Am I being paranoid?

I had a local recurrence early this year and had a mastectomy and reconstruction.  I’ve been healing really well and gone through chemo again and now on zoladex injections and exemesthane.  After my recurrence I am very breast aware and have noticed a small pea size lump that looks a bit like a pimple on my scar line.

I know that some of the scar does still feel lumpy but this is new.  It looks almost like a spot under the skin but I didn’t know whether to be concerned or not.  I didn’t know if I should tell my partner or not as I didn’t want to worry him again (also he recently lost his dad and is still grieving), but did end up telling him and he thinks it looks a bit like a spot.  He said I should contact the BCN to just get it checked out and I have an appointment to go to the clinic next week.

Thing is I’m worried that I’m being paranoid thinking that because it came back once, it might again.  But I don’t want to waste everyone’s time if it is just a pimple or cyst.

I have read on here about others finding lumps and bumps in their scar so I’m sure it wil be fine, but I think in your (all of our) circumstances we are ‘allowed’ to be a bit paranoid and I know your BCN wil be more than happy to see you if only to put your mind at rest. You have done the right thing making the appointment and I wish you the best of luck. xx