After treatment...

Wasn’t sure where to post this.

I finished my treatment (radiotherapy after chemo and mx/anc) in early July. Since then, I had a CT Scan in August to double check a section of bone at the base of my spine which appeared to have thickened in the CT scan that I had at the end of my chemo.

I did have a follow up appointment booked with an oncologist for a couple of weeks ago, but the hospital wrote to cancel it and the letter said they would give me a new appointment as soon as they were able to, but I’ve heard nothing since.

In fairness, i feel so well that I’m sure that scan was nothing to worry about, but it would be nice to be told. I also expected to see someone after my rads, but didn’t, so I assume this follow-up appointment that I’m waiting for is the final chat, so to speak.

How did it end for the rest of you? Is this normal?

I’ve been taking Tamoxifen for a month and a half now, and not having too much trouble with that, and I have an appointment to see my surgeon again next February, but other than that, I’m on my own, I guess?

Hi SJB, from my own personal experience and that of many friends there appears to be no such thing as a "final chat ". I remember walking out of the hospital after my last radiotherapy feeling very strange, like I needed closure from my oncologist but there was nothing until my check up 6 months later. Fingers crossed for your scan results, take care x

Hi SJB

I haven’t had my final chat yet. I had MX and SNB 12/12/2012, chemo Feb-May 2013, no rads (my choice) and I’ve been on anastrazole since June 2013. I’ve had a few non cancer related issues that my onco wanted to make sure got sorted before she will ‘sign me off’. Next appointment with her is September 30th. I think the rest of the February Valentines 2013 had a ‘signing off’ meeting after rads.

It’s weird, isn’t it, like being left in limbo.

Hi

I finished my radiotherapy early June this year and as Chascat says, i walked out of radiotherapy on the last day and no one saw me, to discuss the end of treatment.  About a month after I received a copy of the letter sent to my gp which said I would see the consultant in the summer.  Well, i keep waiting for that appointment to come through in the post but so far no letter has arrived.   I feel I need a final chat as I feel like I am in limbo. 

Glad to hear it is not just me who feels like this.

I do know my hospital only does follow up mammograms every 18 months whereas a lot on the forum seem to get a checkup mammogram annually.  

Jaye x