Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please - breast reduction surgery

5 REPLIES 5
jackx

Re: Advice please - breast reduction surgery

HI

I had my breast reduction at the same time as WLE the same incission being made on both sides, like Kate says above you even get a lift, we deserve something good! I have been really pleased, the scars have healed really well and am so pleased I went for his option.

Take care xxx

kate67

Hi,

I had my breast reduction done at the same time as my other surgery. I am very happy with the result and I even had an uplift thrown in! Everything has been fine and the nipple sensitivity has actually increased- I thought that it would decrease

almas

Hi
I had all my treatments in 2001, and was very lopsided, but as you say there are worse things, to cut a long story short, I was asked if I had considered a reduction and said yes. In January I had it done, all I can say is I wish it had been done years ago, I love feeling normal, it didn't take long to recover, but my confidence has risen by miles. It has become expensive on clothes now because I can wear anything .

Ann

abcde

I am having this done in three weeks time so I will let you know how it goes. Keep in touch.

kmans

Dear Maddy

I had my reduction at the same time time as my mastectomy and recon. By comparison with that side it was a doddle! It now looks very much better than it did before - quite perky even! The nipple looks fine - if permanently erect. There has been some marginal loss of sensation - but not complete. I would certainly do the same again.

good luck with your decision.

K

MaddyW

Advice please - breast reduction surgery

Since my WLE in October last year I've been looking forward to having my right breast reduced to 'match'. Yesterday I saw the surgeon in charge of Restructuring and he has agreed that I can have the op within the next three or four months. Now I find I'm not that keen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had (naively) believed that the op could be done in the same way as the WLE, around the nipple to match - but he says it will involve moving my nipple and cutting into the breast tissue beneath. I've now begun to question if I want the op as there are so many things which could go wrong. Do I really need this op? How have you other ladies coped with this decision?