333313posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise for hormone treatment failure

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Advise for hormone treatment failure

Hi,Julie,thank you xxxxxx so glad you are doing well on cap. I'll keep my fingers crossed it knocks the squatters on the head for you xxxxx it seams to give good results. Huge hugs and take care,Helen xxxxxxxxxx
Hi,elily,sorry I've just noticed your post. That's great about the cap too ,the transfusion will have you sorted I'm sure.
Huge hugs and take care ,Helen xxxxxxxx

Hi Helen,
Sorry to hear that Letrozole not working!!!! I'm sending you a big hug. there will be a treatment out there for you!!! You are a strong positive lady!!!! This is a roller coaster journey that we are on!!!! So very stressful and emotional!!!! I've started my 2nd cycle of Capecitabine today, all ok when I went to see oncologist, had denosumab injection as well, but have to wait until cycle 3 to see if this is working. We are all here for you.
Julie
Xxx

Hi,Belinda and porkie,thank you xxxxxx yes,I know what you mean. I would have just liked something to start working even for a short while. I think it's that that's got me in a panic, that my cancer is not responding to any treatments so far.
Take care and hugs to you both,Helen xxxx

Letrozole didn't work for me and the bone ache got me down. I was only on it for three months post chemo. Now on Capecitabine and have felt much better though my haemoglobin level is falling and I am to have a blood transfusion.

So sorry to hear that traetments are not working for some of you but I echo Belinda's words to hang in there - there are lots of treatments around these days although I know it is so hard when a treatment stops working and you are in no mans land. Letrozole and ee stopped working for me so I am now on chemo and herceptin - it is early days and tough but whilst I was dreading chemo I did feel better emotionally once I had started a new treatment. I hope that you all feel the same and whatever the treatment is it works wonders for you. xx

So sorry to hear of everyone's worries. It's so stressful hearing a treatment's not working. Can only advise hang in there ladies we all seem to have a treatment that either doesn't work at all, had this myself, or a treatment stops working and catches us off guard, just when you felt you could relax a little.
Take Care and whatever is next I hope it works well. X

Hi,Sheila ,thank you for your wise words of encouragement . Huge hugs to you and take care,Helen xxxxxxxx

Hi Helen,

I'm so sorry you have been so upset. I know how I felt myself. There are loads of treatment s out there and I'm sure you will have success with the next one! Just before I started on the taxotere I asked my onc if there was something else I could try if this didn't work and he said there were quite a few. I'm glad this one is working obviously but when I went for my results last week I tried to calm myself by saying that I can try another if this isn't doing anything.

I think you are right to say that you are going to go for the cap. People on here have had good results from this for a long time.

Also I had 4 weeks over Christmas when I wasn't on any treatment and this was hard mentally but it doesn't seem to have made any difference and I am feeling better now than I have for a few months.

Love Sheila. Xx

Hi Danika,

Sorry to hear that your treatment has stopped working. I was in the same situation at the beginning of Dec last year. I have since had 4 cycle s of taxotere and the liver tumours are smaller, the lungs are stable or slightly better and my bones are healing. 

I hope you will feel much more positive when your situation is clearer and you start other treatment. Take care. Love Sheila xx

Hi ladies, many thanks for your responses. I'm gutted letrozole has stopped working as I had a good quality of life while I was on it. Worried about the next line treatments. My oncologist has mentioned the e&e combination, oral chemo. But he's wanting me to go on a trial because of the gene multation, but I think these are hard to come by.
I'm only 34 with a two year old and hope I can see her start school. Its nice to know theirs support out their. Thanks again

Hi,Tracy,thank you. Feel totally devastated and haven't stopped crying since this morning. Awful sitting on ward as getting zometa at same time with other people staring while sobbing my heart out,no privacy . Nurse said I would probably get EE or a chemo. But onc will decide in three weeks when I see him. But I'm pushing for the Cap. Chemo first,don't think I can cope with losing hair at the moment.I'm praying something will work .
Huge hugs to you too,Helen xxxxxxxxxx

Oops that was meant to be huge hug!!xx

Hi Helen, I've just noticed your post that the letrozole is not working for you, I am sorry and truly hope the next treatment will be successful. Sending you a huge!!
Tracy xx

Hi,Danica,I've just found out letrozole hasn't worked for me. I was diagnosed with mets in bones and primary at same time. I started on tamoxifen and that failed,then letrozole and that failed. My markers just kept going up every month. My next treatment is E/E or chemo. My onc will decide when I see him next.
Highlighted

Like ponsmiur I had good response to letrozole, for 18 months in fact, and then it stopped working and I had progression to liver. I did a course of exestemane/everolimus and this sadly did not work for me so changed to capecitabine. I am just starting cycle 12 and my last scan showed everything stable and improvement to the bone mets. I have had few se's, my feet are just starting to get slightly sore and dry but the udderly cream seems to have sorted that.When I went to clinic last week they gave me a graph of my tumour markers which had dropped every cycle and now seemed to have stayed stable at 43. They said that as I seem to be tolerating it well I could leave my next appointment and scan for another 6 weeks and came away with 2 cycles of the little peachy pills. Hopefully they will find a treatment that will work for you. They had wanted me to have weekly taxol but I was happier to leave that in reserve and try the oral chemo route first. At the moment that seems tro have been a good decision and I am hopeful my next scan is also stable. Good luck x

Hello Danica,

I'm sorry you have this worry. We are all different so what suits one person may not be effective for another. I did well on Letrozole after my very extensive bone mets were discovered in December 2013. After 9 months it was beginning to stop working and I went on a hormonal trial. Sadly that did not work and I now have mets in my liver.

My Onc has started me on Capcitabine - I am on day 10 of the first cycle so early days...it's an oral Chemo and there is lots of info on a dedicated thread on here.

Your Onc may have a different suggestion but I thought you'd like a reply. All the best.

Advise for hormone treatment failure

Hi all,
I wanted to ask for some advise regarding my situation. I was diagnosed with multiple bone mets in sept 13 went on letrozole and demnsaub. Tumour markers were dropping scans were stable then I had a scan two weeks ago showed disease progression in my bones almost in most bone areas now and in bone marrow in one location, And it looks like spread to my liver too, but I'm still ungoing test. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and could advise what treatment they have had which has been successful. I also carry the brca 2 gene.
Thanks in advance