cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always Chemo for recurrence?

5 REPLIES 5
Tolliebelle

Re: Always Chemo for recurrence?

Hopefully it will just be DCIS but if not I am glad? you will have the chemo. I don't regret having it again but think I would if it came back again and I hadn't. Good luck for your surgery and fingers crossed it is contained xxx

namaste

Thanks Tolliebelle, good to hear your view but sorry you're having to go through this again. It's rubbish isn't it 😞

I had my appointment Friday and yes, it has returned. Masectomy is recommended so I'll be in before the end of July. They've said chemo won't be needed though as it's contained.... DCIS. They are gonna check though so that could change after the op and further tests.

If chemo's recommended I'll take it to give myself the best chance. 

Take care xx

Tolliebelle

I too have been left with peripheral neuropathy but having different chemo this time around xxx

Tolliebelle

Hi I have now had TN 3 times first 2011 left breast lumpectomy chemo rads. Right breast 2013 lumpectomy chemo rads again. Left breast again May this year after negative genetics test last year. Have had bilateral mastectomy and having chemo again just started this Wednesday sorry. Obviously you can choose not to have chemo again but it was recommended as best treatment for me and I have gone along with the experts? But would never forgive myself if I was dx with it somewhere else if I hadn't had the chemo. It is VILE having it again but hoping this is3rd time lucky and it will be the end of it xxxxx

Sam_BCC

Hi namaste

I'm sorry to read you're having a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences do give the helpline call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your thoughts and concerns with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

namaste

Always Chemo for recurrence?

I'm not sure if anyone knows and of course we're all different, but, if TN is chemo always given if you have a recurrence?

TN diagnosed 2013, had 11 Tax, then WLE with clear margins then 3 AC then 15 radiotherapy plus 4 boosters. Bit of a long road!

Been called back from my mammogram last month and waiting for results of biopsy on same breast. Not looking good though. Anyway, if there is a recurrence I definitely want a masectomy and will talk about bi lateral although not sure if that makes any difference to whether or not you develop cancer.

I really, really, really don't want chemo again though. It takes over everything, I'm left with peripheral neuropathy and took over a year to begin feeling even half normal again. 

It feels like we've just got back on an even keel (though the finances will never recover 🙂 ), making plans etc and now this.

Anyone know or anyone who didn't have chemo with a recurrence?