Aching joints

Hi every one Im taking Letrozole tabs just getting used to the SE sickness sleepless nts blisters in mouth…Now I feel like a criple every joint in my body is aching im taking ibruprophen and codliveroils and vit D. Im only on my second months packet Im starting my radio therapy tomorrow for three weeks and have a bone scan this thursday. I have the most vile headache ive took myself to bed this afternoon…I cant sleep but my headache wont go away ive got a long way to go yet I thought I was coping well but this pain in every bone as knocked me for 6…HELP! any suggestions ??

For me the horrible aching joints kicked in at about four to five weeks after starting on Letrozole. They kept me awake at night - had to get up to take  Neurofen - but they eased off after two or three  weeks.  I have also had the headaches together with feeling a bit sick.   The bad headaches eased off but I still get a slight headache every few days.   The aching joints made me feel like I was about 100 and my 92 year old mother in law seemed positively sprightly compared to me, but it certainly got a lot better in quite a short time and now I am fine with just the occasional twinge.   Only advice I can give is keep on with the painkillers and rest if you need to.   If things don’t improve get to your GP for stronger painkillers - I think some people have Amitriptyline which is an antidepressant but is also used as a painkiller at a different dose.    My bone scan showed I have slightlythinning bones so I am going to have to start on calcium supplements and Vitamin D.  Also my cholesterol is raised and if it doesn’t improve on a low fat diet I will have to take a statin, so will soon be rattling at this rate.  I hope things get better for you soon.  

My headache stayed for 8 days until I started to drink more. By doubling my water intake (weak Ribena actually) my headache gradually eased over a week. I am on my 3rd packet and if I have a ‘dry’ day, the headache returns. I haven’t felt particularly sick, I take it as I get into bed at night, so maybe I sleep through it. I feel dreadfully tired, but mostly can’t get to sleep, unless it’s kipping on the sofa and missing something on telly I really wanted to watch. The joint pain is annoying as I don’t know which bit is going to hurt when I get up in the morning. My bone scan results should be done by first week in August, they take ages. I am also on vit D tablets, (started before C) have been for more than a year as my tiredness was really bad and I couldn’t take my poor dog for a 5 min walk, so that might improve it a bit for you. Rads are fine, keep slapping the cream on :slight_smile: xxxx

Ask to try a different brand of letrozole, the coatings are different apparently. Two types made me very stiff but I take the accord brand and that is fine.

Same here I will only have the accord letrozole tablets …dont like them but got used to the SE and tried different make only had 5 and felt horrid so made sure the chemist only ever gets me accord x