Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding contacts

15 REPLIES 15
June_BCC

Re: Adding contacts

Hello t1llym1nt

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I'm just about to go for my 3rd Radiotherapy session but after yesterday I have fallen apart. I feel what little dignatity I had has gone I came home have cried all night and showered 3 times - would have been more but husband stopped me - does anyone else feel like they've been abused (strong word but that's what it feels like) and dirty?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi kate,

I have liver and bones mets, too. Liver for just over 1 year and bone for just over 2 years. Taxol was the first chemo I had over 2 years ago and it worked well for me.

Hope you are not having too much side effects.

Lots of women on here are going through the same thing with you or have been through it. We can all relate to how you feel. Please do come on here and share it. We all support each other.

Take care xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi to Kate (and thanks Alto for posting the link in the bone mets thread)
Just wanted to say how devastating a secondary diagnosis is - all of us mets ladies know exactly what you are going through. It is good that your treatment has started, I think we all felt more able to cope once we knew we were being treated - or more importantly the BC was having drugs chucked at it again!
There is a thread on the secondaries part of the forum for 'lung and bone mets' which would be a good place to look for support and there is also the 'bone mets' thread where the link was put by Alto.
Hoping your treatment goes well and your recent diagnosis becomes less scary.
Nicky x

lucinda

Hello Kate

I have sent you a personal message.

Lucindaxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane,

Thanks for bumping this thread. I'm not sure if it's possible to move part of a thread but I will refer it onto our technical team to check. In the meantime Kate do feel free to post again in the secondaries section of the BCC forum where your post will be seen by more users who can offer support.

If you need any assistance using the discussion forums please do not hesitate to contact and we'll be happy to help.

With best wishes,
Anna, BCC Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate, if you get this message this evening do try and pop onto live chat, click on 'community' then 'live chat'. We are a supportive friendly group. We talk about treatments etc and support and listen to each other, but often lapse into general chit chat about lives etc
I will send you a personal message Tomorrow sometime, so check your inbox. If you don't manage to join us tonight, we'd love to speak to you in the near future. Remember you have come to the right place, there are many people who can support you and give you hope. Very soon you will come to accept your diagnosis, but for now we all understand how you feel- we've all been there!

Alto

Kate, I'm not a secondary lady myself so I can't for a moment imagine how you're feeling, but I'm sending you a huge cyber hug.

As Sam has suggested maybe you could give the BCC helpline a call - I know they've been a great listening ear for many people here.

I think this post has got a bit lost but you'll get more people seeing your post if you re-post in the Secondaries area of the forum or maybe one of the Mods can move this for you?

In the meantime this will bump it up for you.

Best wishes,

Jane xxx

Sam_BCC

Hi Kate

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, it sounds like you're really struggling and having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

We also run a live chat session on a Tuesday evening from 8.30pm to 9.30pm. Here you can talk on-line in 'real time' to other's who have a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer. To join in just log in at 8.30pm and click on the live chat link in the left hand top corner of the page.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes
Sam, BCC Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi this is Kate, I was diagnosed with secondary cancer to the liver and bones, Really terrified, feel very isolated, Need someone to talk to who may have gone through something similiar and can understand, I'm on taxel, weekly drip, first one today, Onc not very encouraging, non committal, Don't want to know time line anyway as would make me feel too negative!
All comments would be very much appreciated, need help and reassurance badly!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sharon,

I finished 6 tax on 29th April, I have lost 2 fingernails, all the others are off about half way down, not sore now, were VERY sore to begin with, full of blood but couldnt have them relieved because I was neutropenic and couldnt risk infection,they did eventually burst, my toe nails dont seem to be affected, I have met one or two ladies whose toe nails have dropped off too.

my hair is just starting to grow back, it looks like hair on a peach, but I can feel some bristles when I stroke it, all over my head definately looks dark so I think its ready to sprout, lol,

dont worry, I think you just have to let your body recover at its own pace, I am sure that once your hair starts to grow it will come on quite quickly, I can see a difference more or less each day now.

I also think that everyone is different in their recovery time, some are a lot quicker than others, just as some people experience different ses,

all the best and keep posting, love Liz xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone I finished chemo (fec and tax) 10 weeks ago and have just finished 15 sessions of radio and I feel great. The only thing thats bothering me at the mo is that my nails have only just started to fall off and my hair isn't growing back yet. Does anybody know how long the hair takes and why the nails are just coming off now?
I am on tamoxifen and herceptin but don't think that should make a difference.

To all the ladies just starting this journey there is light at the end of the tunnel. I kept as active as possible through treatment and listened to my body, still cooked and cleaned just rested when I needed to and ate what i wanted. Don't try to be a hero.

Sharon

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for prompt response, I will definitely send them a PM
xxx

Louise_BCC

Hi there curlylol

I am sure you have sent the contact request correctly if you followed these instructions.

It might just be that the contacts you have selected have not noticed that you have sent the request.

Perhaps you could send them a PM to let them know you've added them as a contact?

Hope they respond soon.

Louise
Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

How do I accept a contact request? I have several pending who have not responded so don't think I have done this correctly, I have since since personal message and nothing, maybe these people changed their minds?
curlylol xxx

Community Manager

Adding contacts

Adding contacts

You can add contacts to your profile to share information with a selected list of users.

To add a user to your contact list, click Contacts and use the search box to enter the username you want to add.

Alternatively, when on the forums, click on a username to see their profile and then click the Add contact button.

A message will be sent to that user’s mailbox with your request. Once the request has been accepted the user will appear in your contact list and you will appear on their list.

You can also subsequently remove a contact on the contacts page or on the profile page of the user you want to remove.