Age 31 with liver mets

Hi, Is there anyone who has mets and about my age?? Don’t think there is many of us!!
Diagnosed last week with Primary BC and liver mets all at the same time.
Started Herceptin and taxo this week.
xx

Hi Kerryrose

I was also 31 when diagnosed (21/04/08) but fortunately for me it was early and contained. Whilst having chemo however I met a lady who was mid 30’s with extensive mets including liver, lung, bone and spine she had finished her chemo and was having Herceptin and a drug which has recently been proven to reduce spread and damage to bones (ask about it…it has previously been used in the treatment of osteoporosis)…anyway she looked and felt amazing the lesions on her liver had reduced to only one and there was no evidence of cancer in her lungs, bones and spine, in otherwords she was on top of it. I am sorry I can’t be of much help and I am sorry your diagnosis has been a hard one. I wish you all the very, very best with your treatment and keep your chin up. Your in for a fight so throw your best punches!!!
Hugs Leelee

Sorry to hear yr dx, just wanted to know how they found both? Just being totally paranoid since being dx!! love debs xxx

Hi Kerryrose, I’m so sorry to hear your diagnosis. There are lots of women using the secondaries forums who are in their 30’s and 40’s…some in their 20’s. It’s a very supportive place…you’ll find friendship and more…I know as I was diagnosed with my secondaries in 2003 and have been posting there since 2004. Many have had experience of taxol and herceptin…I hope it works really well for you.
I too was diagnosed with mets from the beginning, it’s all in my profile…there are quite a few of us diagnosed with mets from the start…Take Care…x.x.x

Hi Kerryrose.
I was dx nearly two years ago with both liver and bone mets and more recently with brain mets. I was 33 at the time.

My liver mets have shrunk so much in that time that they are no longer visible on scans. However, I do still have the other ones

I have not had much trouble from them and have been on Herceptin since August 07 and seems to be doing the trick. Askk any questions Im on every few day. Good luck with you treatmentand hope it tolerable.

Best wishes Kate

Thanks kate two years sounds like a long time when you have to wait to see how the first lot of treatment is working. I find this website very helpful. Lots of positive feedback which is greatly needed. Xx