Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed re uplift and poss lipofill

9 REPLIES 9
roseka

Re: Advice needed re uplift and poss lipofill

Hi Gay, hope you're ok. 

well its 2 weeks now and I'm pretty much in line with your experience. Bruising on tummy and hips all gone, although have to wear corset for another 4 weeks 😞

I had the tape removed last night but my nipple is really sore today, reminds me of breast feeding lol. Given its now 5 weeks to our holiday I'm interested to see how you're getting on a month down the line?

Take care, 

Kate

roseka

Hi Gay, hope you're ok. 

well its 2 weeks now and I'm pretty much in line with your experience. Bruising on tummy and hips all gone, although have to wear corset for another 4 weeks 😞

I had the tape removed last night but my nipple is really sore today, reminds me of breast feeding lol. Given its now 5 weeks to our holiday I'm interested to see how you're getting on a month down the line?

Take care, 

Kate

GBC

Hi Roseka
Four, nearly five weeks on from op this is the situation relating to lipofill in reconstruction and reduction/uplift of good boob:
1. Discomfort in nipple area of reduced breast and scar underneath breast but it doesn't stop me getting on with life just affects my choice of bra - as soft and comfortable as possible.
2. Bruising has all gone on breast and on hips where fat was transferred from.
3. I am not able to exercise at present as I have had a mesh tummy repair but if I hadn't had that I would be fine to do most activities although would want to be very careful about not banging either of my boobs. I have been told I can start exercising after 6 weeks so I reckon by 8 weeks you will be feeling great and ready for lots of action!
Good luck with op and healing and have a lovely holiday.
Gay x
roseka

Sorry Yvie I meant to say how sorry I am you are still having problems, take care xxx

roseka

Thanks for the reply Gay. 4 weeks on what are you able to do/not do in terms of activity? I'm definitely going in on 1st june which is 8 weeks before my holiday. In order of importance I'm concerned about 1.pain, 2.bruising and apoearance, 3. Activity levels(its a cruise but I want to be active for exercise, tours etc). I hope your uplift feels better soon. Not sure hubbie realises that my normal side will be out of action for so long lol. Xxx
GBC

Hi Roseka, I had a second lipofill and scar revision on reconstructed breast, reduction and uplift of good breast and a mesh repair of an abdominal bulge four weeks ago following my original diep flap surgery last November. It is my third operation on the reconstruction side of things.

My original diagnosis was Oct 2012 followed by mx, chemo and rads. I am hoping that is the end of surgery for me although I think I might need a bit more lipofill on the reconstruction cleavage and as it is still smaller than my good boob maybe in the main flap but not sure if this is possible. Would love to know if someone has had lipofill directly into the flap to increase size rather than the surrounding chest tissue and cleavage.

To answer your query my experience of the lipofill and reduction/uplift has been very good. My PS took fat from hips, he said I didn't have a huge amount although I would disagree. He has made a very good job and bruising has gone completely and hips (love handle area just above my diep tummy scar) are very smooth and flat and look good. The lipofill in the cleavage area is also comfortable although it is here that I think it could do with a little more although I am not sure I can face a 4th op as I really want to get on with healing and life. The reduction and uplift of good breast looks great although at the moment I am getting a lot of pain in the relocated nipple and under breast scarring and there are not any bras that are comfortable. It is a lovely shape and looks like a lovely smaller version of my boobs 30 years ago. I just wish he had reduced it a bit more so that it matched the other one but you can't have everything. Next step is to have a 3D areola nipple tattoo at a tattoo parlour in Luton in July and I may even have a small butterfly tattoo on top of breast to cover scarring if I have the courage! Watch this space.
Good luck to everyone having surgery and coping with the effects of what I call badboy BC.
Gay x
roseka

Thanks yvie, yes my main concern has always been the impact on the donor site and recovery time. my ps says it will be fab and not many after effects But you obviously have a different experience.  At the moment I'm waiting to see if he can do 1st June but its not looking hopeful as theatre fully booked. Trouble is if I leave it til after holidays I will be out of work so won't be easy to jobhunt while recovering. Life's never simple is it. I spose at end of the day its an optional treatment........

Take care x 

Yvie178

Hello I had both of these End August last year following a single mx and strattice op in Feb 14.  The lipofil was on the recon - I had a massive dent in the upper pole - it seemed to be where the big drain was. 

The Uplift is relatively easy to deal with - mine was with a slight reduction as well.  However, the lipofill is another matter.  I had my fat transfered from both thighs (front of).  I looked like I had been run over - my thighs were completely black from top to knee.  My ps had said that it would be painfull - but I was not prepared for just how painful!  I had two weeks off of work and was not supposed to drive for 2 weeks.  On my return to work - which is a desk job - I was still in significant pain.  I did not have a lot of fat for her to play with and my ps said that is why I still have numbness and pain (burning) on one thigh - this is the one where I had two puncture sites so I am assuming that this thigh had extra messing with.   8 months later the nerve damage is still there, along with the numbness and I am told this is likely to be permanent.  In addition you can plainly see the areas that fat has been taken from - and it is painful to lean on my thighs whilst exercising. It is certainly not a cosmetic procedure where your transfer site is concerned.  With regard to the fat that was transferred - my skin was very swollen and bruised and about half of the fat has disappeared now.  So I still have a small dent - but I will not be having this again.  I could not find much information at all about this process so I am hoping that this helps - though I hope it does not put you off.  I believe that other people have found it less painful with different donor sites! 

The uplift - is fab - very pleased with this and what a difference it makes - and no problems at all.  Stayed overnight, home the following day - infact compared to the other ops its a walk in the park!

Sam_BCC

Hi roseka

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences do give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your thoughts and choices with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are normally open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm apart from Saturday 15 May due to a telephone change over.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

roseka

Advice needed re uplift and poss lipofill

Ladies, does anyone have any experience of uplift or lipofill procedures, especially recovery periods? I realise this is relatively minor after what many of us go through but would appreciate any advice!

I had single mx and strattice implant reconstruction in November. All fine now and have just got back to running, pilates, gardening etc. I need an uplift for symmetry, possibly lipofill but not sure. I was always going to leave this until October, after the summer (lots of gardening and running to be done) and a big holiday 1st August and after the half marathon (I did my first one last October then 3 days later got dx so its a big deal for me to do it this year).However, other factors have now cropped up and I am totally torn whether to do June or October: 

1. I am being made redundant as from 31 August. Currently starting to think about jobhunting but this obviously complicates things. On one hand if I have it done in June my current employer will cover my sick leave, but on the other hand, the recovery period will prevent me from active jobhunting/networking for a while. However if I leave til October, heaven knows whether I will be employed, whether I'll get sick leave or what. 

2. My lovely PS will not be available after June so if in October I would need to be referred to another surgeon, which will be a pity as I've shared quite a journey with this one. 

3. I'm worried that if I have it done in June and there are any complications, this will impact on my holiday which is our big treat cruise.

Apparently the recovery is a couple of weeks then another 4 with no heavy lifting, if all goes well I could get back to gentle gardening and running after about 6-8 weeks. 

Help! I'd be grateful for any advice.  thank you x