cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I worrying for nothing?

10 REPLIES 10
cassviv

Re: Am I worrying for nothing?

Thank you so much Mags for your message and for thinking of me in church.

I hope you're having the perfect (early) retirement in Spain and enjoying the ex-pat life whilst making some local friends, your attitude is something that helps you and remember that.

In truth they gave me no guidelines on how to treat the abcess, other than the antibiotics and so far nothing is changing........presumably it will be as rapid a disappearance as appearance? It does confuse me as I don't know quite what to expect to happen. With regards to pain, the beauty of a spinal injury means I cannot feel anything.....the core biopsy was done without local 🙂

Keep well,

love Vivienne xx

woody24

Hello Vivienne,
I`m so so so pleased to hear your news,I was thinking about you in church last Sunday,what a good outcome,you deserve it,you sound as if you`ve had enough to contend with. Hope you are pain free shortly as the abscess subsides,and be vigilant in the future.
Love and best wishes from Mags xxx

cassviv

Dear Theresa and Mags

Thank you both for your messages of goodwill and support. They have obviously done the trick as today after a mammogram, scan and biopsy....the result is very good, they are 99% certain it is an abcess.

I have new antibioics to take and a follow-up at the breast clinic in 10 days time and hopefully, that will be it.

Phew, it's been a rollercoaster these last few weeks and it's opened my eyes to another world that I was ignorant of before.

But, not any more and I will make sure I keep in contct via this site, and make my friends and family more aware of something we take for granted.

Love to you both,

Vivienne xxx

woody24

Hi there,
I just wanted to send you my best wishes and re-iterate what Theresa said about "don`t read too much on the internet",I`m sorry to say I read it all after my diagnosis and was terrified by it all. It`s very out-of-date and the statistics aren`t true any longer. I was DX in Nov.08,had chemo,surgery & radiotherapy,am on hormone tablets for 8yrs,but feel so well now that we`ve moved to Spain to carry on with our(early) retirement. My recovery hasn`t been hiccup-free but nothing major,it always helps to come on here when you have a problem,there`s always someone else who`s had the same thing,and believe me,if I can get through all the treatment,anyone can,(I say this `cos I`m such a mard-arse). Also don`t fret if it seems to take a few weeks to get the"cure"underway,I went to my G.P.twice with my sore boob and was twice sent away,by the time I went for the 3rd time and saw the senior partner,my tumour was grade 3 and had gone to the nodes but I`ve come out of it well, as regards IBC being more difficult to treat,none of my medical team have ever actually said that,just that it`s harder to detect. Keep your chin up and put your faith in the docs,they know what they`re doing.
Lots of love to you from Mags xxx

rhapsodyangel

Glad to hear that you have got an appointment and that it is quite soon... {{{hugs}}} I go away on holiday on Friday so won't be back until after your appointment... I do hope it is good news - but if things do turn out to be IBC please don't read too much about ibc on the internet as treatments and survival rates have got much better although you can still read very scary things on the web...

Hope you have good weekend with your son - but do remember there is alot of support on here if you want to talk, rant anything... also the phone helpline is excellent if you want to discuss anything you are unsure about...

Theresa x

cassviv

Dear Theresa, Jo and Tors

Thank you so much for your responses, advice and goodwill, and I'm especially indebted to you Theresa for replying!!

I have been contacted by the clinic today and have my appt booked for next tuesday....which is a great relief, and in many ways having posted on here and now having an appointment has calmed my rapidly-wandering imagination. I'm going to wait until Tuesday to know what I am dealing with, and I hope I'm as lucky as you Theresa and get my results there and then.

I will come back to you and your forum, and in the meantime I'm going to try to control my mind and just enjoy the sunshine with my son. And I hope you all enjoy this current, beautiful weather.

xx

rhapsodyangel

Here is a link to the IBC part of the forum

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/inflammatory-breast-cancer-ibc--f103.html

Theresa x

rhapsodyangel

Cassviv so sorry that you are going through this worry... I was diagnosed with IBC on May 27th 2008 and in my case i suddenly noticed my breast was pink... I also went to see my gp who prescribed anti-biotics... A fortnight later i went to the one stop clinic and was diagnosed on the same day... by then there were more symptoms - my skin looked like a giant strawberry with the classic ibc "orange peel skin" the nipple was inverted and my breast was very swollen and hot... (you could actually feel the heat through clothes... also by then part of my breast was very hard.

At the clinic they gave me an ultrasound which showed up the tumour and took two types of biopsy one with a fine needle and one called a core biopsy... (just wanted to tell you what might happen...)

We do have a subforum on here for those of us with IBC... we are a very small group as IBC is so rare but are very supportive...

I really do hope it is not IBC

Theresa x

Jo_BCC

Hi cassviv,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums where I am sure you'll get lots of good support from the many informed users of this site.

I have put for you below the link to one of BCC's publications you may find useful before your referral visit to the hospital.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTe...

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence and for a good 'listening ear', the helpline staff are here to support you. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Hope this helps. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

tors

i have no experience of IBC, mine was ductal, but just want to bump this up for you in the hope one of the ladies on this site may have relevant information for you, and i also want to wish you all the very very best

xxx

cassviv

Am I worrying for nothing?

Hi,

On Saturday, I noticed that my left breast was swollen, very hard and red in places. After a visit to a walk-in clinic, I'm came away with antibiotics for (possible) infection or to seek further advice. Anyhow, today my g.p. has referred me for an urgent scan at my local breast clinic as she does not think it is an infection (I have no temperature and the antibiotics have had no effect). Due to it's inflammed and sudden appearance, she's concerned it's IBS and wants to rule out that the 6cm hard lump is not a tumour.

So now I'm worried and waiting for the phone call for the scan - desperately, hoping it will be quick.

I have a 3 year old son, and having already faced the trauma of a serious spinal injury 20 years ago (now a Tetraplegic and use a wheelchair), I really do not wish this, as none of us do.

Is there anyone who has had suspected IBS, that has turned out not to be? Or can anyone give me a positive outlooks on IBS? I'm grateful for any advice, or should I just concentrate on this after my scan.

I don't want to be melodramatic or make my family anxious, but, I'm starting to get anxious!

Thanks,

Cassviv