Am I normal?!

I’m finding it quite hard to cope waiting for CT scan result, but have felt a bit better the last couple of days. However a copy of the consultant’s letter arrived today (I’d forgotten they did that) and seeing it written down has made it seem a lot more scary, I think it was the official jargon. I suppose when I picked it apart it wasn’t any different to what had been verbally said, it just feels like it especially when the words urgent scan are used. It does sound as if the CT scan was to see if the rest of my lymph nodes need removing or not as 10 have already been taken out, but I’m still panicking and feel very aware of every ache!  xxx 

Hi jencat

All perfectly normal I’m afraid!!

It’s always an anxious time and seeing it written down is just worse. But they use words like ’ urgent’ to make sure you are seen as soon as possible, so don’t over think it.

I hate getting those letters, even now, after all my active treatment is done, just because I expect the worse. Most of them I’ve just filed and don’t intend to ever read again!

Remind me… when do you get the results?

Sue xx

Quite normal to feel that way Jencat, the terminology can sound a bit scary & although it’s all been explained, it does bring it home somewhat when we are still getting our heads around it. ‘Urgent’ is routinely used in this context, so that everything happens in a timely fashion, as it should.

It would be lovely if we had a magic wand to take all the worry away, but we do get through it. 

As I’m a lot further down the road now, I find the letters quite reassuring & I do read them occasionally. 

hugs

ann x

Jencat my consultant said I cannot return to school my next op is 8th then Chemo then rads he said I will be off for approx 8 months but he doesn’t want me going to school in between because of risk of infection fortunately I get full pay for 6 months though x

Ct scan is precautionary no reason to believe further spread at this point x I am getting a sick note to start on 5th September and will ask that that be Day 1 x

Thank you Michelle for the heads up definetly wirth looking in to x

My next op is September need to wait a few weeks after that to heal before chemo so I am guessing that starts end of September start if October which takes approx 5 months then a few weeks break before radiotherapy which is another 3 weeks and my consultant said he wants a month clear of rads before I return to work risk of infection etc

I have spent the morning with my mom and sister and now feel much calmer now as you all know I am a wuss with ops etc so dreading the drain but needs must x I don’t mind flying just think of the lovely destination and on Michelle’s plane we will be cancer free x