Acid

Hi, I’m having problems with acid after and before i eat i was given Metoclopramide tablets to take(mainly for sickness, i think?) but as i suffer form migraine i found that even though i had only taken three i had terrible headaches.
I rang my Doctors and he perscribed Gaviscon which does help for a short while.
The treatment i’m on is Taxotere(Docetaxel) and Cycophosphamide, Anyone else having problems?
Dee

Yes I know exactly what you mean, its ok for the first couple of days, then starts and just burns and burns. I usually take gaviscon and zantac, before meals and if I still feel acidy I take a bit more gaviscon in between.

It does seem to happen for a few days and then just before the next chemo its ok again.

Good luck, hope you find a suitable treatment

Oh yes know how you feel ,never thought heartburn like this. luckily it only lasts about 10 days for me. I practically drink gaviscon by the bucket.it dosnt matter if i eat spicy or plain food either.hope yours improves xxx

Dee

I had Omeprazole for mine. At times it has been so severe that I have stuggles to get water down, and I ended up on 6 x the usual dose for a few days, but now back on reg dose. Hope something works for you, it’s horrible isn’t it? I couldn’t lay down with it.

Kinden
x

Yes… try Opremazole, it turned me from a burpy bunny into a happy bunny almost imediately!

lansaprozole works too

I was drinking gallons of gaviscon too … but now having no problems on Lansaprozole every day. Really worth trying.

Shelagh

The Gaviscon liquid makes me feel so sick. I’m going to ask for Omeprazole tomorrow at my GP, it has worked well in the past. I’m on FEC
Irina

Hi Dee,

I too have acid reflux problems and find that zanprol is more effective than gaviscon. I just take one tablet a day for about 4 to 5 days after chemo. Hope that may help.

Bev

Hi,
I have not had any sickness or nausea while on chemo but acid has been a nightmare for me. This was both on epi and now while I am on CMF and building up each dose. It is particularly bad after my second chemo dose on day 8 and lose the recovery time each month. Here is what I have been given if it is of any help.
First I was given ranitidine tablets which work really really quickly, are very easy to swallow and hooray no after taste to make you feel worse. However they did not last long enough while I was on epi.
Next I was given Omeprazole which come in 20mg plastic capsules. These were good at lasting longer but did not work so quickly. However, after quite a few days on them I started to continually tastethe plastic of the capsule, which was horrible. I do get this on paracetamol capsules too so probably just me.
Next I moved to Lansoprazole 30 mg fast tab tablets. These had to be signed off by the onc as pharmacy don’t like to give them away, as there are cheaper alternatives. These are lovely strawberry milkshake flavoured and if brave enough you can suck them and swallow tiny granules if swallowing is tricky. Despite being fast tab they were really slow to work compared to both the others, but lasted quite well.

So now I have mild acid but it lasts for more days so I prefer ranitidine as it works quickly and lasts long enough. I have about 40 of each so can switch about as I need to. Might start a shop!!
lots of luck to anyone with this most annoying side effect
Lily x