Aches and pains and breast reduction

Hi I had a mastectomy in May 2010 and am a big cup (HH) I haven’t had a reduction or reconstruction yet although a reduction is planned. I am not sure why I just haven’t felt it was the right time to have it done. I had a left side mastectomy and for the past few months have had a aching pain in my left side around the bottom of my ribs. I have told the breast care nurse and the consultant who said as it was mild and not continuous, It wasn;t something to be worried about, but it isn’t going away. I use a heavy prosthesis and know I am still lop sided and am wondering if any of you have this experience and if you think this may be the cause of the ache. Also any one with thoughts on the breast reduction? Thank you xxx

Can’t help on reduction but if you add a Knitted Knocker to your prosthesis, it would even you up. www.knittedknockers.co.uk

Hi woodlandmanor,

Could it be costochondritis? I get this in my ribs both on surgery side and the good side. 

Concerning your heavy prosthesis (I never wore mine) have you considered Knitted Knockers? I’ve just acquired on and have never looked back. knittedknockersuk.com/ 

poemsgalore