After MX how long will I be in pain

Hello. I had a r mx 3 weeks ago and initially recovered quite well. However I’m now feeling more pain than I was a few days ago and have had to increase my painkillers. Can anyone reassure me if this is normal? I’m quite worried in case something has gone wrong

Hi Ceciddle,

I am at exactly the same stage as you, Mx & ANC three weeks ago. I experienced more pain during the third week, and had to up pain killers. I am not too concerned as the swelling has almost gone, although there is still some seroma. However, mobility in the affected side is much better. I have presumed that the increased pain is because the nerves are recovering and therefore objecting to the injury! I have my post operative review on Wednesday and plan to check then. I can update after that if we have had no further advice!

Best wishes,

MM

Hi Ceciddle,

I’m now 6 weeks post MX (I had an immediate Stattice recon) I’m still in a little bit of pain, my Lymphnode scar is sore and I find the underarm seams aggrivate it. It’s bareable pain though, I get shooting pains which i’m told are the nerves starting to rebuild themselves. i still have to sleep on my back though laying on my side seems to be uncomfortable, it feels a bit like the implant might slip although i’m assured that can’t happen :slight_smile:

Hang on there it does get better.

Sending you hugs

Sharon
x