Allergy

Hi everyone,
Now I know this is a bit bizarre but 10 years ago when having chemo I suddenly became allergic to my cats fur it lasted for all time I was on it and for some time after. I am now on capecitabine and I have intermittent sore throat sneezes watery eyes and cough which I have just realised is worse after cat been on my lap. I have been away from her all day it symptoms much improved again. Has anyone a else develop an allergy on chemo?
Thank you xxxx

I had the opposite experience - my hay fever went on holiday whilst I had chemo. Similar allergy so there may well be something in it. Maybe the chemo damaged/changed your mucus membranes in some way. I think sometimes we just become allergic to stuff randomly - not always the cancer!

Chemo can affect your nasal passages, so any sensitivity could be increased (to a noticeable level) during chemo. My nose was streaming so much during chemo 1, I wouldn’t have noticed an allergic reaction.
Pet allergies can be odd. When I left home, I suddenly developed an allergy (streaming puffy eyes) to my mum’s cat. I wasn’t allergic to the cat while I lived there and haven’t been allergic to any other cat at any time.