Advice

Hi
I have been to my gp in august about a lump near my breast and armpit area and she said she thought it was a fatty deposit she also said she could feel 2 other lumps but they were very small (the one lump is quite big like a golf ball slowly got bigger over 8 months ir so) I asked to be referred to get them checked as most of the ladies in my father’s side have had breast cancer and have passed away at young age she was very reluctant but said she would reffer me after i insisted. I have rung the gp up as I have not heard anything and the referral was around August 8th and to be told that I have been referred to the surgeons and this may take at least 6 months to hear from them. I would just like your opinions on what I should do do I wait and hear what the surgeons say or do I go back to gp and insist I get referred to breast clinic or does anyone know of any breast clinics in bridgend cf32 area I can maybe ring for an appointment or walk in clinic? I just don’t know what to do :frowning:

Hi Vyvianne, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time and I am sure are users will be along soon to offer some encouragement and support. 

I have moved your post to a busier board (Breast awareness, signs and symptoms) so as to give more users the opportunity to respond.

In the meantime please do call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about breast clinics and offer a supportive ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

I don’t know what the guideline timescales are in your area for being seen by the breast clinic. Surely your doctors surgery should know what the process is and how long it would be normally to receive an appointment. It’s sounds too long to me… Did your GP actually do the referral??? Can you contact the clinic, or hospital for further information. I’m new to this forum but I haven’t heard of anyone waiting this long for a 1st appointment. If it was me I would contact my surgery and the breast clinic and request immediate answers. Copy of the referral letter and answers on timescales from the breast clinic/ hospital would be a start. Hopefully someone else will be along soon that may know about your local area. Also give the helpline a ring. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.