Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being paranoid?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Am I being paranoid?

Hi Emma,

Have you had your appointment now and was everything ok??

Let us know

Delly xx

Highlighted

Thanks Caffy.  Yes you're right - I guess its only normal for us all to feel a bit paranoid.  I'm trying to stay positive and not think about it too much, whilst at the same time hoping for the appointment next week to come quickly.

Thanks for your good wishes and I hope you are well.

Emma xx

Highlighted

I have read on here about others finding lumps and bumps in their scar so I'm sure it wil be fine, but I think in your (all of our) circumstances we are 'allowed' to be a bit paranoid and I know your BCN wil be more than happy to see you if only to put your mind at rest. You have done the right thing making the appointment and I wish you the best of luck. xx

Highlighted

Am I being paranoid?

I had a local recurrence early this year and had a mastectomy and reconstruction.  I've been healing really well and gone through chemo again and now on zoladex injections and exemesthane.  After my recurrence I am very breast aware and have noticed a small pea size lump that looks a bit like a pimple on my scar line.

I know that some of the scar does still feel lumpy but this is new.  It looks almost like a spot under the skin but I didn't know whether to be concerned or not.  I didn't know if I should tell my partner or not as I didn't want to worry him again (also he recently lost his dad and is still grieving), but did end up telling him and he thinks it looks a bit like a spot.  He said I should contact the BCN to just get it checked out and I have an appointment to go to the clinic next week.

Thing is I'm worried that I'm being paranoid thinking that because it came back once, it might again.  But I don't want to waste everyone's time if it is just a pimple or cyst.