Advise Please - Tamoxifen and Gyno problems

Hi All,

I have been on tomaxifen for 8 months now and have been finding it painful when “doin” it. Anyway i’ve been getting tummy ache and doc sent me for an ultrasound scan. He called me in urgently today as he said there are 3 cysts on left ovary and 2 on right ovary as well as thickening on the endrometurium with small cysts on there as well. He now wants me to go to a ghno doc and have a biopsy and then he mentioned tomoxifen increases your chance of womb cancer. Has anyone else experiences similar problems while on tomaxifen as i’m really worried now about taking tomaxifen.

Please advise.
Thanks
Suky

Hi sukes
I had exactly the same 3 cysts on one ovary 2 on other,doc decided to take them out,been on tamoxcifen for 3yrs now, deffo side affect of tax,
Lornaxxx

Dear sukes,
I have numerous fibroids and an enlarged womb that has not given me any problems until I started taking tamoxifen. Within a week my abdomen was really tight and I had continual pain. Had bad headaches and palpitations.
Read up on the numerous side effects: increase in fibroids, cysts, thickening of the womb lining, spotting, bleeding and uterine cancer are all possible side effects. Decided to come off the tamoxifen and take my chances. I see many threads on this site about gyni problems and so you have to decide for yourself what you are prepared to put up with. Possibly more ops like hysterectomy and oophorectomy if you stay on it. My oncologist agreed with me but she didn’t tell me before about the side effects as she didn’t know about my fibroids. But I did my own research and decided I’d rather take a chance without hormone therapy.
It is a hard one and the trouble is the medics do not share knowledge unless you push and talk to them about it.
I have a good prognosis anyway and felt I would rather feel better and get back to full health, I go to a medical herbalist for hormone balancing,than suffer 5 years with extra problems. Some ladies sail through their hormone treatment but for others they suffer so much.
So I’d advice you to do your own research try! and get information from your oncologist and then make an informed choice that suits you. It isn’t easy but at the end of the day, it’s your body!
Best wishes
Leadie