Advice needed

Just been diagnosed, I’ve never used a forum so I don’t know how to use it , so I may be repeating myself !

Had primary 4 years ago and now got mets in lung , liver and bones . After three sessions of chemo the lungs are now clear and everything is shrinking ! Round 4 tomorrow . Seeking positive and funny stories ! It’s hard for you all I appreciate but I remind hopeful .

Sus

Hello…welcome to our family. It wil take a bit of time to get used to the forum but you will find plenty of kindness and help here from wonderful ladies that will support you on the darkest days .
We have a private secondary forum …we have games and gardening, book clubs etc as well once you find your way around !!
The bone Mets thread is the busiest one if you need a reply as always someone around.
Carolyn xxx

Hi Suskak

hope round 4 went well. Sounds as if you have a treatment plan in place which is always good!

yes the bone mets thread is a really jolly, active and helpful thread to join.

jolly, funny stories…, well once you have joined the private group, you can join in all the lovely activities we girls are doing. Make a request through Lizzy bcc. Best of luck with the chemo

keep us posted

hugs,

Moijanx

Hi Suskak, just wanted to say helo and welcome. Glad to hear your treatment ios going well…what are you on? xx

Hiya

purtiziban, herceptin , bondranab and taxittere !

I have just had my 4th dose and I feel very positive.

What are you on Stresshead ( like the name!!)

Hi Suskak

only wanted to say, i was on Taxotere at the beginning after my initial chemo, mastectomy and radiols…its a good chemo, if a bit strong. I still have numbisg feet…ever since 2001! But i just thought maybe at your stage on it, if you get a willing slave to massage bothe feet with a nice oil or something…it might ward off the numbness?

i also got nutrapenic a few times so hopefully you wont.xxx

Moijan

hi Suskak,

Have nefver heard of purtiziban or bondranab but as you are on herceptin i gather you are HER2+. I’m triple negative (started as er/pr+ her2-) which isnt good. I have had loads of chemo’s and sems my only option left is to revisit some of them in the hope thay will work a second time around.x

Pertuzumab is a relatively new drug and yes I am HER2 and estrogen positive. How long have had you’re reocurrnace ?

Hope things start to work for you x

Hi

My feet are ok but my fingers are numb! Thanks Moijan for advise on massage. I had a lighter version of taxiteree in 2012 which was given weekly but this taxittere is strong and I think I have every symptom going! Only two more to go and I pray I don’t have any more ??

Suskak, i was aware of a lump from Jan 2014 but it was misdiagnosed as a sebaceous cyst until July of that year. I have since had pulmonary embolism, pleural effusions and now also have bone mets. I have loads of chemo’s…docetaxol; and capecitibine, eribulin…to answer your question Moijan…weekly taxol and carboplatin. Have also had electrochemotherapy for skin mets. I am currently on a chemo break, enforced by my oncologist, but there a very few left to go at as i am triple negative. I am looking into trials…anything to keep me going!!

Moijan…as you can see i have had eribulin…i was told at the time it was really good and could stay on it as lomng as it was working (not sure if i was on it before my status changed to triple neg) . I coped pretty well with it and didnt have any hair loss. nfortunately it didnt work for me and i only had about  5 cycles i think. As i said, i ahve heard really good reportd about it so hopefully it will do the job for you. xx