After Tamoxifen

After Tamoxifen

After Tamoxifen Hi

I know its a long way off yet as ive just started on this stuff but after 5 years whats happens then, im oestrogen receptive and going on Herceptin but after 5 years will they give me a hysterectomy or will it be more tablets? Sorry another question, does Tamoxifen put me on a temp menopause or is it a permanent one, I dont want anymore children so that side doesnt bother me.

thanks, love

Tracey

Dear Tracey With regards to your question about Tamoxifen, you may find
the Breast Cancer Care factsheet helpful to read.
You can read it via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/
docs/tamoxifen__november_06_0.pdf

If you feel that you have further questions after reading the
factsheet you are welcome to contact the helpline on
0808 800 6000 which is open Monday to Friday
9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

tamoxifen Hi Tracey,

I don’t know much about tamoxifen as I had a hysterectomy due to fibroids some 10 yrs before I got breast cancer. After FEC chemo and rads, I was on tamoxifen for 2 months, but I guess the Onc realised I should be on Arimidex, for post menopausal women. I have been on it since Feb 2004. I recently saw my bc surgeon for an annual review (was discharged by the Onc after finishing rads) and asked him how long I will be on Arimidex - short answer was, he didn’t know, as there is not enough literature and studies. All he could tell me is that I will be monitored annually for 9 yrs from being diagnosed. So, I am still taking Arimidex daily. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can answer your question.
Liz.

Thanks Liz for replying.
x