After care and advice

I have been very disappointed in the lack of information I was given following my op. I was very positive right from the start, but have become increasingly low about the healing of my breast. I would have liked to be told about support groups in my area so that I could have talked to someone in the same situation, but all inquiries I have made have led nowhere.

Hi Ayejaye,

Sorry you are feeling low and it sounds like you are feeling a little isolated.
Have you spoke to you BCN about support groups? Sometimes groups advertise in hospital waiting rooms, there was a group advertised in the waiting room in both oncology and radiotherapy waiting rooms.
I think there are some groups on facebook aswell, I don’t do facebook myself but I have seen others mention it.

Hope you can find something that will help.

Wendy x

Hi Ayejaye

Is am sorry to read that you are feeling this way, I wonder if you have called our helpliners for further practical and emotional support? Our team are here for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays, they may also be able to direct you to support groups in your area

You may find the following support ideas from BCC helpful including our ‘Someone like me’ email / telephone support service whereby you can be put in touch with someone with a similar diagnosis/ experience to you

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support

Take care
Lucy BCC