing, you havnt ignored it and your team are behind you planning on a good outcome.
you will get through this and come out the other side, I can't offer any real advice but saw your post and I know how you feel, thinking of you , your not alone we are all in this together x ju
Roisdara

Absolutely Reeling from mri scan results! :(