Advice on Driving Please

Hi lovely ladies, anyone can advise on driving?  Had my surgery 27th Jan, wire and lymph node, and although have been told probably 2weeks could be ok to drive, do we wait until we feel absolutely no discomfort.  Also, been told to remove dressings today, (had them changed on Monday) and as long as looks clear, can leave them off.  Has anyone else removed theirs this early, probably me being a baby. Thank you all for the support on this fabulous site.  LOL xxxxxxx

Hello Pandora1

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Pandorra

I was driving 1 week after surgery - automatic gears though & my node surgery was on my right side, so no strain.  However, when I’m in the passenger seat, the seat belt is still uncomfortable more than a year later! My dressings came off after 10 days, though there were a couple of leaky areas that had small dressings put back on.  I was back at work 10 days after surgery - but not doing anything heavy.X