After Tamoxifen

I stopped Tamoxifen end of May beginning of June after being on it for 5 years.
For the past week I have been suffering with alot of joint pain and especially this week in my knees…has anyone else had this after stopping?

I stopped Tamoxifen a few months ago after 5 years and on the whole feel better - don’t know if the aching knee is just old age!

But - I seem much more prone to bouts of mild depression - feeling “down” with no reason. Do you think this, and the aches, might have something to do with a bit more oestrogen at work in our bodies now?

I’d really like to know what others think. Meanwhile, Karen - big hugs.

Jillie

Hi

Havent commented on here for a while so here goes…
I came off tamoxifen about a month ago. Ive been off sick for 3 months now - lots of symptoms pointing to secondries but thank god after CT scan of brain, blood tests & bone scan, Ive been given the ok. I was having regular(ish) light periods, especially over the last couple of years (I’d been taking tamoxifen for 5 years when stopped) but in the past 3 months Ive had none.
At the moment, I’m at the lowest of all lows. I cant stop crying, feel aggressive & het up & dont understand how I feel like this now Im off the dreaded drug.
Im not sure whether it just takes the body a while to ‘recover’ after tamoxifen, but Im worried that I might have now started the menopause (still have flushes, mood swings etc even though I dont take tamoxifen anymore).
Just wanted to say to everyone that this forum is bloomin marvellous & I hope that someone somewhere will be able to tell me what’s going on with my body!!!
x